It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swiss MPs urge US diplomats ouster

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Swiss MPs urge US diplomats ouster

www.presstv.ir

Angry Swiss lawmakers have called for the ouster of US diplomats implicated in an illegal surveillance program in Switzerland.

The call comes a day after the Swiss Ministry of Justice said it was investigating reports that the US embassy in Geneva has been conducting illegal surveillance on Swiss territory, according to the Associated Press.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Reports say that US diplomats have been monitoring some citizens' actions -- including allegedly taking pictures of street demonstrations and of people deemed to pose security risks, sparking a wave of anti-American sentiment.

So now the United States is spying on the Swiss in Switzerland? And exactly what right are we given to perform such spying activities? None I presume or the Swiss MP's wouldn't be trying to kick out diplomats our of their country.

Besides business and banking what issue could the United States have with the most neutral nation in the world? There is obviously a reason we are spying on the Swiss even though the reason will obviously pathetic and illegal.

I guess the US has just decided to start spying on everyone. Hey Europeans no need to worry about your government's taking your freedom we have big enough government to do that for all of us.

*For all those who do not trust or dislike PressTV I have provided a Yahoo link as well*

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1/17/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
well it looks like anti american sentiment is rife... I expect to see more of this kind of thing as there power continues to wayne..
karma is coming home..

kx

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

"Angry Swiss lawmakers have called for the ouster of US diplomats implicated in an illegal surveillance program in Switzerland. "

That's fair, maybe we should boot all the foreign diplomats in the US who are supposedly working at the UN while spying for other countries as well. Not to mention all the unpaid legal bills and crimes done with Diplomatic immunity.

Karma is a bitch

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I guess the US has just decided to start spying on everyone.

reply to post by Misoir

Misoir - Countries spy on each other, that is the way of the world.

edit on 17-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Misoir

Misoir - Countries spy on each other, that is the way of the world.

just because something is the status quo does not make it correct. With your attitude things would never change. It may be the way of your world but it is not the way of mine...
kx

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Well, it may not be the way of your world but then, you aren't one of the world's governments, now are you? If there is going to be a discussion about countries spying on others, we need to keep it real, wouldn't you agree? It does not change anything, to discuss a Utopia that doesn't currently exist.

edit on 17-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Misoir

"Angry Swiss lawmakers have called for the ouster of US diplomats implicated in an illegal surveillance program in Switzerland. "

That's fair, maybe we should boot all the foreign diplomats in the US who are supposedly working at the UN while spying for other countries as well. Not to mention all the unpaid legal bills and crimes done with Diplomatic immunity.

Karma is a bitch

Yes, do the world a favour, sever links with them all.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

I'd love to see the US leave the bogus institution called the UN.
Hell, I'd love to see the US pull out of NATO as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Seriously, if there is going to be a discussion about countries spying on others, we need to keep it real, wouldn't you agree

Is this keeping it real?

Countries spy on each other, that is the way of the world.

It did not tone for a serious discussion. It seemed more of a bend over and take it kinda attitude.
some countries spy a lot more than others and interferre in the affairs of other countries far too much.
These fracas are causing far more problems than they our solving. There is accountablity in action
which has nothing to do with utopia....

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I would love to see the usa pull out of nato too. they are more of an interferrence than an asset if truth be told.
It was america that allowed the genocide in Kosovo to occur because they never wanted there troops on the ground.
Instead they bombed and made matters worse on the ground. This action greaty exacibated the genocide.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

My first post (which wasn't directed to you, btw) was in response to this quote of the OP:

I guess the US has just decided to start spying on everyone.

I am not disputing accountability, I am disputing the perception being portrayed that the US is the only one playing this game... To focus on one, is to discount the others and that is distorting the truth.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
I would love to see the usa pull out of nato too. they are more of an interferrence than an asset if truth be told.
It was america that allowed the genocide in Kosovo to occur because they never wanted there troops on the ground.
Instead they bombed and made matters worse on the ground. This action greaty exacibated the genocide.

YUP, We should have stayed out of Europe's present day problems. I say the next time the EU has an internal problem we should mind our business and let the EU handle it all by themselves.

No matter how much they ask....

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'd love to see the US leave the bogus institution called the UN

With you continual disgrard for international law and starting
starting two illegal wars and a continual disragard of international law i think a lot of people see you more as a plastic member atm...

kx

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

YUP, We should have stayed out of Europe's present day problems. I say the next time the EU has an internal problem we should mind our business and let the EU handle it all by themselves. No matter how much they ask..

the eu is more than capable of handling its own problems. we had a legal obligation to use nato and therein was the hinderence...

kx

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Why would the US spy on my country?

The new recipe of Lindor balls?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I am not disputing accountability, I am disputing the perception being portrayed that the US is the only one playing this game... To focus on one, is to discount the others and that is distorting the truth

Who said that the usa was the only country spying.. I cant see that anywere in this thread. It sounds like you are being a litte over defensive here. The reason this is being focused on is because it has just been exposed. It is news and therefore worthy of discusion.
and cmom.... how much does the usa spend on defense compared to the rest of the world... defense incudes spying... they are the biggest player..

kx

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I'd love to see the US leave the bogus institution called the UN.

Wouldn't be such a bogus institution if not for all the Veto powers used by the US and others..
The Veto vote is a direct attack on democracy and one of the big reasons the UN is a failure..

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
well, something was bound to happen that was why the current administration mentioned it would be changing the old guard in it's diplomatic outposts for the new guard chosen by the current administration, for me that part is quite telling if true.

Imagine being able to replace all those people for your people.. can't help but think it a nice move.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Wouldn't be such a bogus institution if not for all the Veto powers used by the US and others..
The Veto vote is a direct attack on democracy and one of the big reasons the UN is a failure..

Well that means stripping Russia, China and a few others of it as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join