It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why was I spooked last night?

page: 2
9
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I get something like being on heightened alert pretty often. No idea why really. Is that what you mean? WHere you are simply hyper alert of your surroundings and feeling the need to be alert for something bad or surprising?

I HATE it.. if you ever find a cure share it.




posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInsideTrack
 

I've been having really bizarre dreams. I need to write them down because they're rather dim when I wake up, then fade away completely within 5 or 10 minutes.

Oh, and snowen, I agree... don't sleep with the hamsters and fish. It'll only add to your woes! lol



posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
I get something like being on heightened alert pretty often. No idea why really. Is that what you mean? WHere you are simply hyper alert of your surroundings and feeling the need to be alert for something bad or surprising?

I HATE it.. if you ever find a cure share it.

I already said it... make the dog sleep in the bed with you! They have this lovely combination of complete loyalty, combined with a sense of danger. You get to sleep safe and sound knowing it's their pleasure to serve sentry duty!


Ummm... the only thing is, if they ever let out that weird, otherworldly, guttural growl... you may wet the bed.



posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here
 


Yeah about that bed frame. I don't know really know how something goes from lying flat on the ground to flipping over and landing again. Now bear in mind I did not see with my eyes the alleged levitation of said bed frame only that I responded to the noise it made upon its contact with the floor. I lifted my head stared intently into the dark corner where it was,,,,,,,,,then caught myself staring and realized I would be psychologically safer if I just closed my eyes and ignored it. So that's what I did all night long with a quivering lip.

That was a few months ago. Even then I didn't feel like I did last night though. Last night was so bad I along with hearing noises thought an earthquake trimmer was happening. It wasn't a trimmer it was my heart racing enough to shake the bed. I know some may say if your into body building I probably take a lot of caffeine type pills and or supplements. I don't. I did that stuff years ago when I first got into it but not any more aside from a cup of black coffee in the morning.



posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You should always trust your instincts. I you feel afraid there is probably a good reason for it. Countless people have become victims for simply not trusting their instincts. If nothing happens then fine, but you'll never know what could have happened. There could have been some psycho killer outside deciding which house to break into later in the week or a tiger creeping through the woods.



posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInsideTrack
 


That I can relate too. When these episodes occur I try not to visualize anything too exotic lest I exacerbate the problem.
But I do know my feelings were strange and they have some lingering effects even now. Everything has kind of a surreal quality to it. Probably a chemical imbalance or something.. I dont know.



posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Originally posted by Advantage
I get something like being on heightened alert pretty often. No idea why really. Is that what you mean? WHere you are simply hyper alert of your surroundings and feeling the need to be alert for something bad or surprising?

I HATE it.. if you ever find a cure share it.

I already said it... make the dog sleep in the bed with you! They have this lovely combination of complete loyalty, combined with a sense of danger. You get to sleep safe and sound knowing it's their pleasure to serve sentry duty!


Ummm... the only thing is, if they ever let out that weird, otherworldly, guttural growl... you may wet the bed.


I have 4 dogs and a big mean husband. You know the only ones who are on high alert like me re the little dogs! I have a 100 + lb American bulldog and she sleeps like a baby... the JRT wouldnt wake up if you slapped him and the 2 little hairless chinese crested useless idiot dogs are the only ones on alert.. and the husband has seen combat. You can drop a bomb on him and he will sleep through it. Im screwed when the boogieman comes to get me. LOL!



posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage
 


As a military veteran, I get that all the time, but I see it as markedly different than last nights scenario.
I dont think there is any cure other than medication I refuse to take. no what I mean?



posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by Advantage
 


As a military veteran, I get that all the time, but I see it as markedly different than last nights scenario.
I dont think there is any cure other than medication I refuse to take. no what I mean?


I sure do.
Im sure something like lunesta woudl work for me.... and you too.. but then Id probably rob banks in my sleep.



posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich
 


This is why I love denial bias. Because as long as I believe nothing really bad could happen and my instincts are utter BS.. I'll be safe..
Then I come to terms with reality and accept that I better get my head out of my @#@ or I might get pay for it.
your right my instincts have saved me on more than one occasion. It's just the dread you have is something that no one wants to acknowledge much less accept.



posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by new_here
 


Yeah about that bed frame. I don't know really know how something goes from lying flat on the ground to flipping over and landing again. Now bear in mind I did not see with my eyes the alleged levitation of said bed frame only that I responded to the noise it made upon its contact with the floor. I lifted my head stared intently into the dark corner where it was,,,,,,,,,then caught myself staring and realized I would be psychologically safer if I just closed my eyes and ignored it. So that's what I did all night long with a quivering lip.
I'm sorry, I'm so sorry but just... HAHAHAHA!!!! Oh, and I think you might should move. Either you've got a reeeally strong ghost hanging out, or your furniture's coming to life. Either way...

