It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Troops Deploying In North Korea

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gainsayer

Maybe you dont understand the concept of guerialla warfare. The US was getting its ass handed to them by farmers in vietnam, and we walked out. We never declared victory, even with dropping napalm, agent orange, the whole no rules war, we still lost.

Even if there is a no rules war we will still lose. IEDs and EFPs take out 50 million dollar tanks and with no military. IEDs are still going around in afghanistan. If the US was so great why are they investing in more up armored hummvees and MRAPS?

THESIS: Unless a Marine Air Ground Task Force Commander
Unless a Marine Air Ground Task Force Commander
understands guerrilla warfare, conflict with a belligerent who
uses guerrilla warfare will cause a problem.
In 1973, the United States left South Vietnam, ending
eighteen years of military support. One reason for the pull-
out was the United States' inability to stop the guerrilla war
being conducted by the Viet Cong. To prevent future problems,
an understanding of guerrilla warfare is necessary.

From Major Johnie Gombo, USMC
www.globalsecurity.org...

edit on 18-1-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Wow aren't you an ignorant one. I would suggest for you to read a history book about how smaller and less advanced armies have overcome the odds and won but with your tone I don't see the point. Yea you guys probably are the number 1 military in terms of technology and hardware but that doesn't guarantee a victory. And yout ignorance towards my country is disgusting. We most certainly do not rely on America and although we may not have the largest or most advanced military we are often assigned some of the toughest tasks. Take world war 2 and Afghanistan for instance. And we are statistically more active than americans. We are a peaceful country until you piss us off and if a country ever invaded you can bet all our citizens would put up one heck of a fight, we are tough people.

P.S. To any American reading this I have many american friends and have a deep appreciation for your country and it's people, although I cannot stand your government( As well as ours) and some of your ignorant and arrogant people who disrepect other countries

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

If the US was so great why are they investing in more up armored hummvees and MRAPS?

Did you essentially just ask why they would be upgrading if they were so great?

So why are they adapting and changing?
Why are they improving?

I saw America called Powerful and strong.. I didn't see anyone claim our military was perfect.. You were backed into a corner, your carnal instinct happens to be illogically spewing things from your mind.... That's cool, to each their own. Of course we are going to improve vehicles to fit the situation... What an ignorant statement / question.

Again.. Ask a vet - High command and political correctness have been the root cause of these prolonged wars.. Our soldier damn near need to check an ID before they are able to engage suspected hostiles...its getting our men and women killed.
edit on 1/18/2011 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Gainsayer

Maybe you dont understand the concept of guerialla warfare. The US was getting its ass handed to them by farmers in vietnam, and we walked out. We never declared victory, even with dropping napalm, agent orange, the whole no rules war, we still lost.

Even if there is a no rules war we will still lose. IEDs and EFPs take out 50 million dollar tanks and with no military. IEDs are still going around in afghanistan. If the US was so great why are they investing in more up armored hummvees and MRAPS?

Okay, I'll humor you...

58,000 US KIA.
1.1 million North Vietnamese/Vietcong KIA

Although in your mind that may be an "ass-handing" as you put it, I have a funny feeling most will look at those figures and come to a different conclusion. The reasons why the US pulled out of Vietnam require much more discussion than a simple thread on ATS will provide, so I suggest you do that research on your own.

EFP's have been fairly successful in Iraq, true. Iran found it very difficult to supply enough of the explosives and training required to implement them though I'm afraid. Quite deadly, they weren't used nearly as much as you imply.

I'll leave you to your fantasies though. In your world, up is down, left is right, 10:1 ratio is bad, protecting your troops with superior armor is weakness. Riiiight.
edit on 18-1-2011 by Gainsayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

As I stated in an above post the missiles will be worthless, the SM-3 missile can intercept an enemy missile from all aspects ie boost phase all the way to terminal. And unless they are optically guided they would have to acquire and maintain a lock on the target ship.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The North Korean news has an articile about businessmen from China to invest 2 million in a industrial plant.
But it doesn't say anything about Chinesse military being there. Here is that articile:

online.wsj.com...

link   

Originally posted by Canadianpride420
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Wow aren't you an ignorant one. I would suggest for you to read a history book about how smaller and less advanced armies have overcome the odds and won but with your tone I don't see the point

You mean like how China took a beating in the Korean war with their massive numerical superiority and lost something to the tune of over 180,000 killed that they'll admit [400,000 by some UN accounts] vs the US 38,000? Not to mention another 250,000 North Koreans who never made it home...

In spite of their numerical superiority of almost 3 or 4 to 1 the US/West were still able to fight them to a stand still around the 38th parallel. No the Korean war wasn't a loss but a draw. Neither the US or China wanted a third world war.

edit on 18-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

I wasnt backed into any corner. I said that we lost in vietnam even with no rules, and we are still not winning in afghanistan because of guerilla warfare. See my previous post (one above).

