It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother Blimps...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
"A proposed unmanned floating airship surveillance system is being hailed by city officials in Ogden, Utah as one way to fight crime in its neighborhoods.

'We believe it will be a deterrent to crime when it is out and about and will help us solve crimes more quickly when they do occur,' Ogden City Mayor Matthew Godfrey told Reuters.

The airship entails military technology now available to local law enforcement, he said."

edit on 17-1-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I don't like the idea. I wouldn't be able to help giving it the finger and sticking my tongue out at it. I imagine it will be mooned by quite a bit of drunken folk as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Wow Utah? Isnt that the new site for Homeland Security compound, Oh i mean Complex

Whats sad is it does not surprise me

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Its not as bad as the total camera surveillance in Lond and the city of london.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I think this shows a lack of funds. Blimps are cheaper than Helicopters. Not to good for keeping an eye on those fleeing the cops I'm thinking. I'm gonna have to polish up my dog and pony show for the powers that be since they will be watching.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
"open your mind"

and spread your cheeks

still it's preferable to: "here comes a chopper to chop off your head"

yep definitely cheaper, and the little inventor-ho has found himself a nice little niche.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
We in Britain have more surveillance cameras than any other country for our safety, that's a joke in itself. If a crime has been committed and they look at the camera evidence the images are seldom clear enough to identify 1 peron alone.
However if some affray is happening the police are there straight away if it is in any way against *the establishment.
So you can be raped and not caught but go against the government and they are on your back immediately, some safety huh

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
They're worried about mans ability to develop kinetic mind powers.

Rightfully so.

you go ahead and have your blimp in the meantime.

new topics

top topics

join