It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norovirus Outbreaks Reported In Twin Cities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Norovirus Outbreaks Reported In Twin Cities

minnesota.cbslocal.com

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Norovirus has reared its ugly head once again. The illness, also known as the Norwalk Virus, is a gastro-intestinal bug that is common this time of year.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Maybe nothing but it seems like "out-breaks" are becoming a common occurance. Justs a heads up to ATS, also of interest is that my wife works at these care facilities and she says it spread faster than anything she has ever seen and facilities that are not even related to one another are having out-breaks as well.

minnesota.cbslocal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by iamgodtron

Thats because that is what this virus does. It spreads quickly. Me and my family had it a few weeks ago, nothing to serious, just alot of vomitting and feeling crap. In both the kids schools, hundreds of kids went off sick over the 2 week period before Christmas.

No conspiracy here, it's a winter virus, has always been a winter virus and always comes in winter. Seeing as it's winter, no shock there.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yep its quite a nasty virus and does spread like wild fire.
I worked in a hospital for 3yrs. It was horrendous, staff were dropping like flies. Everyone had it eventually. I think once its out there its unstoppable. It only takes someone not to wash there hands and its every were. I try and avoid public transport when things like this rear there ugly head!

And yes it is a regular thing now a days in the winter months.
edit on 17/1/11 by boo1981 because: Add info

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Thanks dude, but I was not beating the drum of a conspiracy. Just posting news.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
We get sudden rapid outbreaks of norovirus in the UK too. Every winter without fail! It's probably because we spent a lot more time in confined spaces in the cold weather but also more people are admitted to hospital in the winter for various reason so it will spread very easily to people already ill with something else. Central heating plays a part too as it dries out your airways meaning there is little to resist it entering your system.
It's a nasty virus but just one of those things.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Where's the numbers?Just news? What do you think the spin is?
I think "outbreak" needs to be defined here. Article says "reared its ugly head". dose not seem too serious. No?
edit on 1/17/11 by him777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
...speaking of nasty transports - commerical airlines =

...my brother-in-law flys a lot for his job and he brings home cooties all the time but its always worse in the winter... he was in st.louis last week and brought home a poopy/pukey bug...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpioRising
Central heating plays a part too as it dries out your airways meaning there is little to resist it entering your system.

...its the misue of central heating, imo... down here (south texas), when it drops to 60ish, idiots crank up their heaters to 72 or more... thats insane, considering that we pay a fortune to keep cool most of the year... and they never open their windows to air out the house, just keep re-circulating the same old stale air...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Thats a good point, I should have pointed out that many have the heating up too high and that there is no circulation of the air as they also keep all their windows shut ALL the time.... I'm one of those people that has a window or two open all winter, I get headaches from even low central heating. My kids hate me

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpioRising
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I'm one of those people that has a window or two open all winter, I get headaches from even low central heating. My kids hate me

...we're twins...
...even on chilly days, i open at least one window for twenty minutes... its old fashioned but i dont care... it works for me...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I picked up the rotovirus, probably similar, last year. My son was fine while we took off to go Christmas shopping. He ended up throwing up in the car. We pulled over, before we started to clean him up, he threw up again. He ended up having the worst diarrhea I have ever seen. I caught it from him. It was a miserable two weeks. The worst part is, these types of viruses are deadly to children.

I know that if I have vomitting and diahhrea, I need to drink lots of water and electrolytes. How do you tell a [then] two year old? It's bad stuff.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
done allot of training for norovirus at work (a major hotel chain that i wont name). every member of staff is trained to deal with it. its nothing particularly worrying but it can be past on very easily. and the last thing you want in a hotel is a mass breakout of norovirus..... it doesn't do your reputation to have a hotel full of sick people lol

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This virus sucks.
Never in my life have I felt more sick or spent more time hugging the toilet bowl.

I've only had it once and it wasnt a nice experience.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Had it last year, right about now I think. I called it the double bucket flu. One to sit on, one to lean over. Got sick right after work at the end of the week, got well just in time to make work Monday morning. Could not even squeeze a short vacation out of it.

My advice to people who get it. Never look, just flush.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I feel like i will catch it just reading these posts,Screw this ,i'm going to read about the end times .

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

My little nephew had rotovirus when he was real little. You're right about it being some of the worst diarrhea. It's horrible lol. It's like the scene from the exorcist except not coming out of the mouth.

My brother I think got Norovirus last year, ended up being him, his son and girlfriend.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Thank you for posting.

No conspiracy there...

I certainly don't read American MSM until someone links to it.

American MSM seemingly has perpetual Norwalk Virus and they don't even realize it.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Yes viruses spread like weeds in a field. WIth the billions of people on earth what do you expect? We get a virus and do not stay home,we go to the store, the bank, post office, we fly we spread. we send our children to school to help spread it.We are a society that has a need to go out into public we are so bored. We cannot heed the Physicians request, go home stay in the housee until it passes. We cannot be stationary for even 2 days...If and when depopulation is enacted this will be easy to accomplish, because we cnanot stay home.

new topics

top topics

join