Can Someone Please Explain Why Chemtrail Threads Have To Go In Skunk Works?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
After more than 24 hours of a recent thread about chemtrails being in the General Conspiracy forum, a mod moved it to Skunk Works. When I questioned why, I was told all Chemtrail threads go in SW. When I asked why that was, I got the reply 'It's policy. Why does it bother you which forum it goes in'. Welcome to 1984 on ATS folks. You duz as youz told and you don't ask questions.

I did a search on threads on chemtrails, and guess what, not one of them on the first two pages of results was in skunk works.

I have to say most mods are really pleasant to deal with, but this exchange was not. Rulz is rulz was all I could get from them.

Can anyone please explain why

a0 chemtrail threads have to go in skunk works
b) why, if that's the rule, other chemtrail threads aren't transferred to SW?

I'd really appreciate something more than 'it's policy'....like something that might enable me to understand!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Threads which have no actual proof of chemtrails, go into SW as far as I know.

Anything that is actually sourced to articles and that sort of thing will usually remain in the same forum it was created in.

That's the only answer i have.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

As a polite idea I'd suggest something about the post in question wasn't exactly "spot on" so the thread has been moved to the murkey Skunk Works forum?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thanks for that reply. I'm annoyed about this, especially as the mod in question just won't explain it to me.
There are many theories which don't have actual proof, on many topics, which aren't relegated to SW...
I don't get it, but even more I don't get why the mod won't just explain it.

But thanks anyway for your reply.

Are there any mods who would be kind enough to explain this? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Because there is no such thing as chem-trails.
It is like Santa clause, the easter bunny, big foot and chupacobra.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

As a polite idea I'd suggest something about the post in question wasn't exactly "spot on" so the thread has been moved to the murkey Skunk Works forum?

Thanks for your reply.

What the mod actually said was 'chemtrail threads go in SW'....and I'd really like to understand why. All I can get is 'it's policy' - but it clearly isn't policy because there are many threads on chemtrails in other forums.

It really gets to me when someone replies with a 'rules is rules' kind of response = it's like treating people as though they were idiots. Sorry...that kind of heavy handed, authoritative response presses my buttons. Is a simple explanation too much to ask?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigO
I agree though some of the mods are on a power trip.
Like a police officer on his pathetic beat with hubris.

Chem-trails just some people just hate hearing about them.
edit on 17-1-2011 by TheBigO because: (no reason given)

I think you've hit the nail on the head. I think that's it. That's exactly what it feels like.
edit on 17-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Because there is no such thing as chem-trails.
It is like Santa clause, the easter bunny, big foot and chupacobra.

Lol, I understand that's your view, but many conspiracy theories aren't based on hard evidence, otherwise it wouldn't be a conspiracy theory, it would be conspiracy fact ... so what makes chemtrails different? I guess the mod in question doesn't believe in them! The thread has been going for more than 24 hours, all the other mods have let it be, just this current one has got all heavy about it!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Its because contrails are produced by all engines burning ordinary jet fuel at altitude and are composed of ordinary water of combustion (H20) which has been proven to be completely harmless.

That's why.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I could give two cares if people want to discuss chem-trails just because I do not believe in them does not make it taboo.

This site is no where near based on FACTS. There would be NO ATS if it was fact base.

Why are the *reptilians banged my mother* threads are not in skunk work but chem-trails are i will never know.

Thanks for that, that's exactly. my point.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Because chemtrails are the work of overly paranoid fiction and have no scientific, or in fact any sort of, credability or evidence to back them up.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
it is a fair question and really it should be answered.. have you tried contacting a super mod or sometihng...
It does not seem fair to move a thread like that and give no reason...
Is it any wonder some of the best ats memebers are no longer with us.

kx

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Because chemtrails are the work of overly paranoid fiction and have no scientific, or in fact any sort of, credability or evidence to back them up.

and everything you write about is based on hard fact....

kx

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Skunkworks is just "highly speculative" category. I don't like the name Skunkworks, and I definitely believe in chemtrails. The problem I have with putting chemtrail threads there is this. ALL topics are highly speculative, or they are not conspiracy topics. As soon as it is common knowledge and verified what is actually being sprayed then you know why as well as what, and it is no longer a conspiracy topic.
Chemtrails needs its own forum.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well what is considered evidence? Because there was a lot of it presented in that thread. Apparently mods don't go through and read all the posts and visit links of posts. Boloney.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

contrails are a mystery

chemtrails are in line behind contrails, for debate. First we must unravel the contrail mystery.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Why do you seem to believe that it's unfavorable for a topic to be in Skunk Works?

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join