It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Everything we thought of as paranormal , really just be Quantum Mechanics ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The title says it all .
I have absolutely no knowledge of Quantum Mechanics , but one of its many hypothesis , is that there are many parallel universes . what if sometimes we get a glimpse of these alternative realities , wouldn't that answer many of our questions regarding all things paranormal , religion, occult etc?

There are many people on ATS that can better explain this and I am hoping this thread will start a good debate . Please don't post one line negative answers . Bring something to the table .

Regards
edit on 17-1-2011 by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This could be true? but what about people who have intelligent in counters with these things? how could a view of another dimension be intelligent or interact?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yes it is just merely advanced scientific concepts we do not understand yet.

There is no such thing as "para-normal", if it exists - it's "normal".

Same goes with "super-natural". If it exists - it's "natural".

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yes, I believe science will continue to find what we call paranormal and or alien and the devices used to travel and communicate as quantum physics/mechanics etc.................. Science is already beginning to understand and figure out what many of us already know/feel.

This is what I was trying to add....... similar to your topic.
I have not read it, just came across it.

_javascript:hyperlink(quantumenigma.com...)

edit on 17-1-2011 by 11PB11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2011 by 11PB11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by reefdiver910
This could be true? but what about people who have intelligent in counters with these things? how could a view of another dimension be intelligent or interact?

From the point of view of a fish, "reality" is the underwater world in which it lives.

But you, the outsider from the "dry dimension" can easily stick your hand into the underwater world and grab that fish.

To the fish, they only see a hand coming out of no where.

Try to imagine us humans as the fish, and we are just seeing the hand appear out of no where.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by reefdiver910

Good question . All I can say is , If a pronton can occupy two places at the same time , why can't it happen on a grander scale ? And what if the very fabric that sometimes seperates these realities is breached and we get a glimpse of an altenative reality ? Would we not deem that paranormal ?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

From the point of view of a fish, "reality" is the underwater world in which it lives.

But you, the outsider from the "dry dimension" can easily stick your hand into the underwater world and grab that fish.

Try to imagine us humans as the fish, and we are just seeing the hand appear out of no where.

Excellent analogy

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yes, I believe that this is true. I've long wondered if this may not be the case myself. After all, the Greeks were geniuses, but they thought that lightning happened when Zeus got mad; today we know that it's simply a normal thing perfectly explainable by science.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey
what if sometimes we get a glimpse of these alternative realities , wouldn't that answer many of our questions regarding all things paranormal , religion, occult etc?

Maybe, but I doubt it because paranormal effects are belief-dependent. Our beliefs can repress it or evoke it. Therefore the mind of the experimenter is a real factor, and its one that can't be removed from the equation because mind is non-local. However science can only function if the observer and his or her mind is completely removed from the equation. So there might be an irreconcilable obstacle. Science might have limits which are defined by the paranormal and QM.
edit on 17-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Actually, I've actually sort of subscribed to that concept a few years ago. I believe that there is good reason to support it, however, it's just a belief or series of beliefs that are difficult to prove. Unless, however, we spend a little "time" to revamp the relativity theory.

This was actually a basis for a story I wrote in high school. You see, this guy was driving one night, and passed through a ghost town that was rumoured to be haunted. He saw a ghost, tried to miss hitting it, which he thought was a child. When he arrived at a diner not far down the road, he told the people of his experience. They, being locals, told him it was haunted and one day a girl was snatched up by a huge, black monster from the very street. There's a clip of a newspaper with an eyewitness drawing of this beast, whose teeth happen to resemble the grill of a 58 buick. Sure enough, they guy goes outside, looks at his car. ..grill and there in the "teeth" are a parasol and a bonnet! Dun duhn duuuhhhhhhhhhh!

Of course I wrote it think I was the next Lovecraft or King. I thought I was years ahead. . .turns out, I was about 20 years behind.

Great thread . . .perhaps I've said too much
Just realised that my signature looks like it says Divine STROKE!!!!
edit on 17-1-2011 by Divine Strake because: the rent is too damn high!

edit on 17-1-2011 by Divine Strake because: spelling, and that's it, I'm tired of being obsessive.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
An atom is made of 99.99% space/energy and .1% matter. Does this mean that our reality is 99.99% space/energy and .1% material? Does this mean we only understand .1% of our reality????

I, personally, think that all that "paranormal" stuff is the 99.99% space/energy.

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

The title says it all .
I have absolutely no knowledge of Quantum Mechanics , but one of its many hypothesis , is that there are many parallel universes . what if sometimes we get a glimpse of these alternative realities , wouldn't that answer many of our questions regarding all things paranormal , religion, occult etc?

There are many people on ATS that can better explain this and I am hoping this thread will start a good debate . Please don't post one line negative answers . Bring something to the table .

Regards

This is an awesome theory. Do you watch the show 'Fringe'? It's great.

Personally I have had several 'paranormal' experiences. I have always been fascinated by the prospect of other dimensions. Also fascinating, wormholes. Stephen Hawking has several things on this, very interesting:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.pbs.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

This is very similar to Kafka's "Investigations of a Dog", essential reading when pondering on the nature of our universe.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

The important thing to remember is that they are simply different conceptualizations of the very same thing.

as muzzle said, there is no "para" normal, or "super" natural. It simply is.

Lucky for us, we get the short time to be a part of all that, no matter how it is individually conceptualized.

Quantum mechanics will be coming into greater light and understanding as certain works are released and peer reviewed. Keep your eyes out

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The title says it all .

I subscribe to my "Universal Weirdness Theory", which suggests that all of this stuff will eventually be reconciled by what we describe or observe as QM. I may be sourcing my data rectally, but it is the only thing that seems to make any sense.

S&F for agreeing with me, though...clever lad that you are.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Dont know if your english buddy, but ive just watched a program on the box , about that same thing quantum mechanics. It seems to make a lot of sense, and just as we can not see are other dimensional selfs, it would stand to reason they can not see us also. Unless perhaps in a quick glance of a ghostly image, if so it would put a whole new spin on the paranormal ghost sightings. I think it was aristottle who said, one day science and religion will meet.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Whitbit

Yes I love " Fringe " especially Walter . What a brilliant piece of casting .

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogertom
Dont know if your english buddy, but ive just watched a program on the box , about that same thing quantum mechanics. It seems to make a lot of sense, and just as we can not see are other dimensional selfs, it would stand to reason they can not see us also. Unless perhaps in a quick glance of a ghostly image, if so it would put a whole new spin on the paranormal ghost sightings. I think it was aristottle who said, one day science and religion will meet.

Yes , I am and I watched it too and I used it to inspire this thread.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

You did right its a good thread, its seems to me anyway to make a lot more sense than life after death.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
i wud say yes. although impossibe to expain with logic quantum mechanics in some respects makes the world a much simplier place...

kx

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join