It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist Warn California Could Be Struck By Winter SuperStorm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Scientist Warn California Could Be Struck By Winter SuperStorm

news.yahoo. com

A group of more than 100 scientists and experts say in a new report that California faces the risk of a massive "superstorm" that could flood a quarter of the state's homes and cause $300 billion to $400 billion in damage. Researchers point out that the potential scale of destruction in this storm scenario is four or five times the amount of damage that could be wrought by a major earthquake.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Found this interesting as it is almost something like something you would hear on here in the predictions center. I wonder what is up with this though. It does throw more fuel into the fire about all the weird happenings as of late. I would like to read more about this and see what you all think. So thought I would share it!

news.yahoo. com
(visit the link for the full news article)

It sounds like the plot of an apocalyptic action movie, but scientists with the U.S. Geological Survey warned federal and state emergency officials that California's geological history shows such "superstorms" have happened in the past, and should be added to the long list of natural disasters to worry about in the Golden State.

Thought that line was interesting as its almost like they are preparing for the questions of what caused this by preempting that it has happened before.
edit on 1/17/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I already posted a thread about this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
someone beat ya to it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Thread closed. Please continue at the thread already posted.

top topics

join