It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Emergency Message On TV Last Night

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Not that specific one, Fred, just more teser signals. On the previous page of this post, I updated what was goin on.

Youre right about Boeing. But also remeber a few other things about Seattle, and remeber my suspicons Bush and friends had something to do with 9/11.

Be a prime place for the Bush admin to strike.

Skadi...south Florida is mostly Republican and we had quite a few of those emergency broadcasts too, but we were having more emergency broadcasts from a month or two back to about three weeks ago. It has been a couple of weeks or so now that its a bit more quiet. Anyways, we also had these broadcasts too..... so its not Bush or the administration behind this....

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well, Maud Dib, the emergency broadcasts and the frequncies are pretty disturbing.

It is my belief that the Bush admin might stage some sort of terrorist attack, or knowingly let one through, in order to screw around with the elections.

There is also alot of dissent within the Republican party ranks, remeber that.

Just keep your eyes peeled, enevr know whats around the corner.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Just last week an "AMBER" alert was issued using the emegency broadcast alert system. Due to the use of this system a child under the age of 1 yr was found safe with his abductor in a restaurant. I witnessed the alert issued by the MA State Police over the system.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I would say that what you saw was probably done at the governments request for test purposes. Bush is losing the elections and they're desperate so we WILL be getting these and they're being tested in preparations for the "attack" coming to the US.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think it was a mistake. They forgot to push the button that says "this is only a test." Some novice who wasn't used to being up all night, etc.
Of course the cable provider or whoever denied it, otherwise they would be announcing: "yes, please fine us a few thousand dollars,we'll make more. That's me gut instinct.

[edit on 14-8-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
i have seen this message a few times, and also i have seen the weekly test thing almost everyday. you know where they come on with the loud disturbing noise, and say this is a weekly test, and some other stuff. the times that i saw the other message it was in the middle of the night and i switched it to cnn and msnbc and stuff but nothing important was on.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Maybe 'they' are trying to freak everyone out. Why would they need to test this system so much? Seems like many people are seeing this.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
A thought for your consideration perhaps that nonexistant broadcast was subliminal cue a programming technique to impant (something!!!!!)
It is all about control these days is'nt it.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
www.drudgereport.com...

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SUN AUG 22, 2004 16:00:02 ET XXXXX

WEATHER SERVICE 'WARNING' CATCHES LOS ANGELES BY STORM; REPORT STATED DANGEROUS TORNADO HEADED DOWNTOWN
Sun Aug 22 2004 16:40:44 ET

The skies in the Los Angeles basin were fair Saturday morning when computers connected to the National Weather service in Oxnard began screaming.

"AT 825 AM PDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR WAS TRACKING A LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO 7 MILES SOUTH OF GLENDALE...OR ABOUT NEAR DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 20 MPH."

An official bulletin issued at 8:39 AM PDT warned residents that a Tornado Warning was in effect until 9:15.

"IF NO SHELTER IS AVAILABLE...LIE FLAT IN THE NEAREST DITCH OR OTHER LOW SPOT AND COVER YOUR HEAD WITH YOUR HANDS."

There was hardly a cloud in the sky, but the alert stated in horrifying detail: "THE TORNADO IS EXPECTED TO BE NEAR PASADENA BY 8:50."

The warning remained on the state's EMERGENCY DIGITAL INFORMATION SERVICE database for 4 minutes, without further comment.

Until:

EDIS-08-21-04 0858 PDT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LOS ANGELES/OXNARD CA

"PLEASE DISREGARD THE PREVIOUS TORNADO WARNING. NO TORNADO EXISTS."

It's not clear if weather service employees believed they were actually living through a shock scene from this summer's fuss film DAY AFTER TOMORROW, or if the event was simply a computer glitch gone horribly wrong.

But one weather service staffer reached at the Oxnard office hours after the commotion joked how someone there will surely be hiding in a ditch for the misfire.

Developing...

Odd...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I can't believe that was a mistake!!!

There was a whole fabricated story, not just a idiot pushing the wrong button!

I wonder what they thought was really heading towards LA????

