It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was I spooked last night?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It sounds like you are living in a haunted place. If that's the case the only thing you cold do is get out or have the premises exorcised. The easiest way to find out is to do a smudging with sage. If the overall perceptive mood of the home becomes noticeably lighter and you find that you no longer have those feelings, then it wasn't you, the home was haunted. A smudging will generally last for a month or two before the entity returns.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Originally posted by Advantage
I have 4 dogs and a big mean husband. You know the only ones who are on high alert like me re the little dogs! I have a 100 + lb American bulldog and she sleeps like a baby... the JRT wouldnt wake up if you slapped him and the 2 little hairless chinese crested useless idiot dogs are the only ones on alert.. and the husband has seen combat. You can drop a bomb on him and he will sleep through it. Im screwed when the boogieman comes to get me.

LOL! Advantage, what a hoot! I could just see the whole event... everybody in a comatose state except you and "2 little hairless chinese crested useless idiot dogs" fighting thru the night! I don't know when I've laughed so hard! Yes I do-- it was another post in this thread... what an awesome thread. Thanks for being a scaredy cat, Snowman...LOL. I'm actually going to sleep rather well tonight from all of this healthy laugh-out-loud humor. (My two dogs, on the other hand, may desert me tonight. My insane laughter is freaking them out. I can tell by their alarmed stares.)

Im glad my terror and pathetic defenses cause you happiness.

If you want to really understand how absurd it is.. look up pics of chinese crested hairless dogs..

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Im not trying to sound childish here, but honestly I would love to live in a haunted house. I want a real challenge in life. i want to be scared and I want to be pushed to my limits. And at the end of it all when I come my last days of life, I want to be able to say...I didn't budge, I didn't quit,..whatever it was didn't have what it takes to break me.

I know that in some ways sounds contrary to what I have written thus far, but remember, I ignore it, and I let it run its course like a bad poison. I'm given breaks between issues so to me that plenty of time to breath.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by Advantage

Actually that's why I got into body building to begin with. It was a way to work out my stress and a hobby that helped me forget some stuff I don't like thinking about.

While i was on the meds though, I was still active duty and every morning driving to PT I was in another world. I just acted like everything was a dream. I saw a giant man cross the road and almost wrecked my car. I also saw these weird bats and bones everywhere. It was nuts so I said screw this. Found something else instead.

Good grief Snow.. thats terrible. and here my husband and I thought that the shakes, diarrhea, nausea and not being able to stay awake being side effects were bad... Im glad you got off of the meds for sure.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

reply to post by new_here

Well my brother in law woke up here once and he said there was a man standing next to the bed. I called BS. Then my daughter started talking to a little girl that doesn't exist and she says that her eyes are missing and blood is coming out................WTF.......COME ON NOW.

I choose to belive ignorant is bliss at this point where that issue is concerned. I just assume Im stuck in a standing wave or something. Yuou really feel like something is literally standing right over you. looming.
I might add the only time I ever had such a violent dream as to wake neighbors and find that I was screaming in my sleep was here. and that happened twice. Both times it was the same type of dream one was while awake though. Someone standing over you trying to push me out of my body and take over.

Oh sheeet! Not laughing now... and it's way past my bedtime... and my husband's out of town... um, sweet dream, y'all. *calling dogs for guard duty*
'night, all!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

reply to post by EssenSieMich

Im not trying to sound childish here, but honestly I would love to live in a haunted house. I want a real challenge in life. i want to be scared and I want to be pushed to my limits. And at the end of it all when I come my last days of life, I want to be able to say...I didn't budge, I didn't quit,..whatever it was didn't have what it takes to break me.

I know that in some ways sounds contrary to what I have written thus far, but remember, I ignore it, and I let it run its course like a bad poison. I'm given breaks between issues so to me that plenty of time to breath.

We actually bought a 100 year old historic home with a history. I hate sounding like a nutcase, but when you live in a house like this.. you get real real good at ignoring things.
Im not typically scared of ghosts, I was born and raised in New Orleans and spooks are a way of life youre raised on.. but its another ball of wax **living** in a noisy house.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Yeah it was bad, I woke up one night and swore my sheet was attacking me trying to smother me. I tore it to shreds and my roommate at the time, was cowering in his corner of the room. LOL..

I remember him asking me What the #@#!@ are you on dude!?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

reply to post by new_here

Well my brother in law woke up here once and he said there was a man standing next to the bed. I called BS. Then my daughter started talking to a little girl that doesn't exist and she says that her eyes are missing and blood is coming out................WTF.......COME ON NOW.

I choose to belive ignorant is bliss at this point where that issue is concerned. I just assume Im stuck in a standing wave or something. Yuou really feel like something is literally standing right over you. looming.
I might add the only time I ever had such a violent dream as to wake neighbors and find that I was screaming in my sleep was here. and that happened twice. Both times it was the same type of dream one was while awake though. Someone standing over you trying to push me out of my body and take over.

Oh sheeet! Not laughing now... and it's way past my bedtime... and my husband's out of town... um, sweet dream, y'all. *calling dogs for guard duty*
'night, all!

Nigth and dont let the boogieman or goatsuckers get ya! MUAHAHA!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Hey I know all about that. I grew up in a house in Texas in this historical district. I still have nightmares to this day about that place and these weird rooms that were on the top floor. What a freak show that place was.

I mean I always have bad dreams about that place, it's horrible!. It was a beautiful house, just......off somehow.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Hey I know all about that. I grew up in a house in Texas in this historical district. I still have nightmares to this day about that place and these weird rooms that were on the top floor. What a freak show that place was.

