It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Elites hate white culture more than any other.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by squandered

I think you have a lot of things right in your post, except for the first statement.

Elites grew because of the prosperity created by establishing individual rights. When people can gain wealth for themselves, then they are willing to work a whole lot harder, and tend to be more inventive.

It is the establishment of representative government and market economies which made white culture successful.

In conformist societies, the elites have much more control, but those societies are never nearly as successful.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I find my countries people ultra-conformist. We are the way we are because we trust our government. Australia was set up by the UK without any underlying power base and after a lot of practice. They used white people, so the culture jumped onto the back of laws and things they already understood. There was a heavy police presence and strict laws because the earliest people were indentured convicts - slaves... It worked!

From the outside Australians may not look like conformists. I think that America / Canada are us more similar than we might like to admit, but America took in people who liked the class system and even Canada is much more preppy. America became the home of the worlds elite because that's where the corporations were centred.

Other conformists that spring to mind are obviously Asians and in particular the Japanese, (but Asians in general are conformist by nature). Japan has / had the powerful corporations. Wherever you find a strong worker base who tow the line and enough stability, you'll find large corporations.

With regards to this topic, I'll call elites 'corporate leaders'. (I'm only wary about back room deals by the power elite nowadays because of the profits made by bankers.. they are too big for any government).

The elites don't love white people, but they wouldn't exist without people who are willing to work hard and contribute without loosing their head. Times have changed and 3rd world countries employ people who were more often peasants in effort to be competitive, but they still play of the same (external) stability.

What we see now is the need to make white people poor, marginalised and ineffective and multiculturalised. The stability brought about by the 'rule of law', consumerism and capitalism created the elites - but now they want more than they deserve and don't want the same checks and balances that made their prosperity able to exist. I think that they are sure that nationalism, racism and blind competitive struggling will control the masses and further their power base. Thus they bite the hands that feed them.

I figure it's worth spelling out my understanding, though I think we agree.

I don't fully understand the desperation some people have in flaming Aussies calling us racist. The strange thing is that we aren't racist at all as all evidence proves, but we do speak our minds. Being outspoken might give fuel to equal opportunity advocates who only see black / white and look for things to complain about, but it's gone far beyond some nit-wit American who's slow to learn. We have endured what, $200 million spent of trolls, media companies and all sorts. I think that the impetus is simple. We are a small country and successful, so nationalist from other countries want to take what we have = divide and conquer through migration and dissemination of the prevailing culture. The elites in this case are high powered nationalists. There is a lot of misinformation going around. Friendly people are fighting civil because of obvious propaganda. I'm sure that my country will suffer more of this because the damaged countries that make the false accusations are damaged by strife caused by propaganda, formed at the top with an agenda. In some cases this sense of confusion is all they know, and even a matter of pride. The worlds educated and reasonable people are their enemy. Yes, that is like saying white people are the enemy to them. We are a very even-minded bunch.

I don't really think that the elites hate white people because in most cases we are pretty easy to placate and the same 'smarts' that allow elites to do as they please exist in white culture. Americans know that they depend on corporations for their prosperity and they fight for them with an eagerness. There is a very grey line between ordinary living standards, trusting your leaders, making the elites rich and being ripped off.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

For the past two centuries, the "overthrowing of elites" has seen white colonial powers, one after another, thrown down. Liberty for the masses has been wrested from the hands of the British, the French, the Spanish, the Americans, the Portuguese, the Dutch, the Italians, and the Germans, all of whom refused it.

As if no whites ever supported the ending of Colonial powers. As if there have not been many battles fought within European states to establish and maintain liberty. As if labor unions haven't fought the powers that be on numerous occasions for worker's rights. As if white people in American didn't support the Civil Rights Movement, and oppose the Vietnam war. You will have to do better than this false claim.

You were claiming that "fighting for liberty" is an exclusively white thing. This is obviously false. I countered by pointing out that for most of the last two centuries, the "fight for liberty" has primarily been nonwhites seeking liberty from the tyranny of European powers.

I did not say it was exclusive - that sort of thing is your department, not mine.

Did whites support the ending of colonial power? Yeah, but not nearly enough to actually accomplish anything. No European power relinquished any colonies until those colonies just became too expensive, either in terms of money or blood.

This is the same story we can tell about Vietnam; the anti-war movement accomplished nothing (this story was repeated thirty years later by the anti-war movement against Iraq.) Both these wars ground on, heedless of any protest, until the people in charge of the wars concluded that the cost-benefit ratio was no longer in their favor.

