It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian therapist who claims she can help gay men go straight faces being struck off

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MommaT

People talk about how being gay is 'wrong', an 'abomination' etc... maybe so, it is in Leviticus. But it also says not to plant 2 different crops next to each other... someone needs to tell the farmers to get those soybeans away from the corn!!

I think you should do yourself a favor and start going back to church. Christians, in general, don't use Leviticus to say homosexuality is a sin; Romans 1 is the key text. You would also know how the Old and New Covenants fit with one another.

(Jesus is a mistranslation of Yeshua)

No it's not. It's a transliteration via Greek of Yeshua. Yeshua is transliterated as Iesous in Greek, Iesus in older English and then it becomes Jesus when the letter J entered the English alphabet.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

So would things have been different if the therapist was an atheist? Not everything is a Xtian conspiracy to turn us into a theocracy. THe are plenty of other religionists, agnostics and atheistic who dislike gays and consider it an illness.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

So would things have been different if the therapist was an atheist? Not everything is a Xtian conspiracy to turn us into a theocracy.

Well I find it highly unlikely that an atheist would offer to rid a homosexual of his believed gay demon or invoke the power of an imaginary friend.

I've have yet to speak to a christian in the UK that would not gave us live under their gods laws be it in relation to justice or morality.

Seeing as how the you UK education act instructs schools to conduct a daily indoctrination of other peoples children into the christian cult the evidence is certainly worthy of deep consideration and strong challenge but the intellectual fraudulence ,screaming and stamping of feet blows the agenda wide open.

The are plenty of other religionists, agnostics and atheistic who dislike gays and consider it an illness.

And I do not dispute this.

( Hey look, I corrected you spelling out of the goodness of my heart no gods required, care to think of any moral action done by a christian that could not be done by an atheist ?)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

No it's not. It's a transliteration via Greek of Yeshua. Yeshua is transliterated as Iesous in Greek, Iesus in older English and then it becomes Jesus when the letter J entered the English alphabet.

Further information for you Tom -

The Hebrew name for Jesus has always been Yeishu and the Hebrew for "Jesus the Nazarene" has always been "Yeishu ha-Notzri." (The name Yeishu is a shortened form of the name Yeishua, not Yehoshua.) It is important to note that Yeishu ha-Notzri is not an historical Jesus since modern Christianity denies any connection between Jesus and Yeishu and moreover, parts of the Jesus myth are based on other historical people besides Yeishu.

We know very little about Yeishu ha-Notzri. All modern works that mention him are based on information taken from the Tosefta and the Baraitas - writings made at the same time as the Mishna but not contained in it. Because the historical information concerning Yeishu is so damaging to Christianity, most Christian authors (and even some Jewish ones) have tried to discredit this information and have invented many ingenious arguments to explain it away. Many of their arguments are based on misunderstandings and misquotations of the Baraitas and in order to get an accurate picture of Yeishu one should ignore Christian authors and examine the Baraitas directly.

Hayyim ben Yehoshua

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well I honestly feel that it was a hostile act conducted to fulfil an ideological viewpoint. No problems there. The fact was the therapist offered a variety of services of the "sick" person chose to avail themselves.

I hope that she is released. I find her odious in that she assumes that homosexuality is an illness. I believe that the guy in question was definitely acting outside of the rules of combat. How is he supposed to know that there are not people who have a legitimate wish to cease to be gay? In whose name is he acting?

On the topic of your children's indoctrination from any source on any topic I am a parent and I have challenged and countered all harmful indoctrination. If you need any help feel free to contact me privately.

Ican remember being at school and I certain was never indoctrinated into anything. I have no interests in proselytizing religion nor evangelical atheism.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Well I find it highly unlikely that an atheist would offer to rid a homosexual of his believed gay demon or invoke the power of an imaginary friend.

No but this is not really about religion... The bigger issue is the attack on homosexuality. It represents a rearguard action to turn the clock back on mental health thinking. What is your agenda clearly one of evangelical atheism. Mine is mental health practice.

edit on 25-1-2011 by tiger5 because: Remove "Text"

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
AKKK after seeing her ugly puss i want to go gay lol
come on 20 mints in a session with her your ready for a much better looking hairy guy lool

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

No but this is not really about religion... The bigger issue is the attack on homosexuality. It represents a rearguard action to turn the clock back on mental health thinking. What is your agenda clearly one of evangelical atheism. Mine is mental health practice.

edit on 25-1-2011 by tiger5 because: Remove "Text"

I'm not getting you, are you implying that homosexuality is a mental illness ?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well, that reporter certainly doesn't have a whole lot of intelligence. Not surprising with his belief system, though.

