It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Sharpton claims Arizona has Seceded from the united States of America!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Glad i read the rest of it before i packed my bike

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
[
Why do you hate people that are coerced to live within the welfare society?

Also, no one is coercing you to stay here. Love it or leave it, buddy.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Why do they call it President's Day if it is George Washington day.

I am still attempting to understand you. What are you getting at?

Here you go that hole is getting pretty deep. If you dig faster, it might help.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b88f3b93652a.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I think that the OP may have preferred it if today was named James Earl Ray Day.

So, someone who said:

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

or

"Whatever your life's work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better."

Isn't worth remembering?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
#1 MLK was a great man and a great American, as many are. A human with human flaws but great vision. He must be rolling in his grave right about now concerning how his own community has misused his words and life achievements... for that alone I honor him today. He actually stood for something righteous.. and wasnt afraid to step outside of the pressure of his own community and demand change from within.

( dont get me on Al Sharpton.. Id get banned.. )

#2 I doubt any states can actually secede singularly anymore. The states individually are so intertwined with the fed that it would fail financially and socially. Its all of our faults for going along with this dependency. The only state that would have half a chance would be texas.. but they couldnt alone afford the federal welfare being taken away... those dependent on it would eat the state finances up immediately. There are a plethora of reasons why secession is all but impossible how it is set up these days and I dont think it is by accident.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Oh, MLK was a great man huh? Who cares?

FLASHBACK 2 REPLIES:

But of course, that would be civil wouldn't it? No need to be civil, just get out there and fling poo.

HYPOCRITE MUCH? Seriously Giant, I'm a little disappointed. Your honor, respect?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

reply to post by kinda kurious

Explain your hypocrite component.

OK, you accused a member of "flinging poo" and then two posts later do the same by disparaging one of the most important champions of human rights and freedom America has ever known.

Comprendo amigo?
edit on 17-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

So I said I do not care, let me repost that again.

Oh, MLK was a great man huh? Who cares?

How many great men are we supposed to have federal holidays for? Pffft.

Oohhh, me saying Who Cares is disparaging him now? I know kk you are almost omnipotent, but can you really read my mind?

What I really could care less about, is not MLK, is the people that attempt to use him as theirs alone. Like what he said, because he was black, can only be used by blacks. Like ol "Reverend" Al not so sharp Sharton.

You must be really stretching if you are attempting to say that was flinging poo. I tell you, when I want to, I will back the International 1206 up with the manure pit pump and fling some #.

Then we will be talking about flinging some poo.

edit to add-Alright, I will concede it may have been insensitive, but it was not flinging poo.

Let us ask the master of poo fling, the WUK, he is like an artist.

edit on 17-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Now you pay attention to what you read here Mr. OP.
The fact that I would've clicked on your header, even if I knew for sure it was an out and out fabrication.
Has nothing to do with the fact that I should have known, it was an out and out fabrication. So just be advised
that, I know for sure, that somewhere in this post right here, I have a bonified grievence and you would do well
not to tempt me any further. Just be glad I had a huge brain fart while posting. lucky suca.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sorry, did you read the OP or watch the video?

It went down just as I said. It was on the Morning Joe show.

You know, the echo chamber.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Post to thread joke dog. Maximum clearence overhead achieved.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
There is no federal holiday titled Presidents, President's or Presidents' day. Many states however have an official such named state holiday on the 3rd Monday of February, which coincides with the federally observed holiday of "Washington's Birthday", which from 1880 (within DC)/1885 (all federal offices) through 1971 occured on February 22nd.

States are under no obligation legal or otherwise to observe federal holidays. However, Arizona voters have in fact adopted Martin Luther King Jr. / Civil Rights Day, and did so in 1992. Sharpton is bass ackwards and needs to fact check. As of 2000, all 50 states (57 if you're Obama) recognize / observe some variation of Martin Luther King Jr. Day and/or Civil Rights Day on the 3rd Monday of January. South Carolina, in fact, was the last of the 50 states to officially observe the holiday.

@ saltheart foamfollower-
You might get a giggle out of Mississippi observing Robert E. Lee & Martin Luther King Jr. on the same day, and Virginia observing Lee-Jackson day on the Friday preceeding MLK day since 2000; prior to 2000, Virginia observed Lee-Jackson and MLK on the same day- the 3rd Monday of January.

edit on 1/17/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join