It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was I spooked last night?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If you have the feeling that you are not alone, you could try 2 simple things
1.A dictaphone recording at half speed (long play) may pick up unusual sounds or voices, this can also be used at night while asleep.
2.Camcorder facing a mirror so you can record a the mirror's image of the room, this may record anyone scrying on you among other things.
There are tons of things you can do! but these are cheap and easy. But first ask yourself, Do i really want to know? because you must be able to handle it if you do get a recording on tape or an image on film.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Abductee001

Uh.. no!
What the hell man I'm trying to mellow out and get a grip not discover crazy %#@% happening while I sleep.
Are you nuts?
There is no way I'm actively going to peruse that the way you say because on the off chance I do get something 1. It will be creepy as hell no doubt, whispering voices moaning and crap.
2. I would never be able to live a normal life again without always wondering if said BS was happening around me when I'm alone.
So while I like the fact you offered a solution, I'm afraid im going to have to say no thanks.

I have an over active imagination and I think and I have enough ghosts haunting me with that.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
sorry!
I'd suggest you keep very active during the day and always go to bed with a hot drink of milk or similar, that should help you sleep.
Just keep away from the more spooky stuff on this website! Your dog (and husband ) will always protect you. Remember things that are not physical can't hurt you

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Well I'm a pretty busy guy. Im semi retired so I have a lot of free time to do all kinds of things. Like I said I don't feel this way often, and like right now for example Im sitting in the pitch black and ok.. wow what a coincidence I just now heard something bump the wall WTF.........Ok so that was perfect timing with this sentence wow.

Anyway I don't feel too creeped out about it, those feelings rarely occur.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm not a Scientist. I have always been curious about the size of our brains. In nature it seems that nothing is made three times bigger and stronger than it needs to be. Why is so much of our brains unused? I believe we are taught from a young age to ignore our spirit side of our brains. I think it is awakening in some of us. I think we are being made more aware...or It could be that joint I just smoked..

Just be glad you do not have to migrate.

reply to post by snowen20

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This reminds me of when I was having dreams for 3 days about the moon

First dream : the Moon was red..(yep normal) and then the sky turned red... I woke up slightly worried tbh.
Second: the Moon was HUGE, like it was pulsating and close to the earth, everyone around me could see (in the dream ofc).
Thirdly: The moon just fell apart and it was falling all around me - which instantly woke me up, I was restless for days after that..I was worried constantly like SOMETHING was/had happened.

I have also had many restless nights where I felt like I was being watched, couldn't sleep or anything.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This is freaking me out a little. First of all, I am skeptic in this subject but I watch every ghost hunter episode on cable.
Last night I went to bed after a hard night on ATS. It was 1 oclock am. I had serious anxiety for some reason and check on the kids numerous times. It is cold here so we shut off the upstairs and put the kids bed in our bedroom to save on the electric bill.
While tossing and turning in bed, I was extremely tired but could not get to sleep. I felt like something was watching me or something. I was to a point where I was almost asleep. Something friggin rubbed against my left cheek. Like the cats tail or a light feather, it could even be described as the cob web feeling a little.
I imediately sat up and said, what the h--l, my girlfriend woke up a little and I told her. She was pretty much asleep and didn't reallly respond.
The cat was in the back room pestering the dog a little. I could hear him growling at the cat. At least I hope it was the cat. This totally freaked me out. I have never felt this in my life. I sleep with a fan on even though it is winter, it makes me sleep better. I hope this was the fan, but I have never felt this before and I even tried to see if the fan could have done this.
Anyways my girlfriend thinks that this old house has a ghost. I do not know, but there is my freaky story from last night. I am going to stop now because I do not want to derail your thread.

I got goose bumps all over man. Freaky stuff to me.
edit on 18-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Nigth and dont let the boogieman or goatsuckers get ya! MUAHAHA!

Not to worry... I held a seance to tell them you needed them.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage

Originally posted by new_here

Originally posted by Greensage
You live in the Gobi Desert? Are you aware of the Magnetic poles shifting towards Russia? This could potentially mean that when the poles finally settle in, the plates could slip to catch up, and the Gobi could be pulled northward as the planet tries to realign itself.

Greensage... umm, she's already creeped out, dear. Not sure this will help her sleep...

It is kind-of funny if you think about someone turning to ATS for that "rest assured" feeling! LOL

Ya got THAT right... lol!
Everybody still present and accounted for? Any hauntings I need to be made aware of?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abductee001
If you have the feeling that you are not alone, you could try 2 simple things
1.A dictaphone recording at half speed (long play) may pick up unusual sounds or voices, this can also be used at night while asleep.
2.Camcorder facing a mirror so you can record a the mirror's image of the room, this may record anyone scrying on you among other things.
There are tons of things you can do! but these are cheap and easy. But first ask yourself, Do i really want to know? because you must be able to handle it if you do get a recording on tape or an image on film.

