It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Please Explain Why Chemtrail Threads Have To Go In Skunk Works?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I think it's a good idea to have a Chemtrails forum.

But the question asked in the OP is why was the thread moved out of Conspiracy Theories. Isn't there a conspiracy theory regarding chemtrails? I've only scanned this thread but I don't see that actually addressed. Did I miss it?

I have had the same problem with Science and Technology. I've had two threads moved out and into Skunk Works. In my opinion, the reason was that my science and technology subjects are alternative - won't necessary be reported on Fox News or The New York Times, but I still regard them as science and technology - cutting edge, that is.

If you look at the blurb at the top of any Science and Technology thread, it reads: "Cutting edge science and future technology."

So I've been puzzled about my threads being moved, as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
for some reason here at ATS it seems its three levels below Fox Mulder's office...
So in effect, a thread moved there is generally ignored or forgotten

The perception of the Skunk Works forum is not the result of any policy mandate of ATS, but apparently the mistaken interpretation of the name. Since it's our belief that those actively researching speculative conspiracies should be well-aware of the origins of the name (Advanced Development Projects), we're not going to "dumb it down" or otherwise alter the intent.

A dedicated forum for chemical contrails has been discussed several times, and while not completely dismissed, is generally considered unnecessary at this time as the stated intent of the forum serves the topic well.
edit on 18-1-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Is there any chance at all my question could be answered? Why was the thread on chemtrails considered inappropriate for 'general conspiracies' and was therefore subsequently placed in 'skunk works'?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I'm not clear as to how you think your concern wasn't addressed... however...

After a quick look at your opening post with very limited commentary (and no conspiracy speculation) from you, a general thread on the issue of chemical contrails such as yours is appropriate for the Skunk Works forum.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Aren't chemtrails already established in public discourse as a conspiracy theory?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by purplemer

I write as the facts are presented to me, but apply a bit of common sense. The very idea that TPTB are spraying what these believers say they are is preposterous. Aside from the countless scientific and professional evidence against them the one thing that, in my opinion, debunks it the most is the fact that TPTB walk outside on a daily basis and if this stuff was in the air they too would be breathing it.

Skunk works is the ideal place for this.

Speculative = based on guesses or on a little information, not on facts.

Instead of waiting for "facts" to be presented to you, why don't you actually do some solid research on the subject instead of having to be spoon fed evidence. Why is this preposterous? Just because the "believers" are saying some crazy things doesn't mean "something" isn't being sprayed. The "believers" are simply grasping for answers as to what it is, and yes some say ridiculous things, BUT that doesn't mean Chemtrails aren't being sprayed. Countless evidence against them??? I don't think so. Prove it.
And again, who's to say Chemtrails are poisoning us??? Maybe they don't affect us at all. Maybe they do. Either way we WANT to know because it is so obvious they exist.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by wcitizen

I'm not clear as to how you think your concern wasn't addressed... however...

After a quick look at your opening post with very limited commentary (and no conspiracy speculation) from you, a general thread on the issue of chemical contrails such as yours is appropriate for the Skunk Works forum.

OK, it's clear I'm not going to get a straight answer. I've asked for an explanation as to why but I get it, you're not going to explain that.

I was told by the mod that 'chemtrails go in skunk works'. That is clearly not the case, because there are many, many chemtrail threads in other forums, and, in fact, relatively few in SW. What I and others have been wanting to understand is why this thread is deemed inappropriate for 'general conspiracies'. To reply that 'it isn't appropriate for 'general conspiracies is to not answer the question. To say 'having looked at it it's appropriate for SW' is to not answer the question.

It would have been helpful to understand why this judgement was made, what criteria apply. . It's clearly not just me who doesn't understand this and clarity would have been helpful. But, hey, you've chosen not to give an explanation so I'm not going to keep on asking. In the absence of clarity, we are left to speculate.

It's disappointing though, I thought ATS was more open to real dialogue than this.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
In defense of Overlord.... One of the mods did the moving and made up their own mind why it was moved, Overlord would delegate such responsibilities. The mods are people too and have a wide range of conspiracy beliefs. To some the idea of chemtrails is more far fetched then it would be to other mods.

Also I believe Overlord did answer the question you were seeking. It is policy to move threads that have a "lack of 'chutzpah' or mojo about them".

To avoid getting put in skunk works have more info, links, and your own writing to back up your theory instead of just posting a single video or link.

BUT....

This is a two way street and works as a balance for the mods to be held to as well.

Some of the Chemtrail threads moved to Skunkworks had AMPLE info and links.... why they were moved to skunkworks IS still a mystery. There should be a more clearly defined set of parameters for authors to see about what gets put into skunkworks.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
why they were moved to skunkworks IS still a mystery

I don't see it as a mystery at all, since -- in my mind, as well as most of our staff -- it's the most logical location for the topics.

