It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If no one wants to fight for what they believe how will we ever win?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

It seems more and more people are complaceant. I keep wondering is the same society that really fought for so many things.I am talking about the USA because this is where I live. If someone is in a different country I still hope you fight for what you believe in. In the 1700s we fought for our freedom from Great Britain; in the 1800s we freed a whole race of people. In the 1900s women fought for their right to vote. IN the 1960s there was a whole spirit of revolution yet right now when we need worse than ever in history there is little fight. I don't believe in voilence but where are protests, the speakers like Martin Luther King, the freedom fighters.
Everyone needs to fight for what they believe in or there is no point at all to our society. Societies are constantly evoloving and changing. There is no such thing as a fixed system but an evolving one.
I speak my mind a lot and I get in trouble from time to time. I speak up against businesses and even the government. I have had a police officer threaten to pull a gun out on me because I told her she could not talk to me like that.
I am sick of taking the burden on by myself I need help.

edit on 17-1-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Na i am going to be passive all my life, and its the only way.

Violence is rubbish, and your attitude is wrong. The way i see it is, let the world have as much scum as it wants. If your a good person and it does not want you, so what, just live your life, let the world and its scum enjoy all the rubbish and they made the world a rubbish place to live.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

No my attitude is not wrong at all. I am not for voilence at all. I am for changing the system speaking out. How is that in anyway shape or form wrong? Maybe you misunderstand me.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Everybody's too scared to fight .

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Wait if none of those things above happened we would live in a soceity controlled by another country. African Americans would still be slaves and women would not be able to vote?
How are those things wrong? If we just blend in and shut up we stop our society from evolving and changing. We need change to grow.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker

Wait if none of those things above happened we would live in a soceity controlled by another country. African Americans would still be slaves and women would not be able to vote?
How are those things wrong? If we just blend in and shut up we stop our society from evolving and changing. We need change to grow.

What is it that WE need to change? What is it that WE need to fight for?

The problem is that there are different WEs with different ideas and ideologies. Some people are united in regressing much of the above social change that you have mentioned. When you say no one is willing to fight anymore, think about it, I mean truly think about it.
Here in America the problem is not that WE don't fight, its that WE don't UNITE, everyone every group is fighting their own battle!

edit on 17-1-2011 by packinupngoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Who is we? What are they fighting for? And how will their/our win benefit me?

I do argue/fight for what I believe in, but how do I know we believe in the same thing, or even that you or I or third person is even right?

Personally, I am a great advocate of compromise and diplomacy, and I think that through the discussion we can accomplish great things. Doesn't mean the discussion won't be heated, but as long as all voices are heard we can move ahead.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

You will not change the system by getting people to listen as people will ignore what you say, they just want to live.

The ptb have the bread and circuses down to at, and people for most part just want there genitals fondled, and to eat and they are happy.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

But it was the ptb that changed it, with there dream of a nwo. They want that nwo, its not a thing dreamed up by others, but the ptb believe in it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
One does not need violence to fight.. Violence solves nothing - only adds to the misery in the world.. There are much better ways of standing for whats right without resorting to violence.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It's quite simple, everyone is waiting for everyone else.

If everyone refused to work until 'ENTER YOUR IDEAL HERE' happened, it would happen pretty quick and nobody could get into any sort of legal trouble for it....if 5 people do it nothing happens.

If the whole country showed up to oust the countries leader, they couldn't be stopped. If 5 people do it, they're not gonna have any chance.

Everyone keeps waiting for everyone else, which stops anything ever happening.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by StevenDye

If everyone refused to work until 'ENTER YOUR IDEAL HERE' happened, it would happen pretty quick and nobody could get into any sort of legal trouble for it....if 5 people do it nothing happens.

If the whole country showed up to oust the countries leader, they couldn't be stopped. If 5 people do it, they're not gonna have any chance.

Well, I live in the US, I don't know about you or anyone else, but as I see people will not act on anything so long as they are comfortable. I know there have been hard times for a lot of people, but I have yet to hear of food shortages, mass rates in homelessness, etc. When the people are hungry and cold they will act, until then everyone keeps plugging along the best way they can.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Na americans will not do anything either way.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Simple solution take peoples televisions and their big macs away and then they will fight but not for freedom only for the things they love which is not freedom seriously people are so out of focus and have lost connectivity with each other its no wonder people don't care ..

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
humans have a hive mentallity, those in power encourage this. the nail that sticks out gets hit with a hammer.
as long as people can put food on the table and have retarded tv shows to watch, we wont rock the boat.
its easy to talk about revolution, much harder to start one.
i think hunger will always be the trigger, but food is fast and cheap, so tptb ran rest for now.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by StevenDye

steve here has the right idea. The fed loes people who work overtime for they take even more from you. my thoughts hae always been that any time you work more than your 40 hr work week it should be tax free!! but we see the opposite. Anyway you can cost the federal goernment money is sure to usher in the downfall that much sooner, GLAD CHINA IS REPLACEING THE DOLLAR AS THE NEW WORLD CURRENTCY
We deserve it all as a country. Too bad us citizens have to suffer along with the elete. But thats called being honest.

new topics

top topics

join