It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Switzerland Issues Arrest Warrant against George W. Bush

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Switzerland Issues Arrest Warrant against George W. Bush

www.schweizmagazin.ch

On February 12 next is George W. Bush invited by a Jewish organization to Geneva.

At that time, the Swiss Federal Council Simonetta Sommaruga, director of the EJPD (Eidgenössisches Justiz-und Polizei Department) must take action to have him arrested.

Legislative amendment

The list of crimes where the former American president is guilty has been made. Crimes against humanity, torture, attacks on civilians, massive violation of the Geneva Convention, the use of prohibited weapons and numerous war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Since January 1, 2011 in Switzerland, a major change in
(visit the link for the full news article)

Ok, Switzerland - lol!

I'll bet the farm, literally that its more likely that Barrak Obama gets impeached for fraud and graft before the Swiss "authorities" see Bush other than on TV.

Priceless, US is a soverign nation - Switzerland has no authorirty over us, our citizens or our legal system. Good luck with that!

I guess unless they are planning an invasion, which in all frankness would be a good thing for us, a warm up before China gets here.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It seems that the text is saying the Swiss authorities 'should' be arrested, not that an arrest warrant has been issued. If that's correct, the title of the thread is inaccurate and misleading.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
It seems that the text is saying the Swiss authorities 'should' be arrested, not that an arrest warrant has been issued. If that's correct, the title of the thread is inaccurate and misleading.

The title is how it is, copy paste from the original source.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I just have send Alex Jones this info.

I think if this is true then it will come out quickly.

edit on 18-1-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Right. It would help if there was a proper translation. The misunderstanding, if there is one, could have come from the OP's translation.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Isn't the original source in German?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Isn't the original source in German?

George W. Bush kommt auf Einladung einer jüdischen Organisation am 12. Februar nach Genf. Dann muss Bundesrätin Simonetta Sommaruga, die Vorsteherin des EJPD, handeln und ihn verhaften lassen.

Sommaruga will Bush verhaften

my translation

1 George W Bush is coming by invite by Jews on the 12th of februar. Then Simonetta Sommaruga, chief of EJPD(police department/law ??)must take action to arrest Bush

2 Sommaruga wants to arest Bush

link OS

wiki Simonatta Sommaruga

EJPD hompage justice department (Simonetta Sommaruga)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The title is how it is, copy paste from the original source.

I have a lot of experience of translation, but am very rusty with my german. But, I've had a closer look at the translation of the headline of the article. "Sommaruga will Bush verhaften".

So - Sommaruge is a person in authority - Attorney General?. 'Will' - comes from the verb vollen, to want.
verhalten - verb (infinitive) to arrest, can also be used in the sense of temporary arrest, so could also be translated as 'detained'.

There's no mention of arrest warrant which is haft-befehl

So, unless I'm very much mistaken, the title of the article says:
'Sommaruge wants to arrest/detain Bush.'
Another translation could be:
'Sommaruge wants Bush to be arrested/detained', or conceivably, 'Sommaruge calls for Bush to be arrested/detained'.

This may not be totally accurate, because there may be other meanings of the verb 'verhalten', but, it needs to be emphasised that in the title of the article:

1. that the verb 'wollen' is the verb used in the headline, which means 'to want'.
2. there is no mention of 'arrest warrant' (haft-befehl?) in the title of the article.
3. the word 'Switzerland' (Schweiz) does not appear in the title.
4. the word 'issue' (ausstellen) does not appear in the title.

The title of the thread is therefore a very innacurate translation of the original headline.

Here's a google translation of the first part of the article:

George W. Bush at the invitation of a Jewish organization on 12 February in Geneva. Then Federal Councillor Simonetta Sommaruga, head of the FDJP act, and have him arrested.

(my note. google hasn't translated the word 'muss' from the original, which means 'must', so I suggest the more complete translation of that last sentence would be: ....Simonetta Sommanuga, Head of the FDJP must act, and have him arrested.)

The list of crimes of the former U.S. president is long. Crimes against humanity, torture, attacks against civilians, massive violations of the Geneva Convention, the use of prohibited weapons, and numerous war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Since 1 January 2011 in Switzerland, significant legislative changes in force requiring the prosecution of these crimes. The Attorney General is therefore required to have Bush arrested on arrival and to open a case against him, because Switzerland is also responsible for prosecuting crimes committed abroad if the offender is in Switzerland and not delivered, or to an international criminal court can be transferred

We can be curious to see how serious it mean the Federal Council and the Attorney General under the Attorney Dr. Erwin Beyeler with the Swiss law enforcement. Are they to be decided by their own laws or connect them with feet? They do not act, this would be a serious breach of their duties, their oath of office and a mockery of the victims of the Iraq War

It's clear there has been no arrest warrant issued, and in fact the article seems to be speculating whether the Federal Council and the Attorney General will, in fact, implement the new laws and have Bush arrested.

edit on 18-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The writing has been on the wall for a while after that poor fellow got his foot stuck on the accelerator on Bush's front law then a coffin was delivered to Bush's house. It is sad, but it could not happen to a more incompetent ex-president. Hopefully they clean out a lot of the other corruption in the process and restore some integrity back in the nation.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Is that real?oh please tell me that"s not photoshopped!!!I don't watch the news on television because I can't stomach the lies they spew, and cannot read the link you provided,I will try and do a search, this is really too good to believe.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
All of you Bush bashers need to get a clue. Do you really think you know all the facts surrounding anything related to war and politics? Of course you dont.