And the history of race relations as it pertains to the labor movement could be exceedingly interesting, but would take damn near forever.

Didn't say other cultures have not done the same things, only that whites have been more successful.

No, you have, in the threads, claimed that only whites have done these things. In this one, you directly declared that nonwhites have never done anything.

Do you think whites deserve any credit for anything?

Tell you the truth, I don't really think about it all that much until someone like you comes in and tries to tell me that the white race is the superior race, and the rest of us are primitive do-nothing mud people.

This is a pretty vague question, however. Do you mean sole credit? 'Cause the old world was a pretty big mixing pot of cultural memes and scientific discoveries. if you do mean sole credit, the answer is no; and that goes for all the races of the world. Every major achievement has been either independently arrived at by numerous cultures (such as agriculture, astronomy, and written language) or has built on layers of achievements by previous cultures (navigation, banking, the nation-state). There's really no exclusive "this race, and only this race, deserves credit for this achievement."

White I can tell you is that perhaps Europeans don't deserve quite all the credit you give them. Know why Europeans have been dominant for the last 500 years? Not because of any inherent superiority, but because Spain got lucky.

See, Spain reached the Americas before the Turks or the Malinese did. The immense wealth it harvested there enabled Spain to basically sever all trade connections with competing powers such as the Ottomans, the Venetians, and the Malinese. Spain's enemies, France and England followed suit in an effort to keep Spain from becoming too powerful relative to them. It essentially became an arms race, and it was also probably the first global depression; inflation soared sky-high in Europe, while the economy crashed among Europe's former trade partners.

Second, the natives of the Americas couldn't resist the plagues that came from contact with the old world (and no, not blaming whites here; these plagues would have come no matter who reached the new world first.) In fact the entire political dynamic of both continents was turned on its head decades before Europeasn ever laid eyes on most of the nations. The Inka and Aztec were not defeated by the Spanish, but by smallpox (the Inka in fact had been fighting a civil war in response to a smallpox outbreak that killed the emperor and his two successors, twenty years before Pizarro showed up)

Thus there was just no one to resist the incoming waves of colonists from Europe. So European nations were fully able to exploit the resources of the two continents, unlike in the old world colonies, where, even with all their new world wealth, they were never able to actually hold very much control.

Had Mali landed boats in the Antilles first, or the ottomans, or had the Chinese really landed on California, you would probably be extolling the solitary magnificence of the black, or Turkish, or Asian race.

Europeans happened to hit the financial jackpot first. pretty much everything you see in Europe past 1500 is a result of that Jed Clampett-style lucky strike.

There are many many things the many diverse cultures of Europe have in common that can be identified as white culture. You can change the name, but it doesn't change the fact. Just as there a great many different types of cats, they all have certain traits in common.

if you want to tell me the virtues of white culture, you might not want to compare them to a species of weasel best-known for urinating on the carpet, who need to be spayed en masse to prevent disease and overpopulation.

I'm not a cat person

You have yet to exhibit any of these common traits. Tell me, what makes an Irish person culturally the same as a Lapp, who is the same as a Sicilian, who is the same as an Icelander, culturally speaking?

Once again, no where do I "tear down other cultures", assert "that non-whites have never done anything", and you are the one who comes off as the pupil of the elites. If you are going to make these claims about my opinion, then provides some quotes to back up your claims. You don't do this, because this argument you keep making has no basis in reality. It is pure projection on your part.

I did quote you saying exactly that. Seriously, pay attention to what you write. Also you might want to look up such literary terms as "context" and "inferred meaning."

I learned about Jackson's role in ordering the Trail of Tears in grade school. Maybe I went to a better school than you did.

Could be. There's a pretty huge disparity between the quality of history taught in schools. Fortunately for me, I'd learned about Jackson before I even went to school. I'm Choctaw, and some of my however-great grandparents were witness to him personally threatening them with genocide at Dancing Rabbit Creek.

I still can't figure out how he's on the $20 bill. Can't John Adams get a little love?

I don't know who John Brown is,

That's quite a shame.

but we did cover Fredrick Douglas. Maybe it was what I paid attention to in class that is the difference, and not the school.

Could be. interesting thing is that John Brown and Fredrick Douglass were, if not friends, then at least pen pals.

While the white working class isn't doing nearly as well as we were a little over a decade ago, we are still doing much better than the rest of the world, with a few exceptions when you compare all of the U.S. with much smaller sections of the world.

