It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we ruled by psychopaths?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I've always thought so, have you? I found a couple of articles that give anecdotal credence to my instinctual assumptions.
This is a link to the first site I'm going to quote from.
www.examiner.com...
This article was written by a cop, here's some of what he had to say about some of the behaviors attributable to psychopaths:

Interpersonal traits include glibness, superficial charm, a grandiose sense of self-worth, pathological lying, and the manipulation of others. The affective traits include a lack of remorse and/or guilt, shallow affect, a lack of empathy, and failure to accept responsibility. The lifestyle behaviors include stimulation-seeking behavior, impulsivity, irresponsibility, parasitic orientation, and a lack of realistic life goals. Continue reading on Examiner.com: Serial killers and politicians share traits - National Law Enforcement | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

Sound familiar?

What doesn't go unnoticed is the fact that some of the character traits exhibited by serial killers or criminals may be observed in many within the political arena. While not exhibiting physical violence, many political leaders display varying degrees of anger, feigned outrage and other behaviors. They also lack what most consider a "shame" mechanism. Quite simply, most serial killers and many professional politicians must mimic what they believe, are appropriate responses to situations they face such as sadness, empathy, sympathy, and other human responses to outside stimuli. Continue reading on Examiner.com: Serial killers and politicians share traits - National Law Enforcement | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

Now I see why there's no shame in their game.

While many political leaders will deny the assessment regarding their similarities with serial killers and other career criminals, it is part of a psychopathic profile that may be used in assessing the behaviors of many officials and lawmakers at all levels of government. Continue reading on Examiner.com: Serial killers and politicians share traits - National Law Enforcement | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

Luckily, they're good at denying things.
Heres a link to the next article I'm going to quote from.
www.globalresearch.ca...
This article delves more into how this behavior manifests itself by giving some real examples.

Is the nation ruled by psychopaths? Well, how can the impoverishment of the people, the promotion of the military-industrial complex and endless wars and their genocidal killing, the degradation of the environment, the neglect of the collapsing infrastructure, and the support of corrupt and authoritarian governments (often called democracies) abroad be explained? Worse, why are corporations allowed to profiteer during wars while the people are called upon to sacrifice? Why hasn't the government ever tried to prohibit such profiteering? It's not that it can't be done. In the vernacular, harming people is considered a crime. It is just as much a crime when done by governments, legal systems, or corporations. The government uses the law to harm people or shield the establishment from the consequences of harming people all the time. Watch as no one from the Massey Energy Co. is ever prosecuted for the disaster at the Upper Big Branch coal mine. When corporations are accused of wrongdoing, they often reply that what they did was legal, but legal is not a synonym for right. When criminals gain control, they legalize criminality.

Are we ruled by psychopaths? It sure would explain some of it all.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

Are we ruled by psychopaths?

Yes
If you have not watched this doc, The Corporation, check it out, very revealing. They use the definition of psychopath and apply it to those in power, and guess what? It fits more often than not. Absence of empathy is the main one I noticed, which is what the psychologists at the Nuremburg trials said stood out most about the nazis, and determined total lack of empathy contributed to the evil and psychopathology.

spec

edit on 17-1-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
No, I haven't seen that doc, I'll check it out, thanks.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yes, it's called a Pathocracy.

I highly recommend, not only the previously mentioned documentary (The Corporation) , but also the book: Political Ponerology: A Science of the Nature of Evil Adjusted for Political Purposes

Peace.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
yup we are ruled by psychopaths but what to do about is the question?

any ideas?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Obviously, dethroning these bastards with a quick chopping off their heads would be ideal, imo.

What will actually be done about it? Not much. As long as people are entertained via the bread and circuses, the mindless fools will continue to take it up the ass.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Yes I agree that most of these elite are psychopaths they have no ethics or morals. Every time they do something bad it ends up being covered up by their inside connections or a new law is made so they can get away with criminal acts. They always seem to use propoganda to gain public support for criminal activity as well. Even society in general has seem to have gone in the gutter these days as a result of the psychos running things.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I couldn't agree more seems the masses have become to complacent to actually do anything about it. If anything does happen it will most likely be too late. People are too worried about buying the new ipod because it has a new button or watching Jersey Shore...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I would say yes...................but............

That would be an insult to the phsycopaths

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This premis has long been a contention of my own.
Through personal observation, it is not difficult to comr to the conclusion that most of our politicians , cops, and people in positions of authority, as well as the corporate leaders are disfunctional, laacking in empathy, and also bereft of any common sense....
Just look at the budgets for the last few decades....
There isnt one where the people didnt loose //////////////

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
yes, my friend, for most of known history in fact.

unityemissions beat me to the punch with the ponerolgy.

interesting theory, may be related:
Saharasia: The 4000 BCE Origins of Child Abuse, Sex-Repression, Warfare and Social Violence, In the Deserts of the Old World, by James DeMeo, Ph.D

if you combine it with Mckenna's Mushroom hypothesis makes even more sense

when the mushrooms started to die off, our ancestors lost the ability to weed out the psychopaths.
the mushrooms probably had a different effect on them, exposing them.

would explain the outright hatred of the system to entheogens, and the efforts not only to stamp out their use, i.e the witch hunts, but their being classified as "poisonous" so as to hide their true nature.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Birds of a feather, flock together.

