It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do "special people" love?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
well i was watching law and order today and i saw these two retarded people got married, or "special people need special care" if you will. does that happen in real life? do they have the same emotion as you and I?

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Of course they do. Every living thing loves, even animals and plants.

Show me a living thing that doesn't love to some degree and I'll eat my mouse pad.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm
Show me a living thing that doesn't love to some degree and I'll eat my mouse pad.

Sea squids on the bottom of the ocean.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'm sure even THOSE love, Agent lol

The love other sea squids.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
sea squids??? dude, obviously you know nothing. sea squids are horny bastards...every X rated movie, guess who the writers are? you guessed it : sea squids.

OF COURSE special people love...havent you seen "The Other Sister"?

"We're gonna get MARRIED!" Ilove that movie. But for real, I have seen retarded people in love before.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I am Sam...simply...I am Sam.

He loved his wife and got married...and he loved his daughter.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
If you've ever seen a guy with down syndrome around his mother, you'll see they have love... trust me... its quite touching... as for loving non-family members... i dont see why not

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I'm positive they have the same emotions too, but I heard a saying once:

You'll never see a retarded Athiest.

Not sure exactly what that was meant to imply, but I took it as a measure of the incredible depth of emotion and/or faith that the mentally handicapped must have to endure life in this world at all.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There was a mommy manitee and her offspring in the water up in the canadian territories (national explorer tv)

It almost looked like she was teaching him how to swim or maybe she was holding her/him because she loved him/her...

Then a bastard native stuck an arrow through the baby and tried to drag it to the boat, the mom wouldn't let go of her baby and was dragging along with it, eventually the baby got taken from the mommy and you could tell she was really sad... She was holding on to it for dear life, I don't think i'll ever forget that image.

It really broke my heart...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
I am Sam...simply...I am Sam.

He loved his wife and got married...and he loved his daughter.

i LOVE that movie!!! me and my friend was watching it, and she could just not stop crying

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
No offense but that has to be one of the dumbnest questions ive ever read. The only ones who do not love are the psychopath killers.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
No offense but that has to be one of the dumbnest questions ive ever read. The only ones who do not love are the psychopath killers.

No asexuals dont

And yes such things exist as shown by Somethingawful's canvasing of message boards.

[Edited on 14-7-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

well according to kayem, everything that lives must love to some certain degree. phsyco killers loves to kill people
. well i do think physco killers do have love, we all start out as an innocent little baby. but as we grow up, that's what affect us. yes they do have love, they're just deny a chance to love lwithout breaking the law. well if i am wrong, at least kayem will eat her mouse pad.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Asexuals dont like sex, that doesnt mean they cant love.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

Then a bastard native stuck an arrow through the baby and tried to drag it to the boat, the mom wouldn't let go of her baby and was dragging along with it, eventually the baby got taken from the mommy and you could tell she was really sad... She was holding on to it for dear life, I don't think i'll ever forget that image.

It really broke my heart...

Circle of life.....

Happens all the time....

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
THAT QUESTION IS THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER READ!

The answer to this question is yes, of course they love I mean look at it this way, imagine a man and a lady have been together for about 10 years and are deeply in love then something terrible happens and she becomes handicapped, does that mean the love they had suddenly disappears without a trace, um I don�t think so. I am not trying to sound like a b*stard but that question has really p*ssed me off. I apologise if it really was an honest question and you are not just messing around but for god�s sake is it not common sense that EVERYBODY can experience love. "Special people� as you so affectionately put are very affectionate and caring people so of course they love.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I used to be a cottage parent at a State School for 7 teenage girls who were mentally handicapped and epileptic. We had parties for the older children and they did have romantic relationships and attractions; that's why they were put on the pill so they wouldn't get pregnant. They're human.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2009
well i was watching law and order today and i saw these two retarded people got married, or "special people need special care" if you will. does that happen in real life? do they have the same emotion as you and I?

If I am thinking of the same episode, that was a realistic portrayal.

The most realistic portion however was the girl having to prove herself to her own parents.

You asked if they have "the same emotion". The emotions are the same. But their expression of emotions are more "pure" than "normal people". When they are angry, they let you know. When they are happy they let you know. They do not tend to hide their emotions and pretend to be other than what they are.

A "normal person" could learn a great deal about emotions, in particular love, by working with a child with special needs.

By the way, there were a few posters that said this was a stupid question. I disagree, there are no dumb questions if they are asked in a sincere search to dispel ignorance.

Take care.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
[Edited on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Of course they do. My younger brother is, how did you put it..."special", and he is the most lovable person Ive ever met. I think he even has a special gf at his school, they walk around and hold hands and stuff, its adorable. Havent you ever seen Benny and June?

Kayem, how about the single-celled amoeba?

...would you like some ketchup with that mousepad?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join