It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dear John Letter To A Love Of Over 30 Years[wrap]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Very brave, you are very brave. Thank you for writing this. It has given me strength.

In my prayers and the people in my prayer circle.

God Bless You and Keep You Always.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

You go Sugar Cookies.

I too was feeling bad for CF till the end, that dirty bastard.

I thought it was strange that someone would name a cat after an inhaler??

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by angelwrangler

Thank you so much for reading my story im glad it helped you and your prayer circle .. bless you

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

thank you for replying and i wanted to keep you guessing till the end

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
You are in my thoughts!

My wife has Multiple Sclerosis, while not as severe as CF, it certainly has been a battle for her as well.

And you had me going as well lol.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

Thank you so much for takeing the time to read the story I'm glad you enjoyed it..I think any time your battling a disease its a struggle there is alot of ups and downs..bless you and your wife

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Sugarcookie1!

Are you published?

If not, you must consider it.

I would have written earlier...but it just hit me to write you now.

And if you are published, I hope you are advertising on ATS!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

angelwrangler
I'm not published and wouldn't know how to even go about it..I don't think my story is good enough for something like that..read some of the other stories on here mine pales in comparison to some of there's but thank you for the thought~~sugar

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

An introvert artist, pointing at others work as better,...now I am sure you are a writer. That is the number one characteristic...insecurity of biblical proportions.

Consider a book about your experience with this, your journey with cf. Seriously I have never read anything more original.

They are many ways to approach publishing. Hay House has a self publishing arm, with many forms of assistance. Of course, it costs however you would not believe the success stories. But, maybe not! Consider representation...there is a website. But, no matter what, research and write.

Anywho that is up to you. I just have not read anything so refreshing, so not self pitying and yet evoking from the reader a sense of the difficulty of carrying with you something that the body is clearly telling you is foreign to its normal state.

Please immediately go to the Writer's Guild of America website and register this work. Its only $20.00 and it is very easy to do. You can do the mailing thing, but when push comes to shove the Writer's Guild will save you. My husband won a large arbitration case against a studio with them.

Keep me posted...you have a unique view sugarcookie1, surely you can see at least that much. I mean... naming your inhaler. Fabulous! Think about a children's book! How fun that you name your inhaler, you could partner with an artist and have your inhaler then the child could draw their inhaler as whatever? Or an inhaler puppet! Or just for adults, need I say more...

You will know what is best and I will not, this I can assure you. You are the artist.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Hello angelwrangler.I have to say you inspired me for sure I've always been somewhat insecure for alot of different reasons that i wont get into..In fact it took all i could do to push the new thread button to put the story into this forum because i felt people would think the story to be stupid and silly but i thought do it what do you have to lose..I will go to the Writer's Guild of America website and register the story..angelwrangler you had a genius idea about a children's book what a wonderful idea i never thought about that..Growing up everything i read on CF was downright scary and way over my head no kid would ever understand they were wrote for adults full of medical terms,Maybe i am an artist
Thank you for the inspiring words you put a huge smile on my face

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Thanks for a heart warming post. You seem to be very brave. So many of us have battles in our lives and you seem to handle your's better than a lot of us. I also know that when we look at the battles of others, sometimes it make's our own seem very small, as you just did my battles. May God bless you richly and I hope that you get a new body someday.
Seeashrink

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

Thank you so much for the warm words seeashrink,Im glad you enjyoed my story..I to look at others battles and say it make's mine seem very small compared to theres

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
We have posted on the same threads and I have noted your link at the bottom of your sig. I thought, I don't want to read someones rant to a husband or lover about why it didn't work out. Little did I know. You are an inspiration. Courage and insight. Thank you for your story.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Thank you for reading my story! And yes i did notice we have posted in the same threads and thank you so much for the warm words

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hey Cookie!! You are somtin' else!!! You got me on that Dear John letter!!!
You are a very brave and inspiring Lady!!!!
My wife suffered from a childhood debilitating disease that was a product of the 50's. Polio.
I had friend's that contracted that dreaded disease. They managed to overcome it in time.
My wife was in what they called an iron lung and was told she would never walk again. Wrong thing to say to her.She fought and beat it!!! People like you and her are the real hero's in this world!!!!
God bless you and keep you in his countenance!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hey Cookie!! You are somtin' else!!! You got me on that Dear John letter!!!
You are a very brave and inspiring Lady!!!!
My wife suffered from a childhood debilitating disease that was a product of the 50's. Polio.
I had friend's that contracted that dreaded disease. They managed to overcome it in time.
My wife was in what they called an iron lung and was told she would never walk again. Wrong thing to say to her.She fought and beat it!!! People like you and her are the real hero's in this world!!!!
God bless you and keep you in his countenance!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
this was b.s

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 43LEO729

Hi 43LEO729!
Thanks for the nice reply and the warm words.. and yes there is always hope sometimes we beat the odds like your wife did..Ive been fighting this for 38 years and i hope to for 38 more years..hugs to you my friend

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 43LEO729

I think you posted twice by accident..and thanks again

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigerwoodsondxm
this was b.s

If you find this kind of thread b.s. then go somewhere else, you heartless piece of crap!!
People like you with no compassion for the plight of there fellow man is what"s wrong with
this world.I hope that you will never have to endure a dibilitating disease. A weak person like
you would never have the character to live through it. You would probably take the easy way out.
Albeit you wouldn't have the guts to do it by your own hand! Your name is a giveaway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join