I mean I always have bad dreams about that place, it's horrible!. It was a beautiful house, just......off somehow.

Yeah, my kids love the house because it makes them popular with the other kids. Hauntings are all the rage.
The problem is that I was stupid thinking that if they knew the history they would be comfortable with the house.. you know, knowledge is power. Not so with kids. Learned my lesson!
Its a beaituful 2.5 story double brick farm house.. in the middle of the city. Fantastic wood work and the works. 5 huge bedrooms.. and a bedroom for my teen with a balcony to the stairs.. little one but its neat looking. Unfortunately my teen sleeps on the living room couch half the time because of the spooks keeping her awake.. or her thinking everything is a spook. Either way .. she is sleeping on the couch tonight again.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
ack laptop battery running low. Talk to you later and I truly hope you have a better night tonight!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Im still trying to understand the primal fear associated with the unseen, but I haven't figured it out yet.
Im not saying I'm unaffected just tying to understand.

If it was something people could equate it too it isn't as frightening. A rat, a squirrel, even a pissed off badger it's like who cares, but when there is an unseen hand tapping on your leg suddenly fear is all you understand.
I want to rethink this and apply a different logic to it. This way I will simply assume that like all the afore mentioned animals, unseen forces are no less natural than anything else. We'll see how that works for me. lol

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Last night my little electric room heater that stood in the same spot without an inkling of tipping or moving for no less than a week, decided just to fall over when I was heading to bed. Didn't trip the cord or nothing wasn't walking heavy all I did was turn around and it went down BOOM!!!! Scared the bejeebus out of me!!!! No way should it have moved there was no reason for it too, and it was on!
Lucky I was still awake.
I also have had these same feelings you described in the OP. I had it for months straight during the February through July 2009.
edit on 18-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH SPELLING BLAST IT!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

It's those impossible or seemingly impossible actions that I think scare us so much. Whether it's a heater falling over on its own, or a bed frame jumping off the floor; the fact that it happens at all is beyond mere understanding. i think in that moment of confusion the chills come from not being able to put 2 and 2 together as is usually so easy for us as humans. But still why do we get spooked? Unless it's tied into the fact we are startled by the same incident.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Can I ask you a question? You have said that you have dealt with PTSD before. I don't know how that affected you before, but is it possible that this feeling of dread and fear and worry etc... Do you think it could be a bit of a relapse of the PTSD, if you will?

Just throwing an idea out there.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Maybe were just disgusted with this world we live in that is run by sick, twisted individuals with no morality who kidnap little children and force them into prostitution. Read about it here: www.franklinscandal.com... See it here www.youtube.com... I feel its related to this topic, because I feel I am losing sleep. Every day I uncover something new that makes me sick to my stomach
edit on 18-1-2011 by MrInsideTrack because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2011 by MrInsideTrack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I won't include my events here, but they led me to research and a lot is happening. Also I put this out in just titles and leave it up to yourself to research, I have to get to a hospital soon due to a failing step mom.

Many including myself are experiencing a change, or awakening and this is real. Also others, alien or alternate universe beings are involved, either in just spooky visions, voices or real manifestations. I have experienced some of these and grand kid was actually shoved around and injured by the real.

One, this solar system is becoming more energetic, heating up, vibrating at a higher frequency. The earth used to be at 37 hz and is now over a 100 hz all in about 15 years. Planets are getting brighter and poles melting on mars etc.

We are going through what is called fluff or a active plasma cloud which causes interaction between the sun and earth, again outcome here is not known yet, but is electrical.

Incoming cosmic energy is increasing due to the sun and our diminishing magnetosphere, thus more energy. frequency change.

CME's also enter into the picture and are not being held at bay due to the weakening magnetosphere. We are electrical beings and are effected as you know by many things. There is more, but you can see a trend.

Last is they know more of how the DNA works which is effected by all the above including light, and sound, it even emits it's own frequency. Take the frequency from a chicken, point that at a duck embryo and form a chicken. Again, know this changes all living things. Also as we, our system gets more energetic, the veil between this world and others thins which some call dimensions I suppose.

This brings me to what some are saying and that is we are making this change dimensionally along with the solar system and world, a universal consciousness. If this is so and I say if, so don't shoot me here. Then it would be more than likely incremental and not just happening in one grand moment, this what many are feeling and experiencing. I have read a great deal of folks not sleeping right, experiencing strange new things etc. Even last night one of my dreams was interrupted by an alien in the dream. She had large eyes and could see quite well in the dark and also had a great sense of humor and explained how at times she liked to look spooky and scar us humans but really did no harm and laughed about it. But again I view this as a dream, "I think anyhow".

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
You live in the Gobi Desert? Are you aware of the Magnetic poles shifting towards Russia? This could potentially mean that when the poles finally settle in, the plates could slip to catch up, and the Gobi could be pulled northward as the planet tries to realign itself.

Greensage... umm, she's already creeped out, dear. Not sure this will help her sleep...

It is kind-of funny if you think about someone turning to ATS for that "rest assured" feeling! LOL

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Thats very possible, and in fact I considered that a possibility. Some of the feelings I had were similar to those I had when I was first diagnosed. But I wasn't in the military in 2001, as I was living overseas with my wife at the time and that's when I first had one of these feelings. A feeling of oppression and dread.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sailormon

Thanks for the reply.
Ill be honest with you, I really don't know all that much about universal vibes.
I mean I have heard David Icke talk and stuff, but to be honest it sounds kind of unproven to me. Im not saying it doesn't happen or isn't real only that as of yet I haven't done enough research to make a determination. I'll look into it though definitely.

Sorry to hear about your step mother, I hope she gets better.

edit on 18-1-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join