War is hell!

Everywhere you look you see conspiracy theories about 911 and people whining that we went to war "for oil" prefaced on finding WMD. Lets face it, the fact that no WMD's were found was the beginning of his falling out of favor with the American public. If Bush is such a criminal and willing to go to such great lengths as the 911 tragedy then please explain to me why he didn't plant WMD in Iraq so that our military could discover the WMD and he would come out smelling like a rose? Seems to me if he is as crooked as many of you say he would have planted the WMD and been a hero!

I am not big into politics and didn't vote for President Bush but I have admiration for him.

All of you bashers are nothing but hypocrites!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Nigeria to charge Dick Cheney in $180 million bribery case, issue Interpol arrest warrant

www.rawstory.com... -warrant-dick-cheney-bribery-case/

www.abc.net.au...

Nigeria drops charges against Cheney
Posted Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:24am AEDT

Nigeria has dropped charges against former US vice president Dick Cheney over a bribery scandal allegedly involving Halliburton after a settlement, an anti-graft agency spokesman said.

"The charges were dropped today," the spokesman, Femi Babafemi, said. The settlement involves a total of $250 million, he said.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Is that real?oh please tell me that"s not photoshopped!!!I don't watch the news on television because I can't stomach the lies they spew, and cannot read the link you provided,I will try and do a search, this is really too good to believe.

If you talked of that pic where you see Bush coffed? No that's not real, damn sorry to scare you.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hey there Tribe, you might wanna verify your story before posting a thread like this. The only google listing of this is your thread on ATS, lol. Sorry just wanna break it to you gently, get your facts straight before you post...thank you.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I think this thread is pretty sad and for the record I never thought I would be standing up for George Bush but the simple fact is that you can speculate war crimes all you want, but I don't think for a minute you understand the responsibilities and decisions that come with the job. For which war crimes and be specific?

There are two major forces in the world today communism and capitalism. I get the feeling there are a lot of communists right here and most of you don't live in the united states, so don't try to explain to me the evils of capitalism if you don't really know.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I just checked other Swiss online news-portals ( www.nzz.ch, www.20min.ch, www.blick.ch, www.tagesanzeiger.ch ) and nowhere is something like this mentioned. The Article is dated

10/01/2011

So it's highly unlikely that other news-portals will miss this.

Also, I'm not sure if this article is actually a news-article or just an opinion. It's mentioned that new laws have become active on 1st of January which COULD be used against Bush, but I sincerely doubt that this is more than a brainfart. Besides, the title and the passages in the article are worded differently:
Title:

Sommaruga will Bush verhaften

= Sommaruga wants to arrest Bush

Quote from Article:

George W. Bush kommt auf Einladung einer jüdischen Organisation am 12. Februar nach Genf. Dann muss Bundesrätin Simonetta Sommaruga, die Vorsteherin des EJPD, handeln und ihn verhaften lassen.

= GWB will visit Geneva on February 12 by invitation of a Jewish organization. Then, councilor Sommaruga, head of the Swiss department of Justice and Police, has to act and get him arrested.

The way this passages are written seems to clearly indicate a wish, not a matter of fact.

In summary: I don't think that this article is more than an opinion of what SHOULD happen (from the writers perspective...)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
Dick Cheney's Get Out of Jail Free Card

What's the going rate for getting a former vice president off the hook in a major criminal case that involves charges of government corruption and raises concerns about violent wrongdoing and even murder? If you're Dick Cheney, it's roughly $250 million. That's the amount that Halliburton and its former subsidiary KBR Inc. are reported, by Nigerian officials and international observers, to have paid to get the government of the African country to drop bribery charges against the former corporate CEO and other Halliburton employees and operatives. Top Nigerian lawyers and newspapers are objecting, and rightly so. The charges against Cheney and his colleagues go far beyond the usual corporate corruption.

Sweet.

Get out of bribery and corruption charges...by bribery and corruption, only bigger.

I hope they do arrest him...he might squeal when poked and try to make another 'deal', perhaps he'll be the one that starts 'naming names' if push comes to shove?

If his mates think that, i wouldn't bet on his longevity.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

I believe they are hiding certain links to various websites on their search engine. They're not what they used to be.

try this
www.scroogle.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
why dosent some1 just use there new app on there i phone and tranlate this for us?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CayceFan

please explain to me why he didn't plant WMD in Iraq so that our military could discover the WMD and he would come out smelling like a rose?

I know they did try to rebrand a chemical truck as a mobile biological weapon factory, but David Kelly as an international weapon inspector debunked it. He was found dead a few years later with much controversy still surrounding the case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join