sort of like gaydar but for psycho's

also remember that madness is catching some psychopaths and sociopaths are the way they are because of nurture and not nature.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

spiking their champagne might be better.

on a more realistic note maybe there is a MOR frequency that could be used on 'em

Forbidden Cures

scroll down to Dr. Royal Rife:

Dr. Royal Rife In the late 20's and early 1930's, Dr. Royal Raymond Rife from San Diego, California, developed a high powered microscope which he used in conjunction with a frequency generator. Using special UV light, Rife's mircroscope was capable of 60,000x magnification! This degree of magnification allowed him to observe LIVE virus and bacteria organisms while he applied the MOR (Mortal Oscillatory Resonance) frequency from his frequency generator via plasma tube radiation of the energy. He was able to destroy all manner of disease organisms (including cancer related organisms) by merely 'tuning' the generator to the correct resonant frequency of these organisms and applying the oscillating electric fields via the plasma driven, "Beam Ray Tube". Everything in the universe, living or dead, and its own resonant frequency. If you apply this exact resonant frequency to the object or organism, it will begin vibrating until it literally shatters itself. You've all seen the wine glass and the opera singer demonstration. Same deal for microbes.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Yes.

HOWEVER!

I, like God do not believe in coincidence. Nor do I play with dice.
edit on 17-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Put it this way. The most common profession for elected officials and other public officers is that of an attorney. Successful, high-profile attorneys grow accustomed to working 90-100 hours a week in BIGLAW firms. They're developed and conditioned to be opportunistic, cut-throat competitors. The same holds true for CEOs and other high-level corporate board directors. In terms of a normal, healthy lifestyle, attorneys and corporate executives depart profoundly in their insatiable drive for power and success.

I'm not sure you can reduce the phenomenon to pathological behavior alone. I think it's a true testament to the vices and failings of a capitalist system where workers are degraded to commodities and the bottom line transcends moral and ethical values.

Just look at how the corporate world has outsourced millions of jobs and betrayed the American middle-class under the guise of globalization.

The ramifications of the Clinton Administration's efforts to globalize (e.g. NAFTA) are now being realized as a bane to our economy. And the Bush Administration's zealous promotion of the military-industrial complex and furthering our country's excessive expenditures into a $14 trillion deficit are surely to be hard felt for generations to come.

The Illuminati's quest for a New World Order will gradually be realized after what has developed over the past decades....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lou Minotti

There is certainly something to be said about what you wrote. My mother, although not an actual CEO, is an executive VP for a company. She is a power hungry INTJ, that had a drive from a very young age to excel at whatever she put effort into. While climbing up the SES ladder, she learned to work more and more hours. It was nothing for my brother and I to teach each other when growing up, as both of our parents ran companies and worked 80+ hour weeks on a regular basis. While I heard the pathetic excuse that this was for us, I know otherwise. A 40 hour a week job could certainly have satisfied the monthly bills at the time being, and my mother bought ridiculously overpriced things for the house that seem to be mere decorations and have no true functional use whatsoever.

Do I regard her as a psychopath? No. I think she's a highly intelligent individual who had a large thirst to excel, socioeconomically. Do I think she adopted some psychopathic traits over the years? Yes. Certainly this is the case. She is profoundly different from what I remember as a child. As she grew in her power, so did her will to dominate the family. Interestingly, as she's aged she's calmed down a lot. I can now have conversations with her and not expect her to flip out on me so easily. Now I just have to deal with the fact that she sees things in terms of $$$, and not necessarily human value at all times. That, I have learned to accept.
edit on 18-1-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RayTheWizardLiotta

The only thing that is immoral in popular culture is to have morals. The elite have created a culture of "no judgement." They did that so, they won't be judged. They need to be judged, badly.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Yes I too would encourage eveyone to see "The Corporation", it is outstanding! It explains how Corporations are psychopathic entities, void of empathy, compassion or any sense of morality. Corporations run the world.

Yes we are indeed led by psychopaths ladies and gentlemen
edit on 18-1-2011 by HUMBLEONE because: Too many thought crimes committed.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
yes, I would never #%¨&$¨*& with other people just for money

and really, these people already have money, so, they are not %¨$&%¨# to get more, its because their DNA is #¨%#%& up

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I'd like to agree fully with your perspective, but I feel it is highly reductionist. Yes, it is true that most, if not all, people in power show clear signs of some sort of psychological pathologies - the least of which is the propensity to lie, cheat, and "forgetting" given promises. They, never the less, are able to have this kind of behaviour because they know societies don't hold them accountable, and citizenship, for most part, ends at the ballot box.

We live in a pathological society. People in power just have their pathologies exposed publicly. Thus, until society changes, is changed by the whole, it is useless, and naive, to expect anything other then sick, incompetent, lying leaders to miraculously emerge.
A pathological society can only generate pathological leaders, and will only have citizens that are as sick as the people they elect, and fail to scrutinize.

The same goes for any sort of power, or perceived positions of power. We must always remember that politicians, judges, police officers, the military, and other people in power, come from our ranks. They are us, with the only difference being Public Exposition of their Pathologies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join