It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Mtl. Jewish community fears 'orchestrated' hate campaign."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I am very sad to say that three synagogues, a Jewish school and a daycare were vandalized over the weekend in Montreal Canada. I am very happy that no one was hurt and the damage does not appear to be that bad. I am ashamed that people still commit these types of acts no matter their purpose. Innocent people could have gotten hurt or killed.

ctv.ca

MONTREAL — Montreal's Jewish community fears it is being targeted in an orchestrated campaign of hatred. B'nai Brith's local chapter issued a press release Monday following weekend attacks against five institutions. Three synagogues, a Jewish school and a daycare had their windows smashed with rocks. "Following what appears to be an orchestrated campaign of anti-Semitic attacks, there is particular concern about the targeting of a school and daycare," the group said. Police suspect the attacks are related. They have no eyewitnesses but are hoping surveillance video might offer some clues. No arrests have been made. B'nai Brith says it's now time to review any past vandalism at Jewish institutions that may have been written off as isolated incidents; the organization says it looks like the community is being targeted. The group said this weekend's attacks brought back "painful memories" of the firebombing of the city's United Talmud Torah School. The school was torched just before Passover in 2004. Local men Sleiman El-Merhebi and Simon Zogheib were charged in the case, which made international headlines and drew donations to help rebuild the school's library.

These types of stories can cause many reactions. First off anger for anyone who would vandalize any property whether it be for run (usually drunken kids) or racially or religiously motivated. Secondly who would do this and what was their reason? Last but not least, who will be blamed for this?

This is where I am sure to receive some criticism.

Could this be another hoax by a small minority of the Jewish community to gather sympathy? I have no proof of this and I also do not claim this is the case. It is only a theory of mine.

There have been many hoaxed hate crimes recently around the world against all races and religions. I will provide some links. Please be aware that some of the links are somewhat questionable and I do not claim for them to be completely accurate, but they do seem legit to me.

List of Jewish hoaxed hate crimes.

List of hoaxed hate crimes from around the world.

Another hoaxed religious hate crime.

There are quite a few racially and religiously motivated hoaxed hate crimes in these links and I am sure that any member will be able to find more if they feel the need to.

I must ask the question if this was a hoax, what would be their purpose? Lately Canada has had a rise in anti-semitism due to Israeli actions all over the world. I find this to be unfair because the majority of Jewish people do not support or condone the harsh actions and intentions of the Israeli government. There is also a rise of anti-zionism in Canada. People need to learn the difference between zionism and Judaism. I have a feeling that this is a hoax to gather sympathy for the Jewish community and portray the illusion that there is crazy group of people out in Montreal performing hate crimes against Judaism. This hoax (if it is a hoax) would be produced by the zionists and not by anyone who practices Judaism because most people who practice organized religion have good intentions and mean well and want to get along with everyone else. I have a feeling that this is to slow down the criticism Israel has been receiving recently in the Canadian community. I find it odd that if this was a hoax that the culprits would hope for the general public to fall for it and fall in to their agenda. Hoax or not this is not good.

If there is a group of bigoted people roaming the streets of Montreal performing hate crimes such as these against the Jewish community or any other group of people then they need to be stopped and punished. This behavior cannot be tolerated no matter what your beliefs are. I am not religious but I respect others who practice their religion of choice. I am not an anti semite but I am well aware of a small minority of zionists who hide under the disguise of Judaism to carry out a psy op to help progress their agenda. I am not racist, I have friends of every race, and this label means nothing to me.

I guess my question is who did this, why, and who will be blamed?

Any thoughts?

+64 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
As I previously mentioned I am not religious and do not pay attention to race. But I have noticed a lot of vandalism against other places of worship and not much is ever said.

I would also like to provide a link that shows a chart of hate crimes percentages.

Hate crime chart.

Clearly it shows that the Jewish religion is the most attacked whether it is a real hate crime or a hoax. People need to learn how not to hate a whole group of people because of their race or religion due to something someone of a certain group has done. Many times these hate crimes are caused by parents or authority figures who spread their hate on to the more vulnerable individual.

I wonder what will come of this in the next few days.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

There seems to be alot of this happening in Canada towards their Jewish communities in more recent times.

Perhaps it's time to have round the clock security by guards ON FOOT with security dogs patrolling after hours; you should'nt have to but thats the way of the times whenever there is difficult economic times or when Israel hits those war drums.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

There seems to be alot of this happening in Canada towards their Jewish communities in more recent times. Perhaps it's time to have round the clock security by guards ON FOOT with security dogs patrolling after hours; you should'nt have to but thats the way of the times whenever there is difficult economic times or when Israel hits those war drums.

I thank you for your reply.

I certainly see your concern and you make a valid point. I am not sure if I completely agree though. There are also hate crimes among all other types of crime happening all the time and to patrol "Jewish" neighborhoods only would be a show of favoritism on behalf of law enforcement in my opinion. I think the law enforcers should definitely keep a heightened presence in this area for the next little while and make sure their presence is shown to deter any further attacks. I think all areas should be patrolled equally according to population and crime rate.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me in the least, and all you have to do is read some of the threads here in ATS to see exhibited the blind hatred for Jews/Israel.

Some will deflect and say "Israel Only," but that often a catch to conceal their true feelings.

But you know what?