And the million-dollar question is, do you know why? So far as I can tell, you assume it's simply because white people are better people. That's the wrong answer. I'll give you time to make a good guess.

By the way, most working class whites don't want to go to the country club. They would rather go fishing. You sure make a whole lot of judgments against people of whom you know nothing.

I didn't literally mean going to a country club, but rather the mindset that tells the working-class whites that their skin color makes them part of the elite.

You brought up that whites stood with blacks in the civil rights movement. And you're right, I'm not going to deny those individuals who really did risk their lives to do this. My question is, why was there even a need for a civil rights movement? Why did America have a century-old system of segregation? Why were little girls threatened, even killed because they were going to school in this time period?

The hurtful truth, is that it's because this system was actually very popular with the whites in America. It gave them power over other people. No matter how bad a white guy had it, he was still legally "better" than any black man in the nation. When that was threatened by desegregation and the civil rights movement, some people thought the idea of having power over others on basis of skin color was worth killing over.

Even though the age of segregation has passed, the entitlement mindset has not. You don't get rid of that sort of thing in a few years, sad to say. So even today, many, many white people still vote against their own self-interests, and pit themselves against nonwhites, as a result of that cultural ingraining. of course not all, by any stretch. Bu enough to still have significant impact.

Umm, if you paid any attention, you would know that I see Dick Cheney as the embodiment of evil, Darth Cheney would be a better name for him. The same type of elites convince the gullible that there are 72 virgins in heaven waiting for them if they blow themselves up in the name of god.

You sure? 'Cause i'll bet he's even whiter than you are, and thus by your own arguments, is a much superior heir to all that wonderful and awesome and flawless perfect goodness of "white culture." Perhaps he was misled by the Jews and negros?

It is people like you spreading propaganda lies, even if you think you are right, who help encourage the lies that convince people it is ok to blow up women and children in the market.

Really? Me telling you that your claims that all good in the world stems exclusively from white people is factually incorrect, is comparable to telling someone to commit mass murder.

I think Godwin's Law needs a new amendment.

It is not me who is trying to wrap chains around my neck, it is tools like you who spread propaganda and thereby serve the elites who is trying to bring the down fall of the working class, irregardless of color.

The guy telling everyone that white people, and ONLY white people, have any worth in terms of culture or achievement, is accusing me of spreading propaganda.

Oh heavens.

The Torch of Knowledge is there for you to grasp, but first you must put aside your prejudices.

You made me giggle.
edit on 19-1-2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The "elites" do not hate the supposed "working class". Saying you are "working class" is a PC way of saying you are someone elses slave.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
wow white people and their arrogance absolutely amuse me.

hey buddy it's not all about you guys. for most of history ya'll have been the ruling elite(minus egypt) so if the elite hates the whites then the elite hate themselves. blah

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by poet1b

The reason I've been given why there is no "white" culture (which is a blatant lie ofcourse) is because whites have never been oppressed enough by another race to actually create themselves some culture.

Nice one Keeper.

That is what some people actually believe. . .

I hope they develop a treatment for these people. Talk therapy or something.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
You were claiming that "fighting for liberty" is an exclusively white thing. This is obviously false. I countered by pointing out that for most of the last two centuries, the "fight for liberty" has primarily been nonwhites seeking liberty from the tyranny of European powers.

You'd think that would be obvious.

I think the OP is reading only one part of a history book where only White people resist and reject tyranny.

Unless of course the notion is that non-Whites are either oblivious to the fact that they were being oppressed, or were too impotent to resist the oppression and fight for their rights and thus decided to just power through it.

Good grief, that is just so completely absurd.

What I really want to know is, who are these "elites" that hate White people so much?

- Lee

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
The elites so to speak are only concerned with divisions. They want us divided and at each other throats as much as possible, highlighting our differences rather than what unites us. If the working classes wern't divided along race and cultural lines they would be a much more powerful as a united cohesive group. Its far easier to get on with your plans if the ones you are ruling over are too busy fighting amongst themselves than paying attention to your plans.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy
wow white people and their arrogance absolutely amuse me.

I'm not sure of the OP's race, but I'm going to just chalk this one up to "ignorance" and give him/her the benefit of the doubt.

hey buddy it's not all about you guys. for most of history ya'll have been the ruling elite(minus egypt) so if the elite hates the whites then the elite hate themselves. blah

True.

These "elites" would undoubtedly be White as well if we go by history.

