It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Black Helicopters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
God

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I've finally gotten the chance to see these famous black helicopters I've heard so much about here. Three of them flew right over my house about 30 seconds ago. They were flying in a V formation, kinda low (I think). Scared the crap out of me for some reason.
I've never seen any in my entire life. Wish I could have gotten to my camera phone in time.

What are these scary looking things used for??? Do you think something might be "up"?

I have to go out now for a couple of hours... I'll be watching the skies however for more.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by God]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The silent,unmarked black helicopters you mean??

If the helicopters you saw don't match what i said above, then you haven't seen the infamous ones

God

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well the first one was definitely NOT silent... that's what caused me to have a look out the window. And I think I clearly saw some white markings on it. I saw this one coming from a mile away. As I was watching that one come towards my house. I must have blinked or some something because the other two just seemed to appear out of thin air. These two were black, no markings that I saw. They joined with the other and I lost sight of them as they flew over.

I couldn't tell if the other two were silent or not being that the first one with the markings was making a lot of noise. It didn't sound like 3 helicopters to me, however.... usually my windows shake when there's more than one regular helicopter flying around the vicinity where I live.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
What Helicopters are these?? I'm gonna sound overlydumb now but didnt actually know silent helicopters actually existed, go on.. mock me you know you wanna

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Silent helicopters are not actually possible, unless parked on the ground with their engines switched off.

The niose made by a helicopter that is most noticeable is the sound made by the rotor blades beating the air, as this is how they fly silence is not possible, though the noise footprint can be reduced by careful profiling of the blades. Any claims to silence are rubbish.

God

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I asked my mother if she saw the black helicopters... (she was out side having a garage sale with my uncle) she told me yes. I asked her if she saw all three... she said she only saw one and was surprised that there were three of them. *shrugs*

I dunno, maybe these wern't the famous black helicopters and they were some regular military type. I read that they are usually seen at night...sometimes when there was a ufo sighting. I saw these in broad daylight.
Most likely millitary. (?) I'm still curious to know why they were flying around my area.

Any way I could find out if they were millitary? I doubt there is a number I could call inquiring about suspicious black helicopters.
Or maybe there is?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Silent helicopters are not actually possible, unless parked on the ground with their engines switched off.

The niose made by a helicopter that is most noticeable is the sound made by the rotor blades beating the air, as this is how they fly silence is not possible, though the noise footprint can be reduced by careful profiling of the blades. Any claims to silence are rubbish.

Can't you make them almost silent with white noise?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The only way you can make a helicopter not totally silent but like a humming sound is by lowering the rotation rate of the props helicopter make noise as the props approach the speed of sound but by lowering the rate of the spinning the sound gets lower.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
The only way you can make a helicopter not totally silent but like a humming sound is by lowering the rotation rate of the props helicopter make noise as the props approach the speed of sound but by lowering the rate of the spinning the sound gets lower.

Yeah, I remember reading somewhere that the Thwacking noise was the tips of the blades breaking the sound barrier. I do recall seeing a video that was from a government contractor, someone like GE or General Dynamics, that showed a dog sleeping on a porch and a chopper landed behind it and took back off while the dog never woke up. Then the add said something about, �yes, we do make them this quite�, and the dog woke when a bird landed behind him on the porch. I always figured they used white noise generators to silence the engine noise since there was some kind of globe over the blades on the chopper. The chopper I believe was a bell jet ranger.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
defcon5

they do, i remember watching the discovery channel years ago about such helicopters and showed some hovering above trees making no sound, the tail rotor is designed different too, even showed one on a base just sitting quiet waiting to take off.

[edit on 11-7-2004 by namehere]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Heres a pic of a helicopter that use the same principles as talked about by Westpoint. Its named the A-160 Hummingbird its a UAV it has a sound unlike that of most helicopters its really is more of a humming noise good choice in the name for it.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Looks Slick, I take it this is a remote control version, or the pilots are flying using the force.....

Wouldn�t lowering the rotor speed drastically decrease overall speed though?

E_T

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
www.globalsecurity.org...

Quite nice range.
The A-160 Hummingbird is a DARPA project to produce an unmanned helicopter that can fly 2,500 nautical miles over 40 hours and carry 300 pounds of air-to-ground missiles.

The demonstrator, which was given the name "Hummingbird", will have a top speed of 260 KPH (160 MPH), 24 to 36 hours endurance, 5,500 kilometer (3,450 mile) range, and a flight ceiling of 9,150 meters (30,000 feet).

I found this when seaching data about A-160, very nice pdf.
www.darpa.mil...

d1k

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
The silent,unmarked black helicopters you mean??

If the helicopters you saw don't match what i said above, then you haven't seen the infamous ones

I've never heard of them being silent before...

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Yeah, I remember reading somewhere that the Thwacking noise was the tips of the blades breaking the sound barrier. I do recall seeing a video that was from a government contractor, someone like GE

Alot of a chopters noise is made by the interaction of the tailrotor and the main blades. Thats why ones that have the NOTAR system are not as noisy. Whay I find facinating about them is that they all use naval terms. We use a BK117 for medical transports and they use terms like "ship" to describe it, port and starboard aft etc.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Looks Slick, I take it this is a remote control version, or the pilots are flying using the force.....

Wouldn�t lowering the rotor speed drastically decrease overall speed though?

This I believe can be programmed to fly a preset route and land on its own and take of all without human control also it might affect the speed of big choppers but for the hummingbird its small and light it doesn't really affect its speed.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
hmmmm.... what is "black helicopters" ?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Why do "black" helicopters have any different meaning then say a white one with a blue stripe? There are many different colors out there. Maybe they say: We are a secret so we must have black helicopters so everyone knows we are a secret organization. Black, blue, yellow, roygbiv, etc. heli's makes no difference.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Those those are just regular helicopters... painted in black?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
In theory, I guess it could be possible to make a helicopter silent by using anti-noice (ie. soundwaves that are the opposite of the ones emitted by the helicopter).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join