I am one who probably does NOT want to know.
But those are two great ideas for the brave souls posting on this thread!
Definitely not for the faint at heart... LOL!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20

Well I'm a pretty busy guy. Im semi retired so I have a lot of free time to do all kinds of things. Like I said I don't feel this way often, and like right now for example Im sitting in the pitch black and ok.. wow what a coincidence I just now heard something bump the wall WTF.........Ok so that was perfect timing with this sentence wow.

Anyway I don't feel too creeped out about it, those feelings rarely occur.

Yeah, last night I kept hearing a vibrational kind of humming noise. I couldn't track down the source. The dogs didn't react, so I just ignored it. Oh, and snowen, you might consider putting "I AM A GUY" on your avatar or signature, as the previous poster made the same mistake I did. Did you notice he/she/it (LOL- I don't want to mess up again) suggested you could sleep with your dogs and HUSBAND? LOL! I know, I know, your username is based off of your daughter's name or something, which is sweet, so don't take offense-- it's A-OK to stay in touch with your 'feminine side' until the spooks show up, that is!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Thats very possible, and in fact I considered that a possibility. Some of the feelings I had were similar to those I had when I was first diagnosed. But I wasn't in the military in 2001, as I was living overseas with my wife at the time and that's when I first had one of these feelings. A feeling of oppression and dread.

OK fair enough. Like I said, it was just a thought worth mentioning. Anyway, for what it is worth, I have had feelings of dread such as the ones you have described. Though usually they are tied into a scary movie I just watched or what have you.

But there have been a few times in my life, where for no reason, I am just spooked. A feeling that something is watching and out to get me.... I am not sure what triggered it... But yeah.

Anyway, for what that is worth.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I don't think that's derailing the thread, this was an open thread where anyone could answer my problem by explaining their own. That was freaky. I hate when that kind of thing happens, especially when you are in the heightened sense of awareness. The question is did you feel it even after you sat up in bed. Like you could feel physically where you had been touched.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Im not to worries about people mistaking me for female. I have been on ATS long enough that most know I'm a guy already. Besides, complete anonymity can work in your favor sometimes on here.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Im not trying to sound childish here, but honestly I would love to live in a haunted house. I want a real challenge in life. i want to be scared and I want to be pushed to my limits. And at the end of it all when I come my last days of life, I want to be able to say...I didn't budge, I didn't quit,..whatever it was didn't have what it takes to break me.

I know that in some ways sounds contrary to what I have written thus far, but remember, I ignore it, and I let it run its course like a bad poison. I'm given breaks between issues so to me that plenty of time to breath.

Uh.. no!
What the hell man I'm trying to mellow out and get a grip not discover crazy %#@% happening while I sleep.
Are you nuts?
There is no way I'm actively going to peruse that the way you say because on the off chance I do get something 1. It will be creepy as hell no doubt, whispering voices moaning and crap.
2. I would never be able to live a normal life again without always wondering if said BS was happening around me when I'm alone.
So while I like the fact you offered a solution, I'm afraid im going to have to say no thanks.

I have an over active imagination and I think and I have enough ghosts haunting me with that.

huh? changed your mind?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I just got home from work. ..Well to tell you the truth, it spooked me and I just focused on not focusing on it..lol if that makes any sense. I did look around and did not see anything, but as far as feeling anything, just freaked out. I like to think it was from being on here too much. But my girlfriend swears to everybody we have a ghost.
On a side note, my daughter is scared to be alone in the house, she needs us to turn the light on in the bathroom. My girlfriend asked her why is she scared and she told her she seen a shadow at the bottom of the stairs one day while she was playing upstairs. I have not asked her yet because i do not want her freaking out she is 4 years old.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Neoony

Thats the ticket!
TO me there is a big difference between plausible denial and knowing for sure. As long as I never openly search for it I have an edge. The moment I cross that line I become a bumbling coward not worth my weight.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I noticed kids hear and see stuff more than me. I personally don't want animals around me because of their ability to notice things. I had a dog once growling like crazy at the dark glass of french doors that went into another room. the room I was in was well lit so I couldn't see what it was growling at. IT wasn't the typical barking you get when it's someone the dog didn't know, it was a low guttural vicious growl, and I was helpless.

Sense then I don't keep animals with me, I doubt they could help anyway.
Then you have kids, who are just as alert as animals in their own way.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I think I know the feeling..like a soldier naked on the field except for the flimsy gear you are wearing..maybe
you are expecting something to happen in the back of your mind so you are on guard..a nice pet dog would
be nice to have around..a good one with a good disposition and keen sight and hearing. a pet can be good
for the soul and nice to have to in case something really does happen. gives you purpose and someone
besides yourself to take care of...someone or something counting on YOU as well as you counting on
them for support.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

On a side note, my daughter is scared to be alone in the house, she needs us to turn the light on in the bathroom. My girlfriend asked her why is she scared and she told her she seen a shadow at the bottom of the stairs one day while she was playing upstairs. I have not asked her yet because i do not want her freaking out she is 4 years old.

Oh geez, I was forever seeing shadowy things in the night as a child. I had my dad so convinced once he went all over the house with a gun... LOL! I spent half of my nights sandwiched between my mom and dad in bed. Which, come to think of it, kind of explains why I don't have any little brothers or sisters.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join