It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost no recoil Street Sweeper

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I want one of these sooo bad. I dont know what I would do with it. But it would be cool to say I have one!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Not into guns myself, but I think 2, one in each hand would be a lot better!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It looks like an American-180 designed by Dick Casull. For more info: world.guns.ru...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnieG

Thats a neat gun. I could go all Rambo with it!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
It looks like an American-180 designed by Dick Casull. For more info: world.guns.ru...
I concur.

Nahh, that's not a Street Sweeper. Now this IS a Street Sweeper...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

you're missing the point:
almost no recoil.

you cant fire two of those protecta at the same time

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Yes Rambo Style all the way!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Yes the body style and clip placement are very similar. I think only calibur and mag size are different and the speed also if i remember correctly that weapon had a lot of lift when fired with a good kick.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Although that is a good weapon I wouldnt mind having one for home security. lol My big thing is the round capacity with no kick. As you can see there is virtually no recoil whatsover on the street sweeper I posted. He was using it like a garden hose with little strain to maintain accuracy of the weapon.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Thank you and that is the reason I posted this weapon for almost no recoil.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnieG

The 180 fired 22LR and had several different size horizontal drum magazines. A special .22 rimfire derived from 22WMR was also offered. Maybe these folks have bought the rights and are back in business with a nearly identical weapon.
If you look, you'll also find youtube videos of ruger 10/22's converted to full auto.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Ill be sure to check that out thank you.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnieG

YES YES AND HELL YES

that is definitely what i need for those pesky's

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

i had on before they banned and went to a class. they suck to load and suck to unload, then reload...LOL

you wind them up like a windup toy, but if you just needed it for a drum roll..TAH DAH

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

See thats what im talking about! Somebody as fired up as me about this bad boy of a toy!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Yeah i was thinking the same thing about reloading i bet its a pain in the rear 1 hour to load 1 min to empty lol
Could you imagine being the one on the recieving end of this thing? Makes you wonder if you would get shredded to bits?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation

Originally posted by pteridine
I concur.

Nahh, that's not a Street Sweeper. Now this IS a Street Sweeper...

Technically, that's a Protecta. The original Street Sweeper model was not semi-auto.

JohnieG-
Yeah i was thinking the same thing about reloading i bet its a pain in the rear 1 hour to load 1 min to empty lol
Could you imagine being the one on the recieving end of this thing? Makes you wonder if you would get shredded to bits?

It's an automatic .22 rimfire. Not exactly the deadliest gun in the world unless you're damn close to an unarmored target

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Yeah its one of those spray and ask questions later type of weapons. Yes the 22 cal bullets are small and are quite accurate shot in a rifle but i would guess if you threw a thousand of them down range at someone it would hit its mark either way. It would be a great cover weapon provided you could carry the ammo. The magazine is probably pretty heavy when filled. Not a practical military weapon. But i bet its good for deer hunting! J/k

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnieG

Yeah its one of those spray and ask questions later type of weapons. Yes the 22 cal bullets are small and are quite accurate shot in a rifle but i would guess if you threw a thousand of them down range at someone it would hit its mark either way. It would be a great cover weapon provided you could carry the ammo. The magazine is probably pretty heavy when filled. Not a practical military weapon. But i bet its good for deer hunting! J/k

I don't see any practical application for this weapon.

The .22 rimfire is a small catridge that's really only good for shooting small animals like gophers or birds. I'm sure if you hit a larger animal, like a deer, 10+ times with this it might kill it, but you would have better luck killing it from lead poisoning from the bullet.

It's a small round, not a high-powered rifle round designed to kill game or humans. The fact that it's a rimfire coming out of an automatic rifle doesn't really help either...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Yeah no practical or tactical uses there. But fun none the less! I could kill alot of beer cans with it! But only after I drank them!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join