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I live in Portland, Oregon and we get these tests once per week during the day on broadcast tv (don't have cable so don't know if they show them on these channels as well). But they always state this is a test of the emergency broadcast system and last about 1 minute. I think twice it has also been used with the Amber Alert system and thank god the kids have been found unharmed in both cases. The Amber Alert also cuts into radio stations here in Portland.

Regarding National Guard reservists being called up I do think the current administartion is preparing for some big event. My brother who finished his 4 years in the 82nd Airborne just before we invavded Afghanistan was suddenly contacted about 3 months ago and was told he had 1 week to join any military unit in the country or he would be assigned one. Well he chose to join my father-in-laws National Guard unit and luckily they had a spot open for him. So they are definately preparing for the possibility of something going to happen. Also the National Guard each year has their annual training in August and it is always for 2 weeks but this year it is almost 4 weeks long. Definately weird.

I believe they told my brother to join any unit so if needed they know his exact whereabouts and could deploy him in just a few days. So I am guessing the powers at be are not sure something is going to happen but they suspect there is a good probability that something might. Whether it be Iran or something at home who knows? I just thank god he finished his 4 years when he did as his unit went to Afghanistan and then on to Iraq.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrdependable
I live in Portland, Oregon and we get these tests once per week during the day on broadcast tv (don't have cable so don't know if they show them on these channels as well). But they always state this is a test of the emergency broadcast system and last about 1 minute. I think twice it has also been used with the Amber Alert system and thank god the kids have been found unharmed in both cases. The Amber Alert also cuts into radio stations here in Portland.

Regarding National Guard reservists being called up I do think the current administartion is preparing for some big event. My brother who finished his 4 years in the 82nd Airborne just before we invavded Afghanistan was suddenly contacted about 3 months ago and was told he had 1 week to join any military unit in the country or he would be assigned one. Well he chose to join my father-in-laws National Guard unit and luckily they had a spot open for him. So they are definately preparing for the possibility of something going to happen. Also the National Guard each year has their annual training in August and it is always for 2 weeks but this year it is almost 4 weeks long. Definately weird.

I believe they told my brother to join any unit so if needed they know his exact whereabouts and could deploy him in just a few days. So I am guessing the powers at be are not sure something is going to happen but they suspect there is a good probability that something might. Whether it be Iran or something at home who knows? I just thank god he finished his 4 years when he did as his unit went to Afghanistan and then on to Iraq.

guess what buddy..they are recalling even those people..i guess everyone forgot to read the fine print of the contract?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
About 2 hours ago, our local Phoenix station carried the Emergency Alert Broadcast. There was none of the prelim "This is a test" nor ending which usually says" This concludes our test of the Emergency Broadcast System, had this been a real alert...etc."
Very weird.
joey

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I just searched this on google because it happened to me tonight. My husband and I are sitting here watching the Jay Leno show and all the sudden this message comes across the screen... says "THIS IS A TEST OF THE EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM" (okay, no biggy...) but then underneath that it says "civil authorities". Did anyone else notice this on NBC tonight around 12:05am?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

i live in huntington beach, ca and i turned my tv on for the first time in months and the emergency broadcast system cut in alerting the county of los angeles and it had civil authority in the middle of the screen. i wasnt really paying too much attention so i didnt really hear what the person was saying. im assuming its got something to do with martial law or preparing for it.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Thought I'd just check in on this thread and see if anyone had anything to add... I've been noticing a frequent increase of Emergency Broadcast tests in the past week. Each time they say that they are weekly or monthly (forget which) tests of the Emergency Broadcast System but I noticed they tested it a few nights in a row. Doesn't sound monthly or weekly to me.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

im from portland oregon. i remember seeing that exact broadcast a few times and i remember the first time i was just as freaked out as you and could not find info on any news channels. so i asked my mother about it and she told me " oh thats normal the channel your supposed to turn to is the local public channel 14" (or was it 17. one of em) so when it happened again the next day i did and it was just a regular broadcast to warn residents of certain counties of extreme weather lightning flooding etc.

so next time try one of your local broadcast channels. not the mainstream media :p
edit on 12/13/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join