It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Troops Deploying In North Korea

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
We all knew this would eventually happen. We should've been prepared for it. Now China will take over the world. Doomsday is here people. Have fun!

link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Imightknow

I agree,
But Iraq showed that people who believe in their cause can still bring a superpower with super weapons to its knee's.

China has the people, and enough of a militaristic level to be a major problem for the USA.

Don’t kid yourself, the US isn’t invincible.

Many good men and women died in Iraq did you expect a clean war? That is just a part of war, loss and sacrafice . If you consider that "bringing the USA to it's knees" then i have to strongly disagree it is quite the contrary. The casualties on the Iraqi side are immense. The Iraqi Republican Guard was crushed within a matter of a few months. Gulf one for example, it was not even a fight. They surrendered in huge numbers usually and few fought back. When you have a resistance setting off IED's it does take a toll on morale but is no more effective than throwing a slice of bologna at a M1 Abrams Tank as far as affecting entire invasion force. The method is called "cheap shots" it is not meant to defeat the entire ground force it is meant to make a statement in the face of it's own defeat.

If that was not a epic OWNING of Saddam and sons and his entire regime then i do not know what is.

Our Government got what they came for, they got what they want.

The End
edit on 18-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by VocalHero
reply to post by Ben81

To me it sounds like China is simply protecting them. If history is any clue, the world knows that the US will go to war for just about any reason. Perhaps they are showing solidarity with their asian brothers.

so I can see with reading your post, you are obviously anti american....another sorry thing!!! to see.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
you know what is scarry here, reading the post to peoples from around the world are wanting america to be destroyed. This is an eerie feeling

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by prexparte
you know what is scarry here, reading the post to peoples from around the world are wanting america to be destroyed. This is an eerie feeling

I have to laugh at the Hate-Envy

America will not be destroyed, they do not realize our warped foreign policy has been orchestrated by the same rulers that are in bed with their Rulers as well. That eerie feelings is changes are coming be it revolution.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Is that a sign of the waking up of the beast
all those us carriers now have no choice but to back up ..
we dont want to piss off China...

Once we 'backup' we are showing a sign of weakness, something we cannot afford to do at this time.

They are in the present time THE superpower

No they're not. I assure you, we are STILL the #1 super power. Perhaps not for long, but still...we are.

will Kim jung ill make a move since he his now fully protected..

Doubt it.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I have suspicions that the Communist party in China demands this sort of thing, even though it goes against the grain for many of their government officials....Many of which, only portray themselves as supporting members of the communist party so they can use it to enrich their families, and many of these people have family members living high on the hog in the United States....I know personally a lot of people living in China, and know this is true.. Because of these weaknesses, I bet those troops are only token for the party chairman's benefit...In otherwords, perhaps meaningless..

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready If you think that North Korea has the largest standing army than you've been sleeping under a rock. Communist China has a standing army of 200 million strong and could possibly mobilize more if needed. As for being a super power, they are not there yet but getting very close to being one. As for debt, China holds a very large amount of U.S. debt.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
this should have nothing whatsover to do with the us. there is no chance of an invasion on the us and there probably never will be unless it is from aliens, canadians or mexicans. just look at the uk and even ethiopia, two countrys with great natural defences and havent been invaded for centuries. it would be a tradgedy if this led to ww3 but its not going to happen.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

The chinese military is a joke. If you take a look at most of the chinese equipment it's either stuff they purchased from Russia then broke their contract and started building unlicensed and inferior examples. Or through direct espionage one good one that comes to mind would be the W88 warhead.

I remember seeing threat books in 1999 that showed that China still had ships in commission that were built in the late 30's and they weren't using them because they were great ships either. They maybe have one destroyer squadron worth of modern LOOKING ships that still relay on optically guided missiles. The equipment on those ships was purchased from other countries many of which speak many different languages. Then they tried to teach them all Chinese and it doesn't work too well.

People may want to counter with the story of the Chinese sub that surfaced within the Kitty Hawk battle group. As I commented before on that the Kitty Hawk had numerous equipment issues and was extremely loud. Also battle groups don't have dedicated subs that go with the carrier, unless ordered to stick around they'll come and go as they please. Surface ships rarely use active sonar unless they have reason to suspect an intruder is nearby. So if you can't get at least get one sub inside the Kitty Hawk battle group then that nation shouldn't even have subs.

One other thing to touch upon is China can build all the missiles they want but they'll still have to make sure they can launch them before the sites are wiped out. Even then the missiles will have to fight against a heavy ECM environment , missiles CIWS and conventional countermeasures to score a hit. Historically China has talked a lot tougher than it really is, I wouldn't give their navy more than 72 hours before they'd be coral reefs. I wouldn't give their pitiful air force more than 48 hours, 72 if we pull any remaining F-4's out of storage and use those only. Then you just send in 1000 or so Tomahawks and they won't have much of a land force left, remember tiny Japan walked all over mighty China pre WW2. I don't want war with China at all not because I fear that paper tiger they call a military but because our countries have much more important things to do than fight and kill each other.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Wow this degraded very quickly into a conversation about how tough and well armed Americans are... I agree we are! But lets consider some facts here:

North Korea is about to undergo a change in leadership, one which all reports indicate NOBODY is happy with.