The us is forcing to get more MRAPs because even in a country that doesnt have an active military they still need that much protection.

Imagine the US fighting a modern army. It will be much harder and will exact many more us lives. The chinese are a modern army and I am not saying that china will win, but that the US will rethink how many thousands people they want to lose.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Resurrectio

I wasnt backed into any corner. I said that we lost in vietnam even with no rules, and we are still not winning in afghanistan because of guerilla warfare. See my previous post (one above).

We couldn't touch North Vietnam. It wasn't until Nixon ordered the 24/7 Christmas bombings in 72 [Which some said we should have done in the first place] that Hanoi finally agreed to the cease fire at the Paris peace talks.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The average National Guardsman/Reservist is better equipped, better trained, and better taken care of than your active duty Russian or Chinese soldier. This is not up for debate, I'm afraid.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Here is an articile in the North Korean News about China sending troops, China said they never send troops out of there country, except for peace keeping. And they are not sending troops to North Korea. We get a lot of news that is bogus. Our media does not even research the news anymore they all get it off the news promtors. Here is a link to that story.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gainsayer

Were fighting the way we did in Vietnam and Korea? The US military isn't trained to fight guerilla warfare? I see. I don't think I'll waste anymore time on you.

The Korean war was not a US war but a UN coalition war.

The UN troops(this includes US troops) wiped out NK and ended up fighting Russian(pilots) and Chinese(troops) in Korea.
www.acepilots.com...
www.history.army.mil...

Without the intervention of Russia and China we would not be having problems with NK today as there would be no North .Korea.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I love this thread in that one the first page I could read two totally polar opposite posts.
One in fear of China and the other in total negligence of China.
The USA is playing nice with China to ease them on our side and take care of trade and have a power along that part of the sea that they can play puppet with.
They are at least 20 years behind in technology when it comes military. 30 years behind in infrastructure. 40 years behind entertainment (LOL).. Anyway, you may fear an army of approx. 9.4 million compared to the USA's approx 2.5 million...However, take into consideration our 4,300 nukes [more like 9k] and their 200....
Don't let the media fool you into the USA being weak, it's playing weak.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Why do you assume i'm talking about China. I didn't write anything about China's military history. My point was that you americans shouldn't think you are invisible and untouchable because with that attitude one day someone will come and knock you off your pedestal.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Interesting move by China.

1) Ensures SK will not annex their "attack dog" NK via reunification

2) Makes SK/US vs NK conflict less likely allowing NK to throw a jab or two South once in a while with less chance of retaliation or escalation

I think China has realized the US strategy of planting military bases around the world works, and now they want to work the strategy themselves. Maybe China is even looking to annex Nk for themselves ... they could use a little more elbow room over there.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by prexparte

Originally posted by Lansky
War.. what is it good for?

are you like serious? you do realize we are about to loose what little freedoms we think we have.

I am not serious at all. God forbid! although i would like to know how you think a war will stop us from losing what little freedoms we think we have?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gainsayer
The average National Guardsman/Reservist is better equipped, better trained, and better taken care of than your active duty Russian or Chinese soldier. This is not up for debate, I'm afraid.

Yeah, your right.
But your not taking into the understanding that an American Civilian is a weak minded, obese consumer.

Where as the Chinese, and more specifically the Russians are a little more in tune with their..

.. animal and fighting instincts.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I gave you an Applause...hope that helps. Don't really want to close down a thread with 8 pages of replies. Apologies we mods missed that earlier.

my apologies to :S
i did make a search to avoid any duplicate... i missed it
S&F for yours

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This is just China protecting some of its interests, simply what America has been doing for the past century. Kim Jung Il is in no position to back down to the Chinese. This is in no way going to start any war and an invasion of America is laughable. Yes we do have the greatest technology in the world but that is not the reason. It is simply because they are in full control of our economy. If they wanted our country demolished it would take only a few months of not trading with the dollar and our currency would be more useless than it already is. Or they could just stop trading with us period and then we'd really be in for it. The point is they do not need to invade us to cause our country harm. In fact that is the worst thing they can do. When America has a common enemy they can achieve anything but with us broke and frantic we will destroy ourselves.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Yeah, your right.
But your not taking into the understanding that an American Civilian is a weak minded, obese consumer.
Where as the Chinese, and more specifically the Russians are a little more in tune with their.... animal and fighting instincts.

I'm not getting into a debate on inherent "military prowess" by nationality. I'm presenting you a fact, based on budget alone. A war with mass populations being drafted is very unlikely anytime soon. Proxy warfare is likely the way of the foreseeable future.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join