It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama bowing to the Chinese President

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by staciebee
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Bowing is customary in China. It is the proper greeting. Besides, we are indebted to that country, for the own our debts. I appreciate the display of respect. Would you rather he flip him the bird and pull out an automatic weapon? NO! Obama is showing respect and hoping to keep the peace. China has the world's largest Army. They could really do damage if we ticked them off.

Pacifist, weakness, we might as well all bow down to China then? I would rather him do what every American President does... and that is not bow! Research it, understand what presidents have done in the past, WE don't bow to no one.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

No offense...but what decade did you time-travel from? America is not the same grand standing country it once was, it's crippled in debt, if not entirely broken. I appreciate the humble approach over the greater-than-thou approach, myself. Honor and dignity comes from seeing yourself as less than, not more than...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

We're no longer the super power we once were to have such arrogance in the mordern world. Especially when we are basically owned by others countries who own our debt.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Bowing is a sign of respect, not weakness. Don't know what the big deal is:/
edit on 17-1-2011 by PinkAndBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

When in China, I would definitely respect their customs.

Come to think of it...does America have any customs anymore??

As much as I appreciate your bravado, it will not change my personal view of things.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

always about americana innit? why are you so annoyed at this ?
the amount of biased stuff in favour of americana on this site is ridiculous,u should feel ashamed at feeling ashamed.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
factsanddetails.com...

This is a link that explains bowing in China to any willfully ignorant Americans that just want to bash Obama any chance they get. I'm ashamed at all of the people on here that say "He should'nt be doing that because Americans don't bow to nobody". As if we are the only people that matterr in the world.Forget the politicians. They're nothing but a dog and pony show anyways.
edit on 17-1-2011 by ghostsoldier78 because: bad spelling

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Actually, Obama has been respectful and quite courteous of global leaders. After all, one nation cannot be a nation without other nations working together. Obama knows his place very well.

Yeah ok........

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a7be6d58a861.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The last few of some of your posts, from different people have been.......... well hey were not the best anymore so we should just give up, let in, and forget everything we are.

The indifference of good men is the cause of this county's fall, and all of your comments is a compliment to those who have given up, and let it.

Cheers, for being part of the problem and not the solution.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

hahaha this is funny WE dont have to bow to no one hahahah
what a joke. you think you are superior to everyone else do you? sort of explains why you are not a 'super' power
the whole idea of super powers is funny to me,all it really does is trick that countries people into thinking they are ahead of everyone else, theyre the first to know theyre the 'best' and the last to know theyre the 'worst'!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

reply to post by 11PB11

When in China, I would definitely respect their customs.

He is in the US......

President Hu Jintao's visit to Washington

The rhetoric in advance of Chinese President Hu Jintao's visit to Washington that begins Tuesday sounds like an endless loop of the Communist Party's favorite buzzwords: Stability. Harmony. Cooperation.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by antar

Wyn Hawks
Bush senior had a stomach flu and threw-up on the Japanese Prime minister.

...oh, okay, japan not china - whatever... he still blew chunks in public...

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Obama has not such excuse.

...sure he does... he's got all them strings up his wahzoo... thats gotta make a man jerky / jittery...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest
reply to post by 11PB11

hahaha this is funny WE dont have to bow to no one hahahah
what a joke. you think you are superior to everyone else do you? sort of explains why you are not a 'super' power
the whole idea of super powers is funny to me,all it really does is trick that countries people into thinking they are ahead of everyone else, theyre the first to know theyre the 'best' and the last to know theyre the 'worst'!

Oh gee, what? America is not a super power? Wow would someone tell everyone in the world, this will make headlines! Try to add to the topic instead of sounding like a ignorant foreigner.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

First of all, do not belittle me by referring to me as babe...my name is Stacie, and if you must address me personally, please do so with more respect. Secondly, our country is in the shape it is in because we get involved in needless wars and spend tons of money we don't have to keep the blood flowing in other countries. We also, the American public have extremely poor spending vs. Saving habits and used our credit cards like monopoly game money, spending like crazy and then not taking care of the tabs. Not to mention "saving a few bucks" and sending good jobs over seas.