China is industrializing (has industrialized) very quickly and is showing a distinct interest in playing nicely with the worlds economy not to mention it is in their best interest.

China's communist government is becoming more and more capitalistic by the day.

Maybe China is preparing for an alliance with the West with the first major step being to hand over what has been an unparalleled pain in the butt for them in North Korea whose very manner of existence no longer matches where China wishes to go as a nation.

Dollars to doughnuts my bet is China will be our confirmed ally before the end of this decade.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If true, then something is going on.

Perhaps this troop movement is to intimidate and reassure Obama that China means business?

America owes less than 2% of its national debt to China. That's not very much...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I would not put it past the Chinese to send a large number of troops into NK.

Think this through. NK attacks the south and the US get ready to start bombing NK.

Obama then gets a phone call from Chinese government telling the US that the Chinese troops have taken over NK and stopped the war from starting,

China could then ask for aid from the US SK and the UN for putting in a new peaceful government in NK and modernizing the country. (as china is next door a lot of the aid money would be spent buying materials from china.)

China would then look like good guys and make money from it.

Maybe that is why Obama and the Chinese leader are meeting. to plan on how to takeover NK without a shot being fired.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Ben81

China is definitely not "THE" superpower. Their cutting edge weapons being unveiled have finally caught up with our 20 year old common technology, and despite popular opinion we don't owe them a very large percentage of our national debt. We owe the vast majority of it to ourselves, and after that Japan ranks #1. On top of all that, North Korea already had the largest standing army in the world, so a few more Chinese infantrymen really makes no difference, and our Carrier groups do not care how many men are on the ground, because they are 100 miles offshore lobbing million dollar weapons at their targets.

If the article is true, it is concerning that China has chosen this approach instead of reigning in the NK government, but most diplomatic news is saying the opposite. It is more likely that any Chinese troops in NK would be there to watch the NK government and assist the US in keeping a lid on things in the region.

China may not be the superpower, but do you think that this will be an easier war to win than Irak or Afghanistaliban? I mean China can easily send supplies, troops, equipment while the US has to rely on the carriers and supply ships. China has home game advantage.

And the Chinese are unveiling a ballistic missle capable of sinking a carrier. I mean seriously, we US think its gonna be a walk in the park with anything when we are walking around afghanistan with our balls tucked behind our vaginas cause we cant get the job done against a bunch of opium farmers and you think a country that has one billion people and many more resources, and an industrial and manufacturing base much bigger than afghanistan will be easily stopped?

You need to get your head out of the sand

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It's become quite normal to see a gross underestimation of the US, and overestimation of China here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The US was in irak war one, and in two its not going much easier..US was also in WWII, korea, vietnam, and we are still losing in afghanistan, experience helps if you learn from it...the US hasnt learned a damn thing.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Perhaps you should stay in your lane, whatever that may be, my friend. You clearly have no grasp on military matters. I suggest you begin by understanding what an "insurgency" actually is, and how you properly combat it. It should be quite easy, the US just rewrote the book on fighting insurgencies successfully in Iraq. Modern military theorists put it at 15 years to pacify a semi-modern nation, the US managed it in 5. Chew on that for awhile.
Reading up on "Rules of Engagement" would be helpful as well. The restrictions placed on US military forces for the past decade have borderlined criminal, and are barely in the realm of warfare, especially as someone as you would think it. Perhaps the US should just forego the silly notions of building infrastructure, local police and military forces free from corruption, and forget about that "positive ID" crap.
If the US fought wars they way the world used to, Afghanistan and Iraq would be smoldering craters, albeit at huge cost of civilian life. Is that what you want?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gainsayer

The us fought wars the way they did in vietnam and korea and still lost, there were no restrictions on rules then, yet we still lost, how do you explain that.

And why haven't we won in afghansitan yet? Why are us soldiers under constant threat, because it is a guerialla war and the US military is a modern army not trained to deal with guerilla warfare.

Maybe you need to read up on military history if you think we won every war in the past 50 years.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Gainsayer

The us fought wars the way they did in vietnam and korea and still lost, there were no restrictions on rules then, yet we still lost, how do you explain that.

And why haven't we won in afghansitan yet? Why are us soldiers under constant threat, because it is a guerialla war and the US military is a modern army not trained to deal with guerilla warfare.

Maybe you need to read up on military history if you think we won every war in the past 50 years.

Were fighting the way we did in Vietnam and Korea? The US military isn't trained to fight guerilla warfare? I see. I don't think I'll waste anymore time on you.
edit on 18-1-2011 by Gainsayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Every war you mentioned was plagued with political decisions... Lets look back at ww1 and 2 ... Gloves off..

The world does not want to see America fighting for true survival.. I would hear the asses snap shut around the world!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join