- Lee
edit on 19-1-2011 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by squandered

The founding of the U.S. was very different than that of AUS.. When Europeans first came to the new world, the only people who came were those literally betting their lives on being able to find a new way of life. It was a wilderness habituated by savages in the view of Europeans. Spanish women in general refused to go to the new world. The people who migrated to the U.S. were for the most part literally looking to escape civilization as they knew it.

A good example is the men who went on the Lewis Clark Expedition. You might find this link interesting.

artsci.wustl.edu...

I think you really nailed the situation with this paragraph.

What we see now is the need to make white people poor, marginalised and ineffective and multiculturalised. The stability brought about by the 'rule of law', consumerism and capitalism created the elites - but now they want more than they deserve and don't want the same checks and balances that made their prosperity able to exist. I think that they are sure that nationalism, racism and blind competitive struggling will control the masses and further their power base. Thus they bite the hands that feed them.

The only thing I might disagree with here is that the elites created the rule of law. The more I learn about history, the more I see that most elites became elites by ruthless manipulation of the law, combined with a psychotic desire for wealth.

What I see is a very organized and concerted effort to promote racism against whites. Maybe elites do not hate whites so much as they fear us, for our fierce independence, at least in the U.S.. Our institutions of higher learning are completely and totally dominated by conformists, who very much resent those of us who are not conformists. There is the crux of the split between liberal elitists, and the average person. The college bound kids seem to have had a great deal of resentment towards those who chose different directions, and they discriminate against those who did not hold such a high esteem for our institutions of education. How is it that so many jobs require a college education, when all the necessary skills were taught in high school? Why do corporations favor people who spent 4 extra years and paid huge sums of money to get a degree, when everything they needed to know they should have learned in high school. If you understood calculus in high school, then you have all the math skills you will ever need for most engineering jobs. The same goes for being able to write a decent theme.

In my opinion, corporations were necessary during the industrial revolution because of the large amount of capital necessary for mass production, but that is no longer the case. For the last half century, the ideal has been to get an education, and then get a job at a corporation, contribute, live a good life, but the problem is that things have not worked out as promised. As you say, "now they (corporations) want more than they deserve and don't want the same checks and balances that made their prosperity able to exist." Corporate elites have reneged on the deal.

People are waking up the reality that the corporate entity has turned into a monster more horrible than totalitarian government, and our higher institutions of education are not much better.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think it's apparent and obvious, the US gov and society has an agendized bias against whites. Giving non whites preferences, as well as giving a thumbs up to non white racist agitators and groups that are based on non white unity, while condemning all efforts of any whites to do such. Whitey don't count in today's USA.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

This statement sums up your whole racist post.

I did quote you saying exactly that. Seriously, pay attention to what you write. Also you might want to look up such literary terms as "context" and "inferred meaning."

No, you have not quoted anything that backs up your false claims about what I have written in my posts. Inferred would be your gross misinterpretation of of what I have written.

I did not claim that

"fighting for liberty" is an exclusively white thing
, and you can't provide a quote to back this claim, because it is nothing but a slanderous attack on your part, and a typical example of the nastiness in your posts.

You are the one who clearly sees everything as "exclusively" white or non-white. Your hatred of whites jumps out of your posts, and you are one of the few who don't clearly see this.

I have never told you that

whites were the superior race

Once again, nothing but a slanderous attack by you against me.

This comment of yours is the typical racist jab oft repeated by your kind.

Europeans happened to hit the financial jackpot first. pretty much everything you see in Europe past 1500 is a result of that Jed Clampett-style lucky strike.

I am so sick of hearing this constantly repeated lie.

It wasn't a matter of luck that Europeans were technologically centuries ahead of the other civilizations that you mention.

Clearly you don't like it that the facts of the reality get in the way of your racist rants, and refusal to admit the accomplishments of white culture.

While other civilizations where worshiping their rulers as gods, Europeans were chopping off the heads of their kings for failure to respect the rights of individuals.

Whites are still centuries ahead of these other civilizations in developing representative government.

While other civilizations were perfecting the sword, whites were perfecting the gun.

Calculus, physics, steel, the steam engine, the internal combustion engine, harnessing of electricity, wireless communication, all technologies developed primarily by white culture, along with a huge variety of other technologies.

And you are a fool for not recognizing these things, programmed by the elites to believe what they want you to believe.

What the elites desire more than anything is to downplay the role of representative government in the success of white culture. This is why they have taught you to hate white culture.

