It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Sharpton claims Arizona has Seceded from the united States of America!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

What do you mean by right leaning?

See, this is the thing that really aggravates me. Hell, my one brother thinks I am a flaming liberal because I believe in individual responsibility. AKA letting people fail because they want to do drugs.

I believe that the government, should not make things illegal because it COULD harm the individual. Things like abortion, drugs, etc etc etc.

But, you and others have denigrated Bush because he wanted to save you from terrorists. Tell me, what is you stance on the war on terror? What is your stance on immigration? They are related.

I have a problem with both sides of the debate. I have problems with centralized control. That does NOT seem to be working does it?

The ONLY reason certain countries are able to use a vast majority of their GDP for social components is BECAUSE the US has been the protector. How has that worked for the US so far. There are things that YOU are not bringing to the discussion. You are forgetting to bring the ENTIRE argument to the debate.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollowerThey are going on about how Arizona does not recognize the "federal" MLK holiday. So a host asks the "Reverend" if they should secede. The "Reverend" says they have already.

This is too funny; I think Al Sharpton seceded from the united States of reality, a long time ago.

He makes his living off of race baiting and such issues of course he wants to inflame them at every opportunity.

Gotta love America!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
After reviewing the tape, and what all was posted, there are a few things that can be stated.
First is that when the debate moves down to name calling, the person who does such, looses it and all credibility in their argument, it is neither nice, nor called for.
But on to the op at hand and the postings:
Secession is something that more and more states are calling for, as there is a growing portion of the population, across the United States of America, that is dissatisfied with the federal government and its workings. They do not like what they are seeing, are tired of a government that has become bloated, and the people there that are showing more and more that they are corrupt and failing to represent the interest of the people in a particular state or district. Too many times a representative, as was seen during the health care debate, often would insult the very people that they are suppose to represent, or promises are not kept, if outright broken. This is adding fuel to a fire that it can not stand, or the people are hurt economically by the very laws that are passed, or the executive orders that are passed, as was seen shortly there after the gulf oil crisis. Or seen how slowly the federal government reacts, as was seen during Katrina. This is making more and more people wonder, what exactly is the federal government for or what good are they, except to impose their will on personal behavior, playing by 2 sets of laws and rules. Some of the actions that was seen during the past 2 years, has led the people to wonder, why is it that a someone in the federal government is able to break the law with no more than a slap on the wrist and yet, if someone on the street were to do it, they would get the book and prison time. This is neither fair or equal treatment under the law, and that too is adding to the discontent of the country. If anything, the words written by Shakespeare, stands true now than ever: Now is the winter of our discontent.
Al Sharpton, has not right or reason to speak for MLK, as he too has missed the message, that was spoken so long ago by Dr. King, that being for equal treatment and equal justice. It was not just for one race or another, or solely for just the African Americans, but rather for all citizens of the United States of America. He viewed that there needs to be equality under the law, that no group should or has the right to be set above the other, or be treated any different than the rest. He did not seek to see reparations, or any kind of repayment for the hurts of the past, rather he wanted to see that the same opportunities were afforded to all people in the country. Rev Sharpton, based on his past history and actions, still believes that discrimination is rampant, and that the minorities are held down by people, yet would fail to understand or see, that there is more opportunity today than there has ever been, with the scales weighted in favor of those who are minorities themselves. We should all take a good look at the Rev Sharpton and step back, feeling pity for him and those who would follow him, as the message should not be hatred, but should be more for the inspiration of helping people help themselves, no matter what. It means to speak and tell the African American community to stop committing crimes, stay in school, to use the system to get ahead, to leave the past where it is, in the past. His comments from the clip, could be construed as racist and down right derogatory, and he should think, that just cause a holiday is not celebrated should not be something to complain about, rather it should be used as an opportunity for those who have to work, or even be in school to excel. On a side note, it is real funny, how the relatives of MLK, will often not have much to do with Rev Sharpton. That should give one pause to think as to why is that? Could it be, that they do not agree with his message, or that just maybe, he got the message wrong that MLK had stated so long ago?
Now if Arizona did leave the union along with several other states, such as Texas, they would have a very good chance of making it, if you consider, the natural resources that they have at their disposal. There are large gold deposits through out the state of Arizona, that have yet to be tapped, along with silver and copper, and Texas has energy deposits that it could tap. So there is the economic base right there.
And the other thing, to consider, if you ask any student, when a holiday comes up, what the holiday is about, you may be surprised at the answer, or even shocked, at the lack of an answer.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

The ONLY reason certain countries are able to use a vast majority of their GDP for social components is BECAUSE the US has been the protector. How has that worked for the US so far. There are things that YOU are not bringing to the discussion. You are forgetting to bring the ENTIRE argument to the debate.

So now you are saying the US is failing because the entire world is a welfare state, and the US is the only one pulling their weight?

See this is the thing that gets me riled up. If you want to look at the WHOLE argument, then lets. Lets put the whole issue out on the table, shall we? The US, by far, is the biggest consumer of oil. We consume the lions share of the worlds energy, and we pay next to nothing for it, compared to other developed countries. Poor Brits, they are paying double for their energy, at a higher rate of exchange, and yet they help us!

You say we were protecting the world. I say we are positioning our forces to take the worlds resources and squander them typing here on the internet and driving insane amounts of cars, while people on the other side of the world die of starvation and easily curable disease for lack of a few dollars, but only for the bad luck of them being born to their parents, and you born to yours, and Americas role in making life American.

You say you want personal responsibility, but you never want to own up to all the ugly things Americans have done to get to the top. You always explain away conquest in previous generations as "the way it was back then", and "I am not personally responsible for genociding Indians", but there is no disputing that you live off of the fruits of those labors, while those that were subjugated are generally forced into life that is worse off.

