It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officially Freaking Out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by officiallyfreakedout

Freak out if you want to but I don't recommend it. Welcome to ATS!

Oh and don't forget "disclosure". That's a big one. Here's one of my fave threads to get you started (in case you missed it)....

UFO DISCLOSURE Blocked by Government High Treason !

But I have so many favorite threads here. They pile up pretty quick. I just subscribe, it makes it simpler to keep track.

Well have fun and don't forget to laugh sometimes. We live in stressful times (when haven't we?) so a little humor goes a long way.

See ya around, maybe. There's so many members it makes me dizzy.

Toni
edit on 18-1-2011 by Antoniastar because: of editing.

edit on 18-1-2011 by Antoniastar because: uhm I linked to pg5 instead pg1, if you must know. lol

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
1. Buy food and water supplies
2. Buy a few guns in the following order of importance. 1. Main battle Rifle 2. Sidearm 3. Long gun
3. Train at the gun range (NO bench shooting)
4. Physical training at the gym. No point in being able to shoot a gun if you can't run down the block.
5. Invest in metals in the following order of importance. 1. Lead 2. Silver 3. Gold
6. Arguably the most important, Get to know your neighbors or whoever you plan on being with should the SHTF.
7. Continue to live a good peaceful life and keep up with the real news.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Wow - thank you everyone for all of your messages. I feel better already! I am a Catholic and from everything I've ever been taught these days were inevitable. I'm definitely taking my faith a little more seriously now! Faith does help calm my fears.

On a positive note... the more I read and learn the more aware I am of my life, my family and friends and what is truly important in my life. So for that I am grateful. I'm happy to be here and will read everything with an open mind and as one poster said with a grain of salt (and pepper) LOL

Thanks again - now..... let's go read some "doomsday" info!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by officiallyfreakedout
Hi all. I have been visiting this site for sometime just reading everyone else's posts and finally decided it's time to join. My question -- with all of the posts about polar shifts, dying animals, solar flares, HAARP, containment camps, asteroids etc... Really? I am officially freaking out here!!! Is there anything any of us can do or do I just prepare to meet my maker? This is VERY scary!

The main thing you can do is NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ.

There is plenty of BS floating around these boards. Many of things that come up time and time again have been completely debunked over and over. A good example was the FEMA death camps. It still comes up, and people still believe it, even though we spent about a month actually investigating it and finding it to be false.
People actually called companies, land owners, state officials and researched almost every aspect of it, and it was consistently found to be a hoax.

Use your common sense and use proper judgment. Consider who benefits from something and how. Consider the pros and cons of any scenario and establish for yourself how likely something is.

As for all the end of the world stuff, just consider how many Humans have lived and died, and then consider how likely or plausible it is that you should happen to be alive in the millisecond that it's actually going to happen. It would be like winning the lottery every week for a year. Is that likely to happen?

Since people could write we've had stories of the end of the world. There's something about the Human mind that requires us to fantasize about global destruction. We don't know why it is, but we love the drama and the sense of impending doom. Maybe it's the same thing that drives people to engage in extreme sports? Perhaps it reminds us that we are alive and are mortal?

Events happen that you have absolutely no control over. So know when it is unhealthy and affecting you negatively and remove yourself from it. Millions of people suffer from depression simply because they cannot break away from their feeling of hopelessness at what is happening in the world. But a hundred years ago you wouldn't know about any of it, you'd just have your life without the negativity of the world imposing. That's what many need to remember IMO.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Oh it's just another day,
It's just another day on Earth

Oh it's just another day,
Just another day,

Oh it's just another day on Earth

One day, we will put it all behind,
We'll say, that was just another time,
We'll say, that was just another day on Earth

We'll say, that was just another time,
One day, we will put it all behind,
We'll say, that was just another day on Earth

Just another day,
It's just another day,
Oh it's just another day on Earth

edit on 18-1-2011 by trika3000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Welcome to the board.

Now chill the hell out pal.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
yes it can be alarming and sometimes I`ll admit it i can be and others but with recent stuff it pays to be informed ,don`t live in ignorance and chill its discussion and a proces of knowledge verses elimination,and if you really want your mind skelped then ATS is awesome for some stuff.I hope info is not to alarmist ,and contributions are allways welcome and best not to have all the answers so someone can blast away

By the way I`m catholic as well and see significance everywhere.
edit on 18-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

I rarely ever post but have been reading posts on this site for about six years now. I think so far to date I may have posted twice.

The biggest thing I can say is don't be freaked out by anything that you read or see or hear here. Just play it smart, watch and be prepared. I have enjoyed using this site and three others as my main source of news. One of these days I will get around to actually posting to enough so I can post some of my full thoughts on here in regards to some of the current events.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
When you say "Officially Freaking Out", are you saying that in a way that denotes someone of an official status has so deemed you as "Freaking Out", or are you implying that your "freaking out" is the result of something someone in an official position helped you to define "freaking out"?

I know it seems similar, but since "freaking out" in the US could be perceived differently in various parts of the world, to what standard do you compare "freaking out" versus "officially freaking out"?

Nah! I'm just kidding, it will pass in a matter of time. What you read here will mess with your dreams, alter your perception of reality as you know it, or believed you once knew it to be.

By the way. . .keep and eye out for any white rabbits that seem to "act strange".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join