The bigger "mystery" is how some of the contrail additive threads remain outside of Skunk Works -- possibly they've just been overlooked/missed.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Here's a non-stellar, one-of-many example, of a thread allowed to flourish under General Conspiracy. Just saying there's a dichotomy here and just trying to understand.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There is your answer wcitizen because the *gods* say so.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

ok yep fair game i understand now... a thread needs to have informative backing and dialect..._javascript:icon('
')
Then there are a lot of other threads that should be moved to the skunk works too. I have seen threads hit the front page of ats with as much spine in them as a sponge and managing to avoid getting moved. Not to slander the topics on the front page at the moment....They are all fantastic.
I had a thread closed for violiating terms and conditions where as another thread with the violations is now on the front page ats.
From this end of the looking glass such action sometimes appears polically motivated or bias....

whats good for the goose is good for the gander..

kx

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

With all respect it seems to me you are avoiding answering the question.

To me it's like the following dialogue

'Why did you park you car on the grass?'
'Because I did'
'That doesn't really answer the question'
Really, I thought it did.
Well, no, in our opinion it doesn't/
Ok, well the grass is the best place.
But why?
I've already answered the question. To me, the real question is why aren't all the cars parked on the grass.

Kind of circular, going nowhere.

edit on 18-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Because chemtrails are the work of overly paranoid fiction and have no scientific, or in fact any sort of, credability or evidence to back them up.

right and wich paranoid fictionarry book do you belong too???
ive seen chemtrails being bombed for about 10years its very very visible...
why the freak are they going to the skunk?

if you dont believe in stuff like chemtrails why are you in a conspiracy forum... to debunk??

well i guess ATS is the place for people having a paranoid self and want believe stuff thats just too criminal

it sort of seems that way

ATS is only for the wanna be.. the wanna be conpiracy clown, or the wanna be debunker idiot

GLP seems to be wacked but not as censured

Why cant ATS just accept enough proof of UFO and Chemtrails exist to make it a FACT.. not for debunking..

Could it be that ATS has no need for FACTS.. like a pot dealer has no need for legalizing

or why ???

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
PS..

ten to one that this thread is going to be closed ASAP...

any takers?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by iniut

You obviously don't know what ATS is about. It's not about wanting something to be real so much that it becomes real as fact in your mind without evidence.

It's about a search for the truth. It's about having a debate on something and getting to the bottom of the story, or pointing out the flaws in a known story so the community can pull together and come to a reasonable conclusion.

There are other reasons for this site, but one of them is not making something real just because you want it to be.

A lot of people seem to think that when they look up and see a contrail last for more than 5 minutes it must be a chemtrail, and that is simply not true.

If it wasn't for the debunkers, people would all buy the idiotic nonesense and everyone would be too paranoid to leave the house.

It's not to say that something isn't true, but without any factual evidence to back it up it's going nowhere and there is no point scaring or misinforming people.

Science, experience, research and common sense go a long way.
edit on 18/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

reply to post by iniut

You obviously don't know what ATS is about. It's not about wanting something to be real so much that it becomes real as fact in your mind without evidence.

It's about a search for the truth. It's about having a debate on something and getting to the bottom of the story, or pointing out the flaws in a known story so the community can pull together and come to a reasonable conclusion.

There are other reasons for this site, but one of them is not making something real just because you want it to be.

A lot of people seem to think that when they look up and see a contrail last for more than 5 minutes it must be a chemtrail, and that is simply not true.

If it wasn't for the debunkers, people would all buy the idiotic nonesense and everyone would be too paranoid to leave the house.

It's not to say that something isn't true, but without any factual evidence to back it up it's going nowhere and there is no point scaring or misinforming people.

classic troll strategy, attack somebody on that they dont know what ATS is about...

like you did to the OP..

so lets just forget about UFO's, Chemtrails because in opinions like yours its not possible..

even its one of the most visual of all conspiracies, lets just forget them... right...

and also lets forget about the NWO it can't be proved..

and also lets forget about contaminated water, gmo food, dying birds and bees and fish it cant be proved can it?

and lets just forget about any subject on ATS exept JFK and the other discovery channel series

why not just watch CNN, they are telling the truth... havent you heard?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

edit on 18-1-2011 by thethingreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

reply to post by iniut

and let me tell you this...

i really dont want chemtrails to be real... but they mess up my every sunny day so why should i ignore them..
i dont want UFOs to be real... but ive seen them and theyve seen me... i dont like that
i dont want corncircles to be real.. ive seen them as a kid.. long before the discovery channel etc was aired
i really just want a nice world.. but i do believe that that was last seen in the 80's
so i dont want them to be real but i sure know that they are

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thethingreally

edit on 18-1-2011 by thethingreally because: (no reason given)

are you posting the same crap from two "different" users...
talk about copy and paste??

i think you busted yourself right there buddy

i think you need to go and get a pay raise at NWO to do a better job as a debunker

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join