There are myriad of reasons, but I doubt you can convince me that there is a single place on Earth that has actually benefitted in the long run from an American military invasion and continued presence. Maybe Germany, I might be able to concede them, but if you look at how they have been neutered as a country, I dont know.

And you certainly dont want to take responsibility for our continued conquests disguised as "spreading democracy", in fact you make excuses for it, and claim peacekeeping. Even the conservatives that are now against the war, Im sure at one point were certainly for it. It only became fashionable to dislike the war as a conservative after it became a money issue.

There is so much to rebut and so much to talk about, I could right articles and books about it, but if I did, Im sure it would just be provided of proof of "liberal bias" in whatever medium I put it out.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I wish I could meet him, and introduce his face to my fists.

Or my foot to his ass. Whichever comes to mind first.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by newBodyoldSoul

A little harsh, no?
Why not invite the Sharpie to explain hisself first?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by newBodyoldSoul

Really? Is that the way to solve differences of opinion? Physical violence? Wouldn't it be better if you discussed your objections to his opinions, instead of using force to try and assert your dominance over another human being?

See, this is the kind of rhetoric that is the problem with our political discourse in the country. People who think that violence solves all of their problems.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

What, you did not know that your buddy Obama is still allowing 700+ military bases in over 130 countries?

Oh, whatever.

How old are you, just two decades ago, those bases were here in the US. They helped our economy, but what the hell, you can assume that your idiot is any different than our idiot.

Whatever.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Wouldn't it be better if you discussed your objections to his opinions, instead of using force to try and assert your dominance over another human being?

See, this is the kind of rhetoric that is the problem with our political discourse in the country. People who think that violence solves all of their problems.

Very true. So why don't you discuss, rather than jab at, AZ and those sympathetic?

Didn't you yourself suggest:

So, soon as y'all can get the ball rolling, we can get a boarder fence going around the former state with gun turrets and drone flyovers.

Is that not a threat of physical violence?

edit on 1/18/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Originally posted by abecedarian

Very true. So why don't you discuss, rather than jab at, AZ and those sympathetic?

So, soon as y'all can get the ball rolling, we can get a boarder fence going around the former state with gun turrets and drone flyovers.

It's exactly what Arizona wants to do, if it's ok for them to want this, if they left the union, why would it then be unfair to implement this plan?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

If the US is stealing or positioning for oil, why did we not get the Iraq oil?

OH, that breaks your entire tenet doesn't it?

would be nice if we got the oil, but we did not.

Anyway, watch some more Moore videos, you and Chris Mathews can provide proof because you saw it in a video.
edit on 18-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

It's exactly what Arizona wants to do, if it's ok for them to want this, if they left the union, why would it then be unfair to implement this plan?

Nice diversion. They've not left the union and are nowhere near the spearhead of such an action.
How about addressing Sharpton's and MSNBC's actions?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I can understand why he thinks that - after all, he seceded from his brains years ago!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

If the US is stealing or positioning for oil, why did we not get the Iraq oil?

OH, that breaks your entire tenet doesn't it?

would be nice if we got the oil, but we did not.

Anyway, watch some more Moore videos, you and Chris Mathews can provide proof because you saw it in a video.

Might want to add "... on the Internet so it must be true...."

But then you're going off topic on your own thread....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtncharlie
I can understand why he thinks that - after all, he seceded from his brains years ago!

All should keep in mind that there is a difference between:
seceeded:
    to make a formal withdrawal of membership, as from a political alliance, church, organization, etc.

and succeeded:
  1. 1- To come next in time or succession; follow after another; replace another in an office or a position
  2. 2- To accomplish something desired or intended
  3. 3- To devolve upon a person by way of inheritance [Obsolete]

Though I personally believe that if AZ seceeded, they would have a greater chance of succeeding than they have waiting for the gatekeepers of US liberalism to take any definitive action to protect the country.

edit on 1/18/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I've figured you out- you're a drive by troll. Everytime I see a reply of yours and reply in kind, you're offline just that quick.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Nice diversion. They've not left the union and are nowhere near the spearhead of such an action.

I already have addressed Sharpton's statements, if you don't like it, it's not really my problem is it?

I've figured you out- you're a drive by troll. Everytime I see a reply of yours and reply in kind, you're offline just that quick.

I didn't realize that I needed your permission to come and go from ATS. My mistake my lord, may I have permission to read something else online?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I already have addressed Sharpton's statements, if you don't like it, it's not really my problem is it?

Really? I must've missed the intellectual discussion. I'll review the thread and get back to you.

I didn't realize that I needed your permission to come and go from ATS. My mistake my lord, may I have permission to read something else online?

Absolutely! Go forth and prosper. I'd expect nothing less from a free soul.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by newBodyoldSoul

Let me see if I have got this correct here.

You would rather resort to violence than to have the chance to sit down and talk it out with the man. There is just one large problem that I see with that. Violence has never really solved anything, not before and not in the future. It is suggestions like this that has thrown this country into the problem we have now when it comes to violence. Most people tend to think that violence will be solved with more violence. It is the on set of the violence brought on by the agressive retribution that gets people killed.

I've said this on here before and will say it again.

It would be absolute lunacy for a state to decide now that they are going to secede from the Union. Fifteen to twenty years ago, something like this would have been possible. However what most of you are severely neglecting to notice is that most states do not have the money to even bring up the legislation about secedeing from the Union. Hell, some states are even having to cut not office hours, but days of office operations out of the week just to cut costs and save face. So what makes you think that it would be even the slightest bit feasible for something like this to happen now?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Haha you all care too much about others opinions.

It was a joke. Sarcasm is lost on the internet. Wait, I take that back. I actually would kick his ass. Nope, more sarcasm.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join