It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Fate & Destiny, you have no control over.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I looked and couldn't find another thread quite like this, and where I want to go with it. If there is, I couldn't find it.

The question is, do you believe in fate and destiny? Do you believe you have control of what you'll do in the future or is it already written in stone? Is your future already laid out? I have the answer, I would just like some of your feedback on this and I'll tell you what I mean when I say I already have the answer. Thanks!

Simply put, if you don't know what you were gonna do, then you were always gonna do, what you were always gonna do. I understand the feeling we all want to feel like we have control over our actions, but do we really? The only way you were not going to do something is if you could see the future and change it. Otherwise, you were always gonna do it no matter how much we want to believe we had control of decisions.
edit on 17-1-2011 by 11PB11 because: Forgot the rest.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

Three in a bed. No, two. Wait, who am I?
Do you understand this??

edit on 17-1-2011 by iamahumandoing because: smiley face

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by iamahumandoing

Understand what? the question I asked?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I've always said your whole life is mapped out and you just have to live it out. Whatever happens, happens, you cant change it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I always think its half half. You have destiny but how you get there can be different paths.

One thing i am absolute about is, i am never having anything to do with females ever. What ever fate had in store, i will not have anything to do with that stuff.

So you can change stuff, but of course there is some purpose.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulos
I've always said your whole life is mapped out and you just have to live it out. Whatever happens, happens, you cant change it.

I think you can, but i think its half half.

My life went in this direction as uk gov and police wanted my life destroyed for no reason, i am glad they helped me in my cause for being alone.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I believe that Ever life is planned out for many differnt end results depending on the choices you make at crossroads of you life.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I added this to the OP because I forgot earlier. But doesn't this makes sense and seem completely logical?

Simply put, if you don't know what you were gonna do, then you were always gonna do, what you were always gonna do. I understand the feeling we all want to feel like we have control over our actions, but do we really? The only way you were not going to do something is if you could see the future and change it. Otherwise, you were always gonna do it no matter how much we want to believe we had control of decisions.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Yes, everything is fated and destined to happen.

Nobody knows what's destined to happen, until after the events have occurred. Thankfully, otherwise it would just get boring !

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenAlpha
I believe that Ever life is planned out for many differnt end results depending on the choices you make at crossroads of you life.

But those crossroads you think you came across were always gonna be there and you were always gonna react to them the same way, the only you wouldn't have reacted differently is if you knew what you were gonna do. So we must have no control over our decisions due to the fact that we never know what we were gonna do because we can't see the future.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

I personally think that we are here to live uniquely, like everyone else, as soon as every single action that is possible for us to do is done, this will happen...

Ahem, anyways as I was saying...

From a logical point of view as a species if we do have purpose whilst on this planet right now, I think every single persons destiny is to be different from each other if that makes sense. Maybe the purpose is to create almost infinite choice, thoughts (knowledge) from the finite lives we have.

There are lots of angles you could look at this though, not just a blanket question that has an easy answer.
edit on 17-1-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

I understand what you are saying, but i have to disagree, and this is why, i am not the person that i was when i was a child, my journey though life has changed almost ever aspect of the way i see things in life and actions that i took in certain situations as a child i would never do Those things again based on the result of those actions that were a result of my actions as a child.

Therefore if i would have made a different choice i would not have the outlook i do now on life.

We are who are based on our lifes journey, and the choices we Made.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

Sorry for being cryptic there. We just need to realise we're part of the matrix projected by satellites through to the Iridium layer of the Earth. Then we can start having different experiences. Destiny (as we think of it) can't quite exist because of the cyclical nature of things. It's just good and bad, light and dark. Then there's the realisation of good and bad within ourselves (what the soul observes). And so on..........

That's my take on it anyway :/
edit on 17-1-2011 by iamahumandoing because: extra info

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

Right, I understand what youre saying, although is it not fair to say that we were always gonna do what we were always gonna do because the only way not to is if we actually knew what we were gonna do originally.

I see what your saying that each choice you made creates a different future therefore does alter what you were gonna do but... For example, you think you know what your gonna do tomorrow, go to work, etc. But what about all the little decisions throughout the day that you don't know what youre gonna do. Those things you were always gonna do the same thing with always... unless you knew what you were gonna do and change it. That's how life is but on a larger scale.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
But the greatest thing about life, Is Free Will, and the ability to believe what ever we want, thats the beauty of it, only You can say what is right for you, And nobody else, In the Bible it says Do not Judge, causyour life is not mine, and Vise versa.

It is just my opinion that we relive our life over and over till we get it right, and once we do we will come to understand our purpose in life Or if you Will (Ascension) as it is Writin in the bible, we are Made in the IMAGE of God, and we our his children, and if you have kids this is easier to understand, cause as a parent we make sure our Children have a Good understanding of life before we send them out into the real world....

Just my view on life

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

Or maybe Just Maybe, Life is just a complete random event that inner twines with other peoples lives and that is why things happen the we didnt plan on.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

If you have ever experienced how weird stuff is, you will know things are not random. Beyond our control yes, but not random.

I bet some people on this planet have had absolutely freaky experiences, which could never be explained ever.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have to agree..... I see the future like a design screen(thingy) that people use for crocheting. Whatever those are called. Its already there and laid out, it just hasn't materialized until we live it. Thats why we can see the future, well some ppl can, but can't go to it. Because it hasn't actually happened even though its there just waiting to happen.

That doesn't take away from the surprise that life gives us though, it can't, because we don't know what it is. Think about it, even though the future is laid out, it's almost more exciting knowing that you don't know whats gonna happen tomorrow, but its already laid out. Its exciting to think about, what will happen to me tomorrow. Still exciting.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

Well i disagree but respect your Opinion on the matter, Have a nice day

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Ditto! and you too!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join