It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Prosecutor Files Indictment in Killing of Lebanon's Ex-Premier Hariri

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

UN Prosecutor Files Indictment in Killing of Lebanon's Ex-Premier Hariri

www.bloomberg.com

“The indictment marks the beginning of the judicial phase,” according to a statement from Bellemare’s office. “The prosecutor and his team will continue to vigorously pursue his mandate with respect to both continued investigative activity and the prosecution of this case.”

As the tribunal prepared its indictment, tensions in Lebanon escalated on concern it may implicate Hezbollah. The divide deepened this month after members of the Shiite Muslim Hezbollah movement and its allies...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If the UN fingers Hezbollah, you can expect violence. Hezbollah is already waiting with trigger fingers 'at the ready' for the accused to be named.

If they don't finger Hezbollah, you can expect them to turn it into a political football anyway.

I would go as far as to say that the behavior of Hezbollah already is cause for guilt. Why would they be so nervous to begin with?

This is all politics in the end, and doesn't bode well for anyone.

www.bloomberg.com (visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2011/1/17 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

This is all politics in the end, and doesn't bode well for anyone.

Political football. First it was Syria's fault. Then after Syrian withdrawal and an infusion of U.S. cash, Hezbollah started looking guilty. And now someone in the UN is leaking info making Hariri's security chief responsible for the elder Hariri's death.

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation said in a report on Nov. 21 that Hezbollah and Wissam Hassan, the head of Lebanon’s police intelligence, were behind Hariri’s assassination. CBC said its report was based on interviews and documents obtained from UN investigators. Hassan, a close ally of Saad Hariri, was in charge of his father’s security at the time of the killing.

Hassan “has our full confidence,” Hariri said on Nov. 23.

All rather snarled with every party having some interest one way or another.

edit on 17-1-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I have also read information to the effect that Mossad was partly responsible, though in a muder there are no halfway responsibilities are there?
Like the man says, its gonna be hell to pay whoever is implicated.I would not be surprised when the civil war cranks up full force again.
In fact i believe that hezbollah, will attempt to have a coup when it happens.....

new topics

top topics

join