It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE- A 34,000 year old bacteria has come back from the dead and is breeding

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychoparrot

ummm no.
bacteria and virii actually do the naughty,after a fashion.

its called genetic exchange:

pathmicro.med.sc.edu...

...So what happens when the old bugs meet the new bugs and start cross-breeding?

ahhh...
hadn't thought of that thanks for pointing that out,SC.
hmm, would they be compatible with anything currently in the modern micro world?
edit on 18-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

edit on 18-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Stuck in a crystal in Death Valley for 34,000 years? Talk about using crystals for a time machine - it worked for Napoleon Dynamite and it worked for the bacteria!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
i do hope theyre freindly and dont give me runny poo
edit on 18-1-2011 by lewman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamiejames
Boy, someone really wants us to believe that the end of the world is gonna happen...next year. All this brainwashing is incredible.

First of all, how the heck do they know that this virus is 34,000 years old? hahahahahah...come on now. The BS is starting to really get ridiculous. Second, how did they know the virus was there? Did they bring microscopes to the excavation site with them? hahahahahaha Third, how did they capture this virus? Where they using Microsoft Vista? hahahahahaha And, lastly, how do they know it's "alive"?

What is that smell??? Bull-dookie?

If you read the story in the first place it was a salt crystal they found in death valley and a scientist decided to take a second look at them a while after the excavation or whatever was done.
they didnt capture it they simply opened up the salt crystal.
and its spelled were not where
yes probabloy microsfot vista but most likely mac or vaio
they use a microscope, have you heard of them before?
edit on 21-1-2011 by Voyce because: Wrong type of crystal

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Great find! S&F!
It's amazing to hear news like this, the resilience of life is incredible.
What I am wondering is that if this bacteria can survive in salt crystals for 34,000 years then maybe there are bacteria on Mars that have survived as well? Mars is a seriously harsh enviornment to survive and it seems like salt crystals would be too. Maybe there is life up there after all...........

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wardwolf

The chances for life on mars are lot better underground! Honestly, I would be surprised if the planet was 100% completely sterile, wouldnt you?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

There is a lot of salt on Mars. It's plausable that at some point in the future we will find the remains of ancient life preserved in that salt. Maybe not living organisms but there's a chance. If Mars is completely sterile I would be very suprised indeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join