And no, most whites do not want to belong to the elites. Most whites see the elites as a bunch of screwed up people who do a lot of bad things in this world.

At least we had a civil rights movement, throughout most of the third world, they are still trying to gain any rights. If you are as well educated as you claim, then you would know that racism and bigotry are practiced around the globe by people of all colors, and is not an exclusively white thing that you constantly imply.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

To the OP I read an article this morning that had me on similar lines. It's by Ben Stein:

www.newcriterion.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

No, thinking that the elites are better than the working class is embracing the slave mentality, making yourself a slave.

Sadly, bashing white people is proper PC these days.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yepper, and teaching non-whites to hate whites is what they are doing to keep the working class divided.

Too bad those who love to pile on the hatred towards whites aren't smart enough to recognize that they are only serving the interests of the elites.

edit on 19-1-2011 by poet1b because: failure to check for gramatical errors before posting

edit on 19-1-2011 by poet1b because: same

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

If you think whites make up the majority of the world's elites, and always have, than you are not only completely ignorant of history, but up contemporary events as well.

Of course I will give you the benefit of the doubt, that your ignorance is the reason.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1bSadly, bashing white people is proper PC these days.

While, I don't want to intrude on your debate here I do want to take a moment and recommend something to you both (as well as the readers here) as I read it and found the premise interesting considering the writer is a black man:

This book by Erik Rush was a really good read and sort of validated something I have noticed in my daughter's education throughout the years in public school. That is she is being basically taught more about history in the context of black and white and the contributions of other minorities in that context rather than learning "American" History.

As I read through her textbooks though the years it seems to magnify and take care to emphasize and point out the accomplishments and plight of minorities in general and likewise to point out the poor judgment or lack of conscience on the part of white or European-Americans.

She can tell you all about African influence in culture, they read books with black themes(Roll of Thunder now twice in two different schools; To Kill a Mocking Bird etc.) in reading class almost exclusively.

She has had whole weeks of school on nothing but Harriet Tubman; John Brown, Frederick Douglass etc. Yet when I made a quip the other day about Daniel Boone and Davy Crocket she had no idea who they were…. I had to roll my eyes. There are months observing Native American’s Hispanic Herritage, women etc.; they have plays, convocations, special presentations, on African dance, music , etc. It is almost as if all these special groups are somehow sacred. There must be something to this guy’s theory as I am witnessing it on the sidelines though my daughters course work.

Please understand, my BA is in History so I am passionate about this and do not in any way mean to downplay minority contributions to our National history just that I see a bias here on what the schools seem to emphasize. I know they can’t hit them all; there is not enough class time but come on the bias seems to be screaming – “whites are bad minorities are good”!

Anyway, carry on; I don't know if the book is out in paperback I still buy hardbacks so I can have a library after the world collapses.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Nice article, thanks. I think this one point needs to be repeated regularly, and passed on until everyone recognizes this important role of the British in abolishing slavery.

www.newcriterion.com...

And it’s even sadder to have to point out the most obvious fatuity in those “anti-fascist groups” litany of evil—“the British Empire’s association with slavery.” The British Empire’s principal association with slavery is that it abolished it. Before William Wilberforce, the British Parliament, and the brave men of the Royal Navy took up the issue, slavery was an institution regarded by all cultures around the planet as as permanent a feature of life as the earth and sky. Britain expunged it from most of the globe.

Too bad the author doesn't recognize that the reason the U.S. is so much in debt that our interest payments alone to the Chinese will pay for China's military development is because of debts created under GW Bush and the attempts to create a free market.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Thanks for contributing, you are spot on in your assessment.

U.S. elites, especially those claiming to be liberals, are using race politics to practice their own system of class warfare.

Rather than give credit where credit is due, non-whites have taken the bait, choosing to believe the racist propaganda our school systems are dishing out. What they don't realize is that by refusing to recognize the traits that allowed the U.S. to succeed, they are surrendering the future to the elites who desire to enslave them.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

No, thinking that the elites are better than the working class is embracing the slave mentality, making yourself a slave.

Some might say that thinking whites are better than other races is embracing ignorance.
I don't understand "white pride" or "black pride" at all. Myself, I find it difficult enough to have pride in being human given our track record, yet alone being endowed with an unwarranted sense of superiority based on the pigment of my skin.
This whole thread smacks of ignorance. We're human, and the division people like you create between "races" is why we're in this mess in the first place.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join