They've been putting up with this crap for millennia.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The problem is, I could have my house vandalized and nobody would care. I have had my business vandalized and broken into countless times, but since I have no crutch, I get no sympathy.
Maybe i need to get me a label.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I thank you for the video.

This is another example of a selfish group or individual who will commit brazen acts to further their agenda whatever it may be. In this case I think she was just attention crazed, or was angry at all the anti Israel rhetoric at the time. In my opinion she tried to portray criticism of Israeli war crimes as anti-semitism. They are two completely different things.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

The problem is, I could have my house vandalized and nobody would care. I have had my business vandalized and broken into countless times, but since I have no crutch, I get no sympathy. Maybe i need to get me a label.

I could not have said it better myself if I tried

There are many incidents locally and abroad recently and in the past that are similar but were not against Jewish establishments and they barely made any splash in the news.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

It's time for Jewish communities to have their own law enforcement and I believe there is an organisation in the USA and Israel that trains their own dogs especially.

In Australia, all our Jewish schools and larger synagogues are patrolled day and night by armed guards who have all been through the IDF.

Toronto and Vancouver's Jewish communities need to look at this option.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Doesn't surprise me in the least, and all you have to do is read some of the threads here in ATS to see exhibited the blind hatred for Jews/Israel. Some will deflect and say "Israel Only," but that often a catch to conceal their true feelings. But you know what? They've been putting up with this crap for millennia.

I thank you for your input.

I agree with some of what you said. There is certainly a lot of anti Jews/Israel sentiment on ATS and out in the real world. But there is a difference between a Canadian Jew who contributes to the community and lives a welll to do life as opposed to an IDF soldier who bulldozes an Arab's home down while their possessions are still inside. This is where you must draw the line between Judaism/Israel, Judaism did not bulldoze that house, Israel did. Just like any race or religion you will have a few bad apples so it is not fair for Jews to be hated against due to actions of a few evil individuals in Israel and elsewhere around the world.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Oh noooooz Another Jewish/Christian/Muslim hate thread. Nothing here folks. Move along. No star, no flag but lots of :d n:

I respect your opinion, but this is clearly not a hate thread.

All I did was mention a theory of mine which was based on rather evident perspectives. I do not recall any of the other members posting any hateful comments so far either, it all seems rather civil to me.

I am sorry that you do not like this thread, and perhaps you should follow your own advice and "Move along."

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

It's time for Jewish communities to have their own law enforcement and I believe there is an organisation in the USA and Israel that trains their own dogs especially. In Australia, all our Jewish schools and larger synagogues are patrolled day and night by armed guards who have all been through the IDF. Toronto and Vancouver's Jewish communities need to look at this option.

That is an interesting idea.

Who would pay for these special law enforcement groups. Would you expect every citizen to pay for this with their tax dollars? Or would it be privatized? I am not sure if privatized law enforcement is allowed in Canada. Perhaps I am incorrect and someone can correct me.
edit on 17-1-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: grammar

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Yes, and maybe it is time for all of us to determine the religious leanings of anyone that commits a crime against another, so we can demonize their whole group. That makes the most sense, don't you think?
This whole premise, that certain groups need special protection is crap. The group that needs special protection are the people that commit no crimes and go and do the right thing day in and day out. They are victimized, robbed, beaten, and thrown out of their homes, but because they are not given "persecuted" status, no one cares.
You are asking for segregation, enforced by like-minded and narrow minded people.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

It's privatized and is paid for through Jewish organisations; if the Australian Jewish communities are allowed then so can the Canadian Jewish communities considering our laws are pretty much the same.

Remember; Canada, Australia and New Zealand come under British colony laws and rules

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I thank you for the answer to my question. But I assure you that Canada is no longer under British rule. We still praise the crown for cosmetic purposes but Canada completely under it's own rule since 1982 I believe. Sorry that was kind of off topic and I don't feel like looking up the whole thing right now. The whole commonwealth monarchy thing is a big farce in my opinion. I wish Canada would change our money to get the queen and those other clowns off our bills. I hope this post doesn't get removed for off topic

Regrettably it does not tell me if Canada is allowed to have it's own privatized police forces. I am aware of Federal (RCMP), Provincial (OPP is one example), municipal (Hamilton Police Service), we also have military police who work on military land and do liaison work with the other organizations I mentioned.. I do not think our constitution would allow any religious or racial group to have their own law enforcement force as it would probably cause conflicts of interests.

I will have to look into this myself and find out if this is allowed, but I highly doubt it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

They would come under the aupices of security like every other corporation or business that has their own security or employ them except in your case you'd use a security company that is Jewish owned whose security officers (or guards) are IDF trained.

By the way, your head of state is still Queen Elizabeth 2nd, and like Australia and New Zealand, Canada is not a republic.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

They would come under the aupices of security like every other corporation or business that has their own security or employ them except in your case you'd use a security company that is Jewish owned whose security officers (or guards) are IDF trained. By the way, your head of state is still Queen Elizabeth 2nd, and like Australia and New Zealand, Canada is not a republic.

That would never happen in Canada, we have many watchdogs that regulate law enforcement. Israeli terrorists would never be allowed. Stephen Harper is the Prime Minister of Canada who calls the shots. What does any of this have to do with the vandalism in Montreal?

I would imagine that the local police are on high alert and looking for who ever did this, and from the article there is some video footage that needs to be analyzed.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

To protect Jewish assets, you need Jewish security guards. It's as simple as that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join