It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Caught On Camera Kicking Puppy Jailed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Why in the world would you kick puppy. That is animal cruety at its worst.A animal is to be kept as a pet not to kick and hurt.Unfortunely these kind of thinges happen all the time which is sad, but true.Some people are so careless about animals.Shame on you for kicking a defenceless animal and I hope you think about what you have done because you are a careless human being

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
there are four pages of this, i have not read one post after that link, and will not read. i'm so sick for that video. i would love all to hell to put a collar on the guy and pull him around a few times and kick him. bet you all to hell that he will not raise his foot towards ANYTHING when i get done with him. thats why i think killing stupid people should be legal

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
If he treats the puppy like this out in public, how does he treat it at home behind closed doors? I am sure more went on here than we actually know. 8 weeks in jail seems fair enough to me.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Ok, dont get me wrong, what this guy did was disgusting. If someone kicked my dog I'd probably lose it and go after them with a golf club or something. But jail? This shows how low down the order of importance humans are compared with everything else on this world! Humans are less important than dogs, thats what I see here. If you disagree, which were you more concerned with in this case, the dogs physical health, or the man's mental health?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
the replies from ITG's and geniuses who don't understand why animal cruelty should be met with jail sentences make me sad.

if a person is so far down on the evolutionary scale that they can't grasp the importance of standing up for a near-defenseless little life that is abused by the very person it depends upon for food, water & shelter, i pity them.

if a person is so lacking in intelligence that they don't understand mankind is progressing as a race, and recognizing animals rights is a natural course of events, man i feel sorry for them.

i suspect these Internet Tough Guys and geniuses are the same people who can't wait for the STHTF, as they welcome the excuse and opportunity to simply be the worse person they can be.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
So when someone kicks a puppy the whole world comes to a halt, but when someone kills an african child or an afghani girl gets raped and killed its just war? You folks have your priorities wrong. Even though it inst right to kick an animal, a human beings life is more important. If I had to kick a puppy to feed a starving African child, I will be kicking them all day long.

What are you talking about? If I think animal cruelty is wrong I automatically support war and the killing of raping of innocent people? By what sort of logic?

Maybe human lives are more important, but should we allow animal cruelty to happen and go unpunished because people are suffering in wars? Why?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HanoverFat If you disagree, which were you more concerned with in this case, the dogs physical health, or the man's mental health?

I don't think the mans Mental Health issues are in question here , the guy is simply a Thug.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
If I'd seen him do it I think he would have been glad to do 8 weeks because I can honestly say I would have kicked the absolute crap out of him.

Other than that the stocks seems like a half decent idea.

Damned straight!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Man Caught On Camera Kicking Puppy Jailed

news.sky.com

A man who was caught on camera viciously kicking a puppy has been sentenced to eight weeks in custody and disqualified from owning animals for five years.Shock footage shows Kent yanking the young dog by its lead and delivering at least two kicks that knocked the animal off its feet.

He was apparently angered when the puppy urinated on him and would not walk properly on a lead.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.allvoices.com
www.thesun.co.uk
edit on 17-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Wow, if the Brits got as worked up about their kids as they do their mutts then perhaps illegal muslim immigrants wouldn't be raping little girls.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

What?

I would like you to clarify that statement, but I think I will regret it. I am not expecting anything particularly intelligent in response.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
SO let me get this straight....

You can be jailed for weeks for kicking a puppy, but the people who arrested him can smash your head into a wall and put you into a coma and they are suspended from work with pay for a couple weeks.

I can not stand people who abuse animals, but something is really screwed up with our priorities.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by HexagonSun
I don't like how authorities pick and choose which animals need protecting.

What if you kick a rat or mouse? Oh that's OK because they're "pests"..

It doesn't actually matter. Causing unecceary suffering when dealing with "pests" such as wild rats or mice is illegal. It doesn't matter if the animals are pets or not. If you are dealing with a legally recognised pest, you have to deal with it humanely.

Originally posted by HexagonSun
Animal cruelty is animal cruelty. No cherry picking.

Indeed and no one is,. Not entirely sure what your point is.

You don't think there is a difference in how certain animals are treated? Let me ask you this. Two methods for trapping mice. A mouse trap. A devise that has a piece of steel slam down on there head, crushing it, snapping their necks and worse. Glue traps. A device that the mouse walks onto and gets trapped, where it will slowly starve to death and suffer.

Now, imagine if some one did that to a dog or cat... Do you think people would freak out more over that dog and cat? I sure do.... Bottom line there is a double standard for animal cruelty. The ugly ones no one cares about, but god forbid you hurt a cute one....

That is his point... There is a double standard in animal cruelty cases... Animals such as mice are in fact trapped inhumanely every day around the world....But if some one were to crush a dogs head or snap it's neck or throw it on a giant glue trap where it would slowly starve to death... People would be in an uproar no? Cherry picking my friend...... It happens every day.

That said, considering this guys previous robber record, it is no wonder he got 8 weeks. So often animal cruelty penalties are a slap on the wrist... If he had not been charged with robbery in the past he would have gotten off much easier for his crime....
edit on 22-1-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Er, one story (this one about the Puppy) is from the UK and the other one (the story about the Police slamming that head) is from the US. So, rather than our priorities being wrong, it is you who has the countries wrong! Totally different laws, culture and way of doing things. Contrary to popular belief, the UK is nothing like the US.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Actually, there are strict laws in the UK about killing any verterbrate animal. May I suggest you go look uop the Animal Welfare Act 2006.

www.legislation.gov.uk...

A man was recently convicted for trapping and drowning a squirrel in his graden. He got a £1500 fine, even though he believed the drowning to have been humane.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

A mouse trap would be deeemd to be "humane", as death is instant, but starvation via a glue trap would be "cruel". It is well worth actually reading the Law before mounting the high horse and claiming some animals are treated better than others. They are not.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

reply to post by MrWendal

Er, one story (this one about the Puppy) is from the UK and the other one (the story about the Police slamming that head) is from the US. So, rather than our priorities being wrong, it is you who has the countries wrong! Totally different laws, culture and way of doing things. Contrary to popular belief, the UK is nothing like the US.

actually I do not have my countries wrong. I am fully aware that this incident happened in the UK and the guy who was shoved into a wall was in Seattle Washington, USA. Maybe it is you who has failed to notice that police tend to get a free pass regardless of what they do. Corruption within the ranks of the police is global, but if you choose to tell yourself differently, then feel free to lie to yourself.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Actually, there are strict laws in the UK about killing any verterbrate animal. May I suggest you go look uop the Animal Welfare Act 2006.

www.legislation.gov.uk...

A man was recently convicted for trapping and drowning a squirrel in his graden. He got a £1500 fine, even though he believed the drowning to have been humane.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

A mouse trap would be deeemd to be "humane", as death is instant, but starvation via a glue trap would be "cruel". It is well worth actually reading the Law before mounting the high horse and claiming some animals are treated better than others. They are not.

Hmm, doesn't the UK also have laws about gender discrimination? Let's see, some chick tortures a bunch of puppies to death= probation. A guy kicks a singular puppy once and goes to jail for 8 weeks.

Our(Western) society is no different then the so called "barbaric" Islamic societies. The only difference in our justice systems is that in their women are treated more harshly and in ours men are treated more harshly.
Either way both systems deserve to fall and the societies(and the people that they are composed of) that enable such bigotry need to fall as well.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join