It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was I spooked last night?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Has this ever happened to you?
Last night was one of those nights where I couldn’t get to sleep, and when I did I kept waking up to every little sound. I felt exposed and out in the open.
I don’t really know how to explain it, it’s not even like you feel observed, it’s more like you simply feel vulnerable and like I said, exposed.

I would hear a sound and my eyes would pop open and I would lay there perfectly still waiting for it to come again. “Maybe I’m paranoid” I think… But then if the wind blows or a tree rustles you get cold chills.

Now there are any number of reasons this could have happened I realize that. I also realize how irrational it is to be fearful over the unseen. So with that being said late me tell you what DID NOT go down.

I didn’t read any horror or suspense novels.
I didn’t watch any creepy movies.
I didn’t expose myself to any odd conspiracy theories about doom and gloom.
I didn’t take any medication.
I don’t do drugs.
I don’t drink.

I don’t have any mental health issues as my last two jobs required evaluations in that area, and I checked out normal. I am a health nut and amateur body builder, so I eat right and do my best to maintain the perfect balance of nutrition and chemicals within my body at all times, so I can’t see that it was a “Case of Bad Cheese”, as noted in the scrooge stories.

Honestly I don’t know what the issue was or is. Hell I suppose it could be anything like I said. I should note however that this only happens literally once in a great while. I’m pretty mellow by nature and most things don’t bother me. But last night I had this overwhelming sense of oppression coupled with a sense of exposure. Imagine if you will being dangled in the dark, It’s pitch black and you have this huge flashing light on you so that all potential predators can see you.
Or the way you may feel when you are in a house at night with the shades open and its dark outside and light inside.

But like I said it wasn’t so much the feeling of being watched as it was oppression and exposure.

Honestly the last time I felt like that was the day before 9/11, when it was so bad I called my dad who lived thousands of miles away to ask him if he was okay, or if something was wrong, because I felt like he may be in danger.... NO…..I am in no way saying that what I felt is prophetic in anyway, only making a statement. It was a weird feeling I didn’t like it and I hope it stays away.
In your mind you keep wondering, is it death? Or many people dying? Or what ,…what does it mean? But unfortunately I’m left with no answer.
Only that I live in the tropics, and I felt cold, exposed, oppressed, and wringing your hands worried. Gnashing your teeth worried. Anxiety attack maybe? I don’t know.

So can anyone help explain why I was spooked last night?

Thanks
snow

edit on 17-1-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Wow my internet is confusing me, apparently I opened two threads and I don't know how that happened. oops my...bad. Sometimes I'm double posting too and that's getting aggravating.
I guess my internet is too slow or something.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
You live in the Gobi Desert? Are you aware of the Magnetic poles shifting towards Russia? This could potentially mean that when the poles finally settle in, the plates could slip to catch up, and the Gobi could be pulled northward as the planet tries to realign itself. All supposition of course but it is a clear possibility the planet will stabilize accordingly.

I for one look forward to such an occurrence because I will end up around Acapulco. Either way I would suspect just having our poles misaligned even by Magnetics alone that there are very sensitive people out there. Maybe you cannot relax because your body does not feel like it is where it should be, meaning it is not actually home but in a strange location--based on the electromagnetic fields.

Can you remember if you have felt this way when you traveled?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

last night i woke up at 4:39 again (for the past week) and it was exactly that time. I was dreaming about a thing hovering over me like some sort of animal thing. Then felt a sharp pain but i never feel anything in dreams. But then i woke up and felt the same pain. I just kept waiting for something to happen...like you and you posted the same thing twice...im new to this site i think its called a string...i dont know

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Well, I don't really live in the Gobi desert. Southern Asian island archipelago. Gobi was a joke.
As far as feeling this way when I travel, no not really. Though when I was at home in America, I did feel this way on occasion. But those times are readily explainable, as I had been dealing with some stressful issues. At least that's going to be my rationalization of it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Disemboweled

I have been there more than once too.
Where I live I get a lot of mosquito's flying around at night so I use a fan to keep them off. I was bitten on the foot last night and it was itchy as hell. But I really didn't want to move because like I said I was spooked. It reminds me of when your a kid and you hide under your blanket and become really still. Like perhaps if you ignore the rampaging blood thirsty giant psychopath in your bedroom he'll just go away.

I really had to concentrate on not acting like a pansy when I went to bed last night. i had to turn off the lights in one room and walk through the dark to my bedroom. I actually considered leaving a light on for pete's sake! Come on!!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I have had that a few times in my life I think it means you either overextended your body to the point of being overtired or some other deres but I am just throwing in an assumption. As for my experience this happened right after Nory interviewed the supposed mouth piece of the Matryieau I think that's how it is spelled. I was thinking to my self what a load of hormdoggles *such an underused word these days. And I heard a bang on the front door went to look at what it was nothing, then a bang on the back door. I was thinking what the hell was that? Ran into my room grabbed my knife my go to weapon of choice. Then walked around the house seeing nothing, came back into the kitchen and these stupid frog pitchers had their eye's facing me, I jumped up on the counter turned their faces and passed out on the couch knife still on my chest. That would be my crazy moment that scarred the freaking peaches out of me. Never again will I trust Nory ever ever again. I blame you sir for that crazy night!
edit on 17-1-2011 by Golithion because: Quick typing skillz strikes again.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

