It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs I have seen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I have been a long time reader and just now choose to post what I have seen. So far I have only seen 3, but 2 of them where very different then most.

It was about 15 years ago in Amarillo, Tx. I was living with my Dad. I was only 14 or 15 when this occured. One night, aroudn 1am, I was on the porch smoking. I just happened to look up and see this huge black mass. I called my Dad out, just as it was passing over us. We could not make out any features on it. All we could tell is that it was rectangular. It couldn't have been more then 100 yards above us. It made no sound and moved about 15mph. There where a few solid red lights on it. Maybe 5 in total, but they did not reflect of the surface. Neither did the street lights. It was like it just absorbed light. I would guess that it was about 75 yards wide and 250 yards in length. After it flew over, we just kind of stood there. I finally ran to the back yard, but it was gone.

About an hour later, I was back outside. Watching the sky. Then another one came along. It was the exact same as the first and followed the same flight path as the first. My dad came out with a camera and took several pictures. After it past by us, we jumped in the car and tried to follow it. We drove up 2 blocks then turned heading west, the same way the craft was. The street we where on should have had a clear view of it. We couldn't see anything. We even drove to the edge of town and saw nothing.

For anyone that has ever lived or been in Amarillo, you know that the land is flat and you can see for miles. Even with the city lights, it is possiable to make out the Milkyway and TONS fo stars.

From what we saw, the flight path was from east to west. About a mile north of I-40, which runs east and west.

The pictures where almost a waste of time. All of them where solid black, but one. In it you could see treetops, but no stars at all. I would think that stars would show if there wasn't something blocking them.

any thoughts??

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The 3rd UFO...

This happened at lake Greenbelt. Geenbelt is just outside of Clarendon, TX. About an hour and half south-east of Amarillo.

I was at my Grandparents lake house for the weekend. It was about 3am. Me and my uncles friend where the only ones still awake. We both where sitting in the enclosed porch. From the porch you can see the lake. Anyways, We both saw what looked like meteorite burning up on entry. This was way off on the horizon, I have no clue as to the miles. The fire was very visiable as it streaked across the horizon. It would have been going from west to east. Moving in downward arch. Then it just shot straight up and dissapeared. The whole thing took maybe 10-20 seconds.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
i m mesmerize you there is nothing you see it actually,none will believe what you says about.it just only new age lies of hytech

psssst better keep it in secret you just only make the representator much more difficult in his arriving hour

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
That made total sense

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Do you still have the pics? I mean people can do contrast changes to try and bring out features that may still be there, but that you cannot see with your naked eye. Just a thought, but if you could post them by any chance, that would be really cool to see. I've never seen any pictures of a rectangular craft.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Xyph: are you sure it wasn't just the doobie you were smoking just kicking in???

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I have no idea where those pictures are. Haven't seen them in years. I will try and find them.

As for sugeshotcha, no doobies where present during these sightings

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyph
There where a few solid red lights on it. Maybe 5 in total, but they did not reflect of the surface. Neither did the street lights. It was like it just absorbed light.

I find that interesting. And it reminds me of this [see link below]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rrr you have to buy the article now. But they sort of described the same thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It's been years since I've taken astrophotos but I might explain a little. To take picture of stars using the old film (not referring to any digital cameras here), you need to have a fast film and/or a manual shutter to leave the camera lens open while the light is exposed to the film. Just pointing and clicking a camera with a fast shutter release will probably show little if anything except street light reflecting off of the trees if that was your situation. The camera also needs to be stationary for several seconds on a mount or tripod if you don't want a blurry mess. I found by trial and error that after about 45 seconds of film exposure, stars will be visibly blurred or show movement on the film. The camera was mounted and not hand held. This effect is due to the Earth's rotation. If you want more info on how to take astrophotos just search. www.angelfire.com...

A simple method to take astrophotos is to use a camera with a manual shutter mode and a cable release lens. I used 400 speed film and to save money, I didn't immediately buy a tripod but used two pieces of wood (2 x4's) to angle my camera at the stars, then I experimented. Have fun. A tripod would have been easier I admit.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Thanks for the photo tips, but it is doubtful I will ever see another UFO.

As for the pix, I have yet to find. I am still long.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Unless you had a camera that required no flash you shouldn't have been able to take the pics if this thing absorbed light cuz most cameras require a flash to take a pic and without light it is blurry and dark so?

And did they have cameras that required no flash in 1989?

[edit on 14-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
well I gess sience you are telling about ufos you have seen ill add my three that I saw when i was younger.
I saw all three in the same year back in the 80des .The first was right near the end of a hurricane and all LOW flying air craft were grounded so I dont see how it could have been anthing but a Alian ship. It was just a sunset and the sun was just braking through the clouds.
When looking towards the west coming out of a store .All I could see was the back of the ship it was about 500 to 700 feet off the ground about a quarter mile away moving away from me .It had to what looked like engians Like the space shuttal has type .But HUGE each fifty feet high or so side by side with what looked like a tail inbetween. and i could also see wings out the sides the total size of this ship from the back was aleast 600 to 700 feet wide by 60 feet high absutily HUGE. Moving very slowly i watched it untill it was hidden by the tree line .
The second I saw was at one in the morning coming home walking towards a park I saw a BRIGHT light shining down on the trees in the park .
It was so bright it looked solid like putting twenty street lights toghter.
Anyway the light went off about two minits after i first noticed it and I got a realy GOOD after image of the ship . Then it took off over the house tops just clearing them so fast it was hard to follow. Anyway I went and found a book on ufos writen back in the 50des and it had a drawing someone did of a ufo they saw and they LOOK just alike . it was not much bigger then a small plane but looked like a flying wing bommerrang shaped but with a extera point in it.
The thride I saw was also at one in the morning me and some friends were fishing at a lake when I noticed a spot light type light shining down on me .BUT it wasent a nice friendly yellow or red or even white .
It was a DARK PUKE Green light I told my budies to look up they did and this scared the daylights out of us we took off in the car and it followed us half way back to town.
These experinces lead me to belive that one we are not alone ,two there are more then one type of alian .And three I never want to meet thoes guys who liked the puke green light.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Just an idea, but perhaps it happened to be a dense low cloud with a plane flying through it. I'm not sure how you can judge the speed of an object 700ft off of the ground and a quater of a mile away.

This could explain the light effects.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Interesting... Oddly enough, this isn't the first black triangle sighting I've heard of, and in about the same area (SW US).... Any more details you can give? Direction, how it appeared, how it left, any other peculiar feelings, smells, etc.?

top topics

join