It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dear John Letter To A Love Of Over 30 Years[wrap]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Dear Cf,

I Don't Want To Be Blunt But You Need To Know. I Can't Keep Hiding This From You. It's Really Not Fair To You.So Here It Goes, I'm Tired Of Your Garbage.

I'm Always Having To Try And Keep Up With You And Your Games. You Prevent Me From Seeing People And Really Your Just Kind Of Controlling To Be Honest. Don't Forget The Psycho Schedules You Have Planned For Me.

You Can Be Nice Sometimes, I Mean You've Introduced Me To Some Pretty Amazing People And Some I Wanted To Rip Their Heads Off From Their Lunatic Ideas And You Taught Me Some Amazing Life Lessons. Most People Don't Figure Out Until They're Old.

Oh And The Sleeping Arrangement's.... Stop Keeping Me Up At Night! If You Haven't Noticed I Quite Enjoy My Sleep And When You Keep Me Up Or Abruptly Wake Me Up It Irritates The Heck Out Of Me. And I Can't Forget The Extremely Groggy Mornings From You Trying To ''suffocate'' Me At Night.

I'm Glad To See You Still Love Me After Over 30 Years Of Us But Really Here's The Thing. I Don't Like You, I Honestly Don't Think I Ever Have So I've Already Packed Your Bags. I Won't Be Home Today So Please Pick Them Up Soon, I Don't Want To Speak To You Or See You Again.

Your 'clever' Invention Prednisone Is In The Duffle Bag. It Does Work And Is Useful But When It Turns Into Cfrd It Just Becomes Too Much To Handle.

Your Fish Creon Is In A Bag Of Water, I'd Advise Getting Him Soon, He's Not Looking So Good. And Your Cat Albuterol Is Safe In His Crate And He's Staying There Because Every Time you Were Close He Tries To Give Me A Heart Attack I Swear. And Our Dog Tobi, I Love Him, Really I Do But I Think He Was Better Left An Idea.

I Mean Instead Of Making Me Feel Happy And Better I Feel Like I Was Hit By A Mac Truck. Again Goodbye And Don't Forget To Take That Atrocious Vest You Insist On Me Wearing..One Thing I never allowed you to take From Me Was Strength, Determination,compassion and Hope..

~~end

My Short Story About Living With Cystic Fibrosis A Life Long Battle... ~~sugar

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
If only it were that easy, eh? Very moving. Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

nothing is easy in life i learned that at an early age ..thank you for the reply

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I used to have an acquaintance named Kerry who had CF and I learned quite a bit about her medical issues and life from her. She was quite inspiring to me.

S&F

~Heff

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

thank you for the reply~Heff
And im sure she was

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tempesillest

sorry i cant make everyone happy thanks for the reply..

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
lol wow its late for me.. i had to read it a 2nd time. at first i was feeling sorry for CF and said to myself what a weird name for a cat. then i realised CF was cyctic fibrosis... i enjoyed the story.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

LOL strafgod
thats so funny i had giggle
thanks for the reply!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I didnt catch the CF until the end. I also have mild case of CF your story touched me. Hope you are doing well.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 00001

Im doing great! and thanks for the reply!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Very touching story. It makes me sad. Hope everything is going good for you. I know there is no cure yet but hopefully they will come up with something.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnieG

Thank you JohnieG

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Website

In case anyone is wondering what Cystic Fibrosis is here is some info for you.

What Is Cystic Fibrosis?

Cystic fibrosis is an inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system of about 30,000 children and adults in the United States (70,000 worldwide). A defective gene and its protein product cause the body to produce unusually thick, sticky mucus that:

clogs the lungs and leads to life-threatening lung infections; and
obstructs the pancreas and stops natural enzymes from helping the body break down and absorb food.
In the 1950s, few children with cystic fibrosis lived to attend elementary school. Today, advances in research and medical treatments have further enhanced and extended life for children and adults with CF. Many people with the disease can now expect to live into their 30s, 40s and beyond.

Symptoms of Cystic Fibrosis

People with CF can have a variety of symptoms, including:

very salty-tasting skin;
persistent coughing, at times with phlegm;
frequent lung infections;
wheezing or shortness of breath;
poor growth/weight gain in spite of a good appetite; and
frequent greasy, bulky stools or difficulty in bowel movements.
Statistics

About 1,000 new cases of cystic fibrosis are diagnosed each year.
More than 70% of patients are diagnosed by age two.
More than 45% of the CF patient population is age 18 or older.
The predicted median age of survival for a person with CF is in the mid-30s.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnieG

Thanks for posting this..when i wrote the story i didnt think about many not knowing what Cystic Fibrosis was and i should have explained ..your post says it all ..thanks again

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

You had me going there my friend, my blessings.

But I see your point, I live with a bullet in my spine.
Dear Bullet: Pack your Sh!t n get out==========>

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

Thank You Tribble
for the reply.I wish we could just pack there bags life would so much easyer
I hope your doing well and a hug for you my friend..

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
S&F, impressive piece of writing Sugarcookie and as brave as I've come to expect from you mate, keep up the good fight, I don't want to take this political but I hope your care package is sorted out and that stem cell research cures you.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Thank you so much for the warm words..also stem cell research would be amazeing for a cure and i hope they look into that if not for me for others who are suffering there is always Hope!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tempesillest

Excuse?

You find her soul wrenching excavation about living with cystic fibrosis annoying?

Get off the thread and commence immediately to look around and find out where it is you misplaced your heart.

Once found, then and only then, get back to us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join