It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Visit a Parallel Universe?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hi,

I was wondering whether you would visit a parallel universe.

If someone gave you a chance to visit a parallel universe,would you take it?

Cheers

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by aboveandbeyond

No, because it's probably a trap! They promise you a parallel universe, but then you end up stuck on some tour bus driving around the Big Bang.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reminds me of that show sliders! and it would be tempting however i wiould be afraid of getting stuck on one planet that was more scrwed than this one.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

well i like your question but to go to another dimention without mention of how to get there or how to get back
leaves a few questions other than would i
i think if it was an understood process and i could gauge the risks
then maby
but what could reside in the other dimention?
just because you can dosnt mean you should
but i would
i guess im interesting in "knowing" whats there
so yes

xploder

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It would depend which travel agency was offering it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Depends on if I could get back or not, but sure I'd give it a shot, I am curious like that.
Have you been watching Fringe?

peace,
spec

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Absolutely with no questions asked. I think it would be awesome to visit other dimensions. It would be nothing short of absolutely amazing no matter the consequences.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
OOOOO a "Fringe" question! Yes I would, in a heartbeat, what an adventure, I could also find out where that other me put the keys, when she thoughtlessly picked them up and put them down in another place!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Sees my favorite characters: Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy, and Raven from Teen Titans animated series; Taichi, Yamato, Sora, Mimi, Koushiro, Joe, Takeru, and Hikari from Digimon(02 forms in summer clothes); Spongebob, Patrick, Sandy, and Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants; Sora, Riku, Kairi, Donald, and Goofy from Kingdom Hearts(KH2 forms); Ash Ketchum, Misty, Tracey Sketchit, and Melody from Pokemon(both Ash and Misty are wearing Advanced generation outfit while Melody are from Pokemon the Movie 2000(in her street clothes with her sunglasses off)); Marco, Eri, Tarma, and Fio from Metal Slug in person

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well, yes, theoretically speaking I would. Although, if parallel universes do exist, then this is a parallel universe, relatively speaking.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

as long as i was aloud to come back then why not? seems like it may be alot of fun!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Probably not. I'm light years away from understanding what THIS universe is all about, nevermind a parallel one, what I could see there might drive me crazy. I must be in this universe, at this time, for a reason, and I don't want to go anywhere until I find out what it is.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If some of my family members died, and I didn't really have anyone else who would miss me, then I would. If it was pleasant enough and I could find edible food and some shelter, I'd stay there.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If you go into a "parallel universe" then wouldn't it cease to be "parallel"? You would just hop from one to another.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
No, I absolutely dont want to.
Though I'd really really like to visit the future......one hour is good enough.
No I like my computer able to access the future for one hour.
Lottery, man.
Second is where future disasters take place.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Without a doubt, yes.

However, I wonder what the TSA standards are going to be like on that trip!
edit on 18/1/2011 by LestatG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
After watching Fringe... nooooooo thank you!
i think i wouldn't be able to stand the "evil" version of myself!

I'd take a small peak instead, like, the "window" to the other world Walter had....
edit on 18-1-2011 by Caggy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Yeah, great idea. Visit this parallel universe in which I'm rich, powerful, sexy and brilliant, and kill myself with envy just watching myself. Or visit that parallel universe in which I'm a hopeless, starving deadbeat, and kill myself with despair at my inability to help myself.

Sounds like the perfect vacation.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
If I could come back then yes I would it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I am with Michio Kaku on this one, we do not know what a parallel universe would consist of. What if that universe has a completely dif. gravitational field that sort of thing. We could be smashed into bits while we were visiting. Not for me no thank you I do not want my atoms smashed in any way shape or form at least not yet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join