I know that doesn't help you sleep tonight. Actually, it doesn't help me either!



posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage
 


The only time I was ever on meds was in the army, and that was for some Post traumatic stress issues. The effects were not worth the fix.
I will never take meds again because of that. Even if they are relatively harmless. Perhaps Tylenol PM at the most but even that gives me this weird feeling like something wiggling in my arms and legs and abdomen. I'm medication sensitive I guess.



posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by EssenSieMich
 


This is why I love denial bias. Because as long as I believe nothing really bad could happen and my instincts are utter BS.. I'll be safe..
Then I come to terms with reality and accept that I better get my head out of my @#@ or I might get pay for it.
your right my instincts have saved me on more than one occasion. It's just the dread you have is something that no one wants to acknowledge much less accept.



Maybe you are either sensing the public's tension over whats happening.. or you are sensing a bad moon rising? I know people spoke about how they were nervous or sleepless before earthquakes, 9/11, and etc. I do believe its possible and Im not one to buy into the whole precognitive crowd's ideas.



posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here
 


Well my brother in law woke up here once and he said there was a man standing next to the bed. I called BS. Then my daughter started talking to a little girl that doesn't exist and she says that her eyes are missing and blood is coming out................WTF.......COME ON NOW.

I choose to belive ignorant is bliss at this point where that issue is concerned. I just assume Im stuck in a standing wave or something. Yuou really feel like something is literally standing right over you. looming.
I might add the only time I ever had such a violent dream as to wake neighbors and find that I was screaming in my sleep was here. and that happened twice. Both times it was the same type of dream one was while awake though. Someone standing over you trying to push me out of my body and take over.



posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
i had a sleep like this too, things zappiing into and out of focus,shadows, noises like someone in the backyard,when you turn the telly off or the computer u get those static zaps as if the tv was an old house creaking back to its normal shape from being stuck in the hot sun all day then night time its cold and yeah... ramble ramble.



posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by Advantage
 


The only time I was ever on meds was in the army, and that was for some Post traumatic stress issues. The effects were not worth the fix.
I will never take meds again because of that. Even if they are relatively harmless. Perhaps Tylenol PM at the most but even that gives me this weird feeling like something wiggling in my arms and legs and abdomen. I'm medication sensitive I guess.


My husband tried it because he had a few issues but also didnt like the side effects. I really cant blame you. Its hard enough to decide to take the crap, but then when you feel worse on it it really isnt even worth it. For a while he went NUTS working ot and lifting weights to "treat" himself. He ate bags of bread, boxes of cookies.. bulked up incredible hulk scary and then he got in control of his issues. I think it was maybe something to do with controlling the body helped him to control the mind. Cant hurt.. try it. Even if it doesnt cure you, youll get lots of available women., I had to beat them off of the husband with a stick!!



posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage
 


I think we are probably in the same camp. I also don't know too much about precognitive abilities per se.
But there are certainly a lot of convenient stories that show it may hold some water.



posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
I have 4 dogs and a big mean husband. You know the only ones who are on high alert like me re the little dogs! I have a 100 + lb American bulldog and she sleeps like a baby... the JRT wouldnt wake up if you slapped him and the 2 little hairless chinese crested useless idiot dogs are the only ones on alert.. and the husband has seen combat. You can drop a bomb on him and he will sleep through it. Im screwed when the boogieman comes to get me.


LOL! Advantage, what a hoot! I could just see the whole event... everybody in a comatose state except you and "2 little hairless chinese crested useless idiot dogs" fighting thru the night! I don't know when I've laughed so hard! Yes I do-- it was another post in this thread... what an awesome thread. Thanks for being a scaredy cat, Snowman...LOL. I'm actually going to sleep rather well tonight from all of this healthy laugh-out-loud humor. (My two dogs, on the other hand, may desert me tonight. My insane laughter is freaking them out. I can tell by their alarmed stares.)



posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage
 


Actually that's why I got into body building to begin with. It was a way to work out my stress and a hobby that helped me forget some stuff I don't like thinking about.

While i was on the meds though, I was still active duty and every morning driving to PT I was in another world. I just acted like everything was a dream. I saw a giant man cross the road and almost wrecked my car. I also saw these weird bats and bones everywhere. It was nuts so I said screw this. Found something else instead.



posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
double post.........yet again.
edit on 17-1-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
9
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join