It happens to me every once in a while. I'll lay there and hear the slightest noise, open my eyes, crane my neck to scan the room (knowing full well that the room is secure) and sometimes imagine I see movement. Eventually I wind up looking behind open doors (where nobody could fit) and losing several hours sleep. If it goes on long enough I start hearing really loud noises but when I mention it the next day nobody else in the house heard it.
I know it's ridiculous but sometimes the mind just kind of takes over and you're along for the ride.
I believe your senses increase during stress and even though you don't know it's happening you are basically a bundle of nerves.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

Yeah ............Uh What the hell man!
Well for me I have this problem when that happens. I was laying in my bedroom, which is pretty minimalist, and has a cement floor. Suddenly out of nowhere this piece of metal bed frame I have laying on the floor stands up and flips over making a huge crashing sound. I'm a bad ass............or so I think, so I was determined to pretend I didn't hear anything.

Of course on the inside, I was creeped to holy hell. Moreover forget getting up to take a whiz....yeah because I don't want to look in the mirror.
It is at these nights that I sleep with a machete next to me, WHY I ask WHY??

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Double post again! here we go another day in internet hell.
edit on 17-1-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

My thoughts exactly I woke up the next day wondering what the heck happened to spook me so bad. It was weird brotha and something that thankfully hasn't happened again. It was like a bad acid trip or something but I wouldn't touch that stuff. I have learned from experience when that happens just flip the tube and watch a funny flick and all is well. Just call me baby cause that is an experience I will not forgot. Granted, I tempted fate even more when I said I wanted to meet this crazy koolaid drinker. But from what I have read and heard I was not the only one that night to have strange occurrences. Granted again turning those annoying frogs (Which have always freaked me out) was a bit extreme, but it felt sane at the time.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Wow my internet is confusing me, apparently I opened two threads and I don't know how that happened. oops my...bad. Sometimes I'm double posting too and that's getting aggravating.
I guess my internet is too slow or something.

Well, there you have it! Your other self in an alternate universe is invading your space, toying with you night and day!
Sorry, just kidding... one night last week, I woke up every 1.5 hours, without exception, and almost to the minute! About a month ago, I'd been reading too much ATS threads on strange entities, and I can only HOPE my mind was playing tricks on me and creating a shadowing form in the corner of my room! I made both dogs get in bed with me, turned on the lamp, and said "Go away you creepy phantom of my imagination, which I hope you are, because if you're real, my dogs will tear you limb from translucent limb!" So if you have a pet, break your rules and make them get on the bed. They have a real 6th sense for danger, I'm convinced!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Exactly!
I was hearing small noises at first then later as I lay there in bed I heard three loud booms.. I was in the Army and I know it sounded like explosions. Not saying that's what it was but it sounded like such. No one knows what Im talking about though. Now I wonder if I really heard them at all.

I also wind up checking inside small closets, even pantries for gods sake! What kind of sudden paranoia is this? Makes me feel like a startled rat. Why am I suddenly attributing some pseudo-anthropomorphic quality to such things, or am I?..I don't know

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

I have two hamsters....and two fish. I doubt they will be useful in full on ectoplasmic combat.. Oh and I hate those hamsters.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
You live in the Gobi Desert? Are you aware of the Magnetic poles shifting towards Russia? This could potentially mean that when the poles finally settle in, the plates could slip to catch up, and the Gobi could be pulled northward as the planet tries to realign itself.

Greensage... umm, she's already creeped out, dear. Not sure this will help her sleep...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

You need to post a picture of these frogs. Im curious.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

For the record..I'm a dude. lol
I don't know if your post applied to me or not, but just so everyone knows.
haha
Some times my choice in pet throws people off. And the name which is my daughters name.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

When I get my camera fixed I will be sure to do so.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20

For the record..I'm a dude. lol
I don't know if your post applied to me or not, but just so everyone knows.
haha
Some times my choice in pet throws people off. And the name which is my daughters name.

OH, a thousand pardons, dear sir! No it wasn't the choice in pets, it was the snowy name for some reason, and your OP sounded like me and I'm a girl, so hey, I made you in my own image! But look, you simply must explain this:

Suddenly out of nowhere this piece of metal bed frame I have laying on the floor stands up and flips over making a huge crashing sound.

So, after I cracked up at reading that, I creeped out at your metal bed frame taking on a life of its own. I'd ditch that thing, man... definitely possessed!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Wow, I just came across your posting, and I almost jumped out of my seat. Last night I had strange nightmares. I can't remember the details, but I was woken up at around 3am, and I went to sleep earlier than usual. I felt completely panicked, and I had the feeling that I had been abducted by the government or aliens or something. First off, I dont even believe in aliens coming to Earth, and I'm not a UFO aficionado or anything like that. On Facebook, my friend posted that he had a strange dream and woke up in the middle of the night. He asked if anyone else had, as well. Several people then began to post that they went to sleep earlier than usual and were woken in the middle of the night feeling panicked, as if they had been abducted, and in some cases, they experienced generalized anxiety. Literally, a total of eight people posted on that. And these are just regular people on Facebook. Very strange indeed. Not sure what the hell it's all about, though

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join