It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Sharpton claims Arizona has Seceded from the united States of America!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Sharptons is Lying and doesn't know [SNIP] about Arizona or any other state.
I do know this is one day that would deserve to be a Federal Holiday:

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 18-1-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

You know, as much as some people would like to see a state secede from the Union. That happening today would not just be improbable or impossible, it would be certain political suicide for a state to do that. Just because a state chose not to recognize a Federal holiday doesn't mean that they have to secede from the Union. If a state chooses not to observe a Federal holiday, then why make such a big fuss over it. Again, if a state chooses not to observe a Federal holiday. It is up to the leaders of a state's government to say whether or not they will. With the way the economy is now, I don't see a state trying to secede from the Union.

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.""

You do realize that Arizona does observe MLK/Civil Rights Day and that they have done so since the early 1990s? So, I guess just by what I have and someone else posted. That the video in the OP has a very moot point in regards to Arizone not observing the day. If you choose, which most certainly you have chosen, not to observe MLK Day. Then have at it.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Thanks, I was kind of hoping someone was going to go there. Finally.

I was just waiting for someone to bring it to discussion.

And you knocked it out of the park.

I gave em hints. I thought maybe when they did some looking it would hit em.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

But they actually do recognize the holiday. That was kind of the point of watching the video. MSNBC and Al Sharpton are just a bunch of idiots.

The only one on that whole channel that makes a little bit of sense is the Buchanon, Joe is an idiot and absolutely not a conservative.

If you read the last comment on page 2 here post by abecedarian

I was hoping someone was going to ask me about the poo Sharpton was flinging but no one did.

Delaware was actually the last state to observe the holiday.

But hey, when MS'___' and Al Sharpton are speaking

why would anyone expect anything BUT lies?

That is what surprises me.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I always found it funny that when some one brings up the Civil war they just think slavery... when it wasn't about that for the south. the south also had black soldiers. the president abe lol.. knew that with out demonizing the south here wouldn't have the man power to win. since the upper class could have gave two #s about slavery.
most of the south to this day is still recovering to this day from the war. news flash history is written by the victors and I seem to recall a thread or two on Ats about the history books being wrong.. even by U.S standards lol.. not that I'm fro slavery the Civil war from the south's perspective was really about over taxing of the the north they knew that slavery was getting to costly..

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Some people take things for granted, without researching for themselves.
No one should take anything Sharpton or Rev JJ says seriously without fact checking.
And if one is going to counter a position, at least make sure what's claimed is correct.

edit on 1/18/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL

Can we please cool the discussion a bit? Let's stay on topic and leave the personal insults at the door.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Damn, don't tease like that. I was ready to pack and move there. If Texas secedes, I am definitely moving.

Ya they restrict your consumption and will throw the book at you for a minor violation - have at it!

No smokes around all that airspray

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Reverend Al is a piece of work. I did not know that Arizona does not have a MLK holiday. The last thing the Left needs after that meltdown of slander slime mess on television after the shooting is Rev. Al to come out dancing in front of the cameras. He's not the most popular guy around for those who remember him in his Crown Heights prime.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123

Reverend Al is a piece of work. I did not know that Arizona does not have a MLK holiday. The last thing the Left needs after that meltdown of slander slime mess on television after the shooting is Rev. Al to come out dancing in front of the cameras. He's not the most popular guy around for those who remember him in his Crown Heights prime.

They do observe the holiday in Arizona; voted for, by the residents in 1992. That's the point of the thread- you can't trust Al nor MSNBC. They obviously have an agenda and since the shooting in Arizona, the liberal side seems to be taking every opportunity to impune the state, it's citizens and the moderate-to-conservatives around the country up to the extent of using out-and-out blatent lies.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

i would like you to send me some links to some documents showing this, so i can show it around please.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

They obviously have an agenda and since the shooting in Arizona, the liberal side seems to be taking every opportunity to impune the state,

Arizona does a good enough job of that themselves without the help of MSNBC.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This is nothing new, Arizona has refused to recognize the MLK holiday for well over a decade now.

There was even a song made about it by hip hop group Public Enemy, this has been a sore subject for a long time. If I remember correctly there were even boycotts back in the mid early 90's for this very reason.

Personally I think it is sad that we cant all agree to recognize the man for one day a year, he was a great American and deserves to be respected.

By the Time I Get To Arizona - Public Enemey - 1991

edit on 1/18/11 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
This is nothing new, Arizona has refused to recognize the MLK holiday for well over a decade now.
>snip

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
It's possible.....they got the balls.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Arizona does a good enough job of that themselves without the help of MSNBC.

So you're okay with MSM and [regrettably] influential public bobbleheads spreading lies and inciting fear, uncertainty and doubt?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

If they did, I'd support the federal government invading and annexing them anyway. You know it will happen.

You don't have to be a genius to know that Sharpton wasn't being literal.

However, what the hell is Arizona's problem with the MLK holiday? Are they really that ignorant on race?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
However, what the hell is Arizona's problem with the MLK holiday? Are they really that ignorant on race?

AZ has no problem with the holiday; they've been observing it for 18 years now.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Has anyone here realized that Obama, Holder, and Napolitano left Washington, DC and went to the Memorial in AZ, shared Scripture readings and words of consolation and free T-Shirts...then went back to Washington, DC where they resumed their lawsuit against AZ for trying to defend itself from murderers and mayhem? Then realize in Obama's 2004 speech to the DNC he said,"Our pride is based on a very simple premise, summed up in a declaration made over two hundred years ago, "We hold these truths to he self-evident, that all men are created equal. That they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights. That among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." Then has omitted "by their Creator" and "under God" deliberately since then, but now decides to start quoting Scripture. If anyone secedes from the Union, it'll be Texas first, then AZ and a bunch of other States will follow. I just hope things start to make better sense than they have been, otherwise I can't blame them if they do. Imagine all the States left behind to pay the debt all by themselves!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
If this is true, you can bet Sharpton will elect himself to the position of "Press Secretary" for the newly formed government. The man is an oportunistic pain in the butt who doesn't care as much about the story as he does about getting his mug in front of a television camera. I will say however he is a man of vision, even though the visions are all in his head!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join