Don't go to someone for a certain type of help and then start running in circles crying about it when they agree to help you as requested.

Fortunately the source is the DM so I don't believe that story has a lot of veracity anyways. If it is true, then that is entrapment for something that shouldn't even be a crime.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

"I'm not getting you, are you implying that homosexuality is a mental illness ?" Nope!

Being gay is not a mental health issue of itself. However if a gay person chooses to genuinely attend such a therapist then so be it. It is their choice. For someone to then go and use entrapment as an act of hostility is beyond the pale.

Again I ask you what is your agenda? Is it evangelical atheism??

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This case has nothing to do with weither the therapist tried to force her christian beliefs on to an individual. The beef of the case was this individual whom had sinisters motives, going to this therapist asking for help to cure him of his homosexuality. Claiming this was causing him stress and making him depressed. The Therapist offers him help, including christian treatmenst, he then agrees to this, ony to turn round and launch a complaint with regards of therapists offer.

Clear entrapment. in my opinion if no one can see this, then you are defintely delusional

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If a gay man wants to go straight and this person is offering to help them then why should they be struck off?

It was the gay mans choice to go to her?

This is disgusting

(BTW I believe that gay men are gay and cannot 'turn' straight, however it is besides the point)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Again I ask you what is your agenda? Is it evangelical atheism??

Nope, I'm just out to protect my children by keeping xtians t(hat would try to force thier belief down our throats) feet to the fire at every given opportunity, it's self defense.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

If a gay man wants to go straight and this person is offering to help them then why should they be struck off?

Method,

tax payers expense , the NHS does not fund the removal of gay demons.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

The beef of the case was this individual whom had sinisters motives, going to this therapist asking for help to cure him of his homosexuality. Claiming this was causing him stress and making him depressed. The Therapist offers him help, including christian treatmenst,

Clearly, if the dude was posses ed by a demon one would consider that a certain ammount of stress would be involved.

Indeed, the therapist should have no beef at all being an xtian she should be fully aware that if he's lying etc then then's he's under the influence of the enemy in one way or another and forgiven him.

In he position as an employee of the taxpayer it would have been her duty to persuade the governing body of medicine in the UK if she had evidence that homosexuality was an illness caused by demons. If she had done this and her allegations borne out then not doubt her employer would be duty bound to encourage to perform an exorcism .

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
what goes around certainly seems to becoming around for the xtians. After centuries of bigotry the tide surely seems to be turning and with some vengeance .

And you really think only Christianity will be JUDGED. DO YOU FEEL CHRISTIANITY IS THE ONLY RELIGION THAT HAS BEEN TAINTED AND NO OTHER?

LOL the LAMB is the ruller of the universe....

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

And you really think only Christianity will be JUDGED. DO YOU FEEL CHRISTIANITY IS THE ONLY RELIGION THAT HAS BEEN TAINTED AND NO OTHER?

has been Taint would imply a period without taint, are you implying it has somehow been without flaw ?

LOL the LAMB is the ruller of the universe....

LoL The cow flew over the moon.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If I go to a doctor and ask her to remove half my brain, and she complies, she has broken the law. At the very least, she will be struck off by any reputable medical association she is a member of.
Likewise for a doctor in Australia, and I assume in the rest of the civilised world,) who practices FGM.

If it's been found that trying to "straighten" gays harms them instead, then of course the therapeutic association concerned should strike off practitioners who engage in this form of "therapy".

Reputable professionals are generally members of reputable associations, and have to abide by a certain code of ethics in order to remain a member of these associations.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Your link to the Daily Mail article didn't work, so I found it for you.

Christian therapist who claims she can help gay men go straight faces being struck off

In tapes of her sessions with Mr Strudwick he asks her if she views homosexuality as ‘a mental illness, an addiction or an anti-religious phenomenon’.

She replies: ‘It is all of that.’

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

She said she wanted to help ­others who were in a ‘similar place’ to her 29-year-old son who, she insisted, was ‘heterosexual. He just has a homosexual problem’.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
‘[My son] is still gay... we are developing a relationship that was quite difficult for many years but is now coming back in a very nice way. I am confident he will come through this and he will resolve his issues and that he will change.’

I sympathise with her son. I wonder how confused she's managed to make him, bringing him up to believe homosexuality is: "a mental illness, an addiction (and) an anti-religious phenomenon".

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
I think you are missng the point. The lady is a trained Psycotherapist and is accredited as such under the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. This is a professional body who have strict guides as to what can be used.

You wouldn't expect to allow a psycotherapist to use witchcraft on a patient now would you?

It's very common to ask MH patients if they adhere to a particular faith and for the therapist to then incorporate teachings etc. etc. of that religion into the conversation/therapy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join