Force will never work (aka war) and we are crumbling due to it! So I guess my question to you would be, how would you like our highest representative to great the Chinese leader? Or would you rather their be no relationship building? If that is the case, dig your grave already, because the country will call in their debts and when we can't pay them in money/gold, we will probably be paying in blood.

My hope is that Obama will maintain the civility.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11PB11
reply to post by staciebee

Sorry babe, America didn't become the best country to ever exist in humankind's history by doing things your way.

It became great because those before us understood what it meant to be an American and what it meant for the rest of the world to have a shining beacon to count on and look up to.

America is falling apart because of what people think America should be, don't know if you've noticed, but we've been in decline for a while now and it's because of liberalism and weak presidents. Obama tops it, and its insulting and infuriating to have this spook as a prez.

But hey, if you want further decline lets keep on this path.

See me trollin....

The forums....

OK, I'll throw you some troll food cuz I'm bored. First off, have you ever even lived in another country? Do you have anything to compare it to? Or are you just saying America is the greatest because thats what you've been TOLD your whole life? And you're saying Americans are the greatest culture in history? LOL! And for the record the President is nothing but a figurehead. A puppet. A distraction from the real owners of this country. The Banksters and the Corporations have led America on the path she is now on. Way to deny ignorance there buddy.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Theodore Roosevelt said it best, "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

An objective look (personally I care little for President Obama and his policies) would suggest what many members have already pointed to; the fact that he is showing respect to another head of state, regardless of any inferences you care to make.

Slayer69, your photos are misleading. As the leader of the free world, your actions should not be held in comparison to anyone elses. I think that it shows a willingness to work together, that is all.

If you don't think President Obama was stongly advised on how to greet this man, you are simply ignoring the facts.

SlyF

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier78

see bowing, touching, and shaking hands section, the POUTS blew it, and just for the record i am not being rude crude or being a smart @$$, just pointing out the facts as i see them. now if he did it the way it should be done then he would have shown them that we are strong and well mannered, as to there customs and greetings, shake hand look in eye is one, bow with fist in palm is an other. Too know one; is Too under stand one.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

No matter where the meeting occured...custom is custom. This is pointless, there are two sides of this fence and no convincing either side to cross it. Pōtātō...pōtátō.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

reply to post by 11PB11

First of all, do not belittle me by referring to me as babe...my name is Stacie, and if you must address me personally, please do so with more respect. Secondly, our country is in the shape it is in because we get involved in needless wars and spend tons of money we don't have to keep the blood flowing in other countries. We also, the American public have extremely poor spending vs. Saving habits and used our credit cards like monopoly game money, spending like crazy and then not taking care of the tabs. Not to mention "saving a few bucks" and sending good jobs over seas.

Force will never work (aka war) and we are crumbling due to it! So I guess my question to you would be, how would you like our highest representative to great the Chinese leader? Or would you rather their be no relationship building? If that is the case, dig your grave already, because the country will call in their debts and when we can't pay them in money/gold, we will probably be paying in blood.

My hope is that Obama will maintain the civility.

No prob stacie. First we're not crumbling due to wars.... show me proof that's why and i'll believe you. Second, i'm not sure if you realize but the idea of "credit" is what helped bring our economy skyrocket compared to other countries. Yeah, Americans spend too much, but thats not the problem. Third, your right on the overseas jobs.

I want our president to act like a president first off. I want him to not bow, our past presidents did not, why does he? Japan was embarrassed at him for doing it, that's one of many countries that were. You have to research it, American presidents don't bow, because of what America is.(just research the history and the reasons). You don't need to bow to build relationships, that much is obvious because we never have before. China will not call the debts, they rely on it too much, no offense, but a little research on that topic and you'll know what I mean and why they won't. I respect your opinion, but it's not that path that made this country great. It's that path that is crumbling it now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join