It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excessive Thread Closing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Now, I realize sometimes you all have to close threads sometimes to avoid potential drama, but this seems to be a bit excessive.

Example: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, as I see it, the guy was being extremely respectful. While understanding that, as I reiterate, you do have to stop the drama before it starts; this is something that could have been discussed to further address the issue to other members that have experienced it.

Also, I understand some things are private matters, and should be directly discussed with the acting moderator in private. Still...

-B

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I agree. Most of the time we aren't even given a reason.

What is worse is when threads gets 404'ed. Makes me suspicious of ATS.

btw: inb4 404.

edit on 17-1-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

The 404 means it has been trashed. There is a private forum for them that contains the trashed threads. The 404 is because we don't have the permissions to view it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Threads asking why threads were closed will always be closed themselves. Only the person who made the thread that was closed is told why.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
As you mentioned...
If a thread is closed, the best thing to do is contact staff and not start a thread about a closed thread.

Anytime a thread is closed - the OP of that thread is told why.

Thread closed.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Looking at the Staff Reply/Closure:

You would have received a message about the thread move. The name of the moderator that moved the thread will be in the message. Best is to contact the moderator directly for more information. Alternatively you can use the Complaint feature under tools to ask about the thread move.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

While I certainly appreciate that some threads may well be closed pretty quickly...just reading that Staff Reply it would seem that its provided the most direct/appropriate means of actually getting an answer to the persons question, from the actual Staff member who was responsible for removing their thread.

Every thread move - be it from forum to forum, or removal from the boards, has an individual reason.
The best way of finding out what that specific reason/rationale was would be to query it with the specific Moderator concerned.

I also acknowledge that the OP was being extremely respectful...and believe me we appreciate that...its a fair bit better than some of the other responses/queries we receive with extremely *flavoursome* language and all manner of accusations.

I do hope that the OP contacts the specific Moderator, or alternatively the specific Moderator contacts them to further explain why.

new topics

top topics

join