It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing and scary photographs of Saint Anthony's Day festival in Spain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

To the sound of drums and bagpipes, horses leap through flames. But what appears to be a scene from a film about the apocalypse is actually an annual tradition in the small Spanish village of San Bartolome de los Pinares.

I imagine that this must be pretty terrifying for the horses involved, but the locals insist that neither the people or the horses are hurt at all (although I wouldn't rule out some severe psychological damage from being forced to run through flames)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7e8c057dfe6.jpg[/atsimg]

link to more images
edit on 18-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
im sorry but that is horrible. i really think that the human race is crap. i really wish animals could think like we do and force us to do stupid # like we do them. if you go to the link and look at 90% of the horse's faces they do not look happy. and yes animals show emotions for all you asshats out there!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris811

oh and the other 10% of horses are prolly in the whathehellisgoingon stage that they've no clue whats going on to make a face

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris811

Yes the horses do certainly seem to be terrified, it makes me wonder what sort of training they put them through in order to get them to do it

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
figure in the picture above, he's a good what, 6 maybe 7 feet ABOVE the flames and fire and he is "flinching" yet the horse is mere few inches and a foot or two away from it, that horse has waaaaaaaaaaaay bigger balls then that cool guy on his back
wish i could use the words that i type then realize that it comes up as # lol

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
That is just horrible man.... :shk:

Why didn't the guys just stand there and compare their manhood instead?
edit on 18/1/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Well this is from the same country that stabs bulls with pointy sticks for entertainment

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Very true mate....

Oh well.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
If the positions of the men's balls and the horse's balls could be magically exchanged, I wonder how many of these "men" would be forcing their terrified horses to ride through the flames.

top topics

join