It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England in 18 Months?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Protests over rising unemployment and higher food prices have left at least two dozen dead in Tunisia, a nation that has been ruled by President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali for over two decades.

uk.ibtimes.com...

Could this be a preview of things to come in England in the near future? Will we finally take a stand and say 'enough is enough' like our North African brothers?

Things are reaching boiling point in the UK, VAT increases and tax hikes. Expenditure on foreigners before our own. A benefit culture. Suppressed traditional views and customs by minorities. A spineless governement full of lies and deceit. Increased cost of utilities and fuel. Corrupt MPs. Mass unemployment. The list is non exhaustive.

Will this coming year see the point when even the most die hard left wing government sympathisers decide that they have been shat on for the last time? The tunisians are setting an example that I hope we will eventually have the balls to follow....

edit on 17-1-2011 by KingDoey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

the cuts the government are implementing have not come into force yet. make sure you have your seatbelt on.
2nd
f

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Possibly, but the whole immigrant issue is just divide and conquer, they aren't the problem, the dismantling of British industry, the banking/economic system and the corpoate takeover of the UK are the problems, IMO.

By the way, Tunisia is in North Africa, not Europe.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have two sisters in the UK. Both recently said that when their kids finish high school (10 - 12 years) they will send them to Canada to go to school, and hopefully they will choose to stay. They don't think they have futures in the UK.

Unfortunately, I don't think they'll get their 10-12 years.

One really disturbing part of the UK austerity measures, is that the UK Government has decided to rely on - wait for it - the FRENCH for - wait for it - NATIONAL DEFENSE.

Nothing bad can come of relying on the French Armed Forces to stand up for you, right?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

Haha had too many beers i think! cheers mate

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt
reply to post by KingDoey

the cuts the government are implementing have not come into force yet. make sure you have your seatbelt on.
2nd
f

Much agreed, the full force of the cuts has not been felt and we'll soon see unemployment balooning when the estimated half a million people who lost their jobs from cuts find that the plan to re-create jobs elsewhere will never work when consumers are being squeezed harder than ever. A VAT rise hitting at the same time as people are being encouraged to spend is backward thinking.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
should be about mid july, might be a nice time to go to bognor, probably a better time to leave the country for a week or two though as the beaches at bognor arent the best and southend smells like corned beef

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
we will see the world potical climate is changing fast..

kx

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You are probably starting to get the picture of why the Fema Camps, Homeland Security, the beefed up surveillance and police state tactics, the missing 2.3 trillion Donald Rumsfeld spoke of which is only a fraction that goes unaccounted etc. Has nothing to do with islamic terrorists, has everything to do with Pzzd off human beings.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. It would make sense to help everyone be less desperate wouldn't it? I gues we would rather play tennis with the subject rather than solve it with the its your responsibility, no its your responsibility, noooo, its your responsibility, and on and on.

Go ahead and cut each individual a 2 million dollar check to buy some time. You OWE everyone anyhow. You can afford it or you can go on to the bitter end and justify not doing this with the survival of the fittest philosophy.

Takes hard work I think some of you say from time to time...I got mine get yours.

edit on 17-1-2011 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Economic crises, recessions, depressions, social upheaval, and uprisings have been occurring regularly around the world for decades.

What has also been going on for decades, and no doubt, for thousands of years, is people predicting the demise of society and painting a picture of doom and gloom.

In this age, people just think things are getting worse due to the proliferation of television and internet coverage of events, which brings them to the attention of people who wouldn't normally have noticed them.

Britain isn't going to collapse, there's going to be no revolution.

In fact, in 18 months time I'll be enjoying EURO 2012, and looking forward to the Olympics !

Other than that - and hopefully a few more cool technological products - I doubt it will be too much different to how it is now. Although, a bit sunnier !

edit on 17-1-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I don't think we'll have to wait 18 months.. plenty of people peeved, but not peeved to get off their bums just yet.. but I don't think it'll be long.. Summer is going to be interesting..

I generally think for a good comparison is the economic distress felt in England during the 1810 to 1840 era.. as I think it gives a really good indication of what can happen..

just think, my part of England went into open rebellion.. Hastings hoisted the stars and stripes declaring themselves the 24th state of the Union
(really just to give Westminster a 2 fingered salute)

Right now, anything could happen..

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

thats what i was thinking sherlock but i just couldnt put it into words aswell as you did

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingDoey

Protests over rising unemployment and higher food prices have left at least two dozen dead in Tunisia, a nation that has been ruled by President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali for over two decades.

uk.ibtimes.com...

Could this be a preview of things to come in England in the near future? Will we finally take a stand and say 'enough is enough' like our North African brothers?

Things are reaching boiling point in the UK, VAT increases and tax hikes. Expenditure on foreigners before our own. A benefit culture. Suppressed traditional views and customs by minorities. A spineless governement full of lies and deceit. Increased cost of utilities and fuel. Corrupt MPs. Mass unemployment. The list is non exhaustive.

Will this coming year see the point when even the most die hard left wing government sympathisers decide that they have been shat on for the last time? The tunisians are setting an example that I hope we will eventually have the balls to follow....

Star and flag .
I have worked full time since I left school and I don't have a pot to piss in . When change comes I will be on the front line . Time for a little payback .

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It sounds just like how things are going here in the U.S..

I think immigration is one of the biggest problems. How is it that immigrants are getting special benefits, while the rest of us get a sharp stick in the eye.

The bigger problem is much deeper. There is no fair playing ground these days when it comes to the Global economy.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

Thanks, mate.

I just get tired of all these people predicting some huge societal collapse or revolution, when in reality, events such as these have been going on for decades, without any major change to society.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
From observation it wont be just the uk .. Things are going to get rough throughout most of the western world..

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
reply to post by lewman

Thanks, mate.

I just get tired of all these people predicting some huge societal collapse or revolution, when in reality, events such as these have been going on for decades, without any major change to society.

Hello mate,

Just to clarify that this thread is not a prediction. I am not into that mumbo jumbo ballcrap. It is just intended to see peoples thoughts and stances on the matter.

Cheers for your reply

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
People here in Germany are getting more pissed by the Day too. Especially if our spineless Leader Merkel bows down to Brussel and throws out more of our Money to avoid the Collaps a little longer...again.

Our Debt rises. Wages are getting lower. Prices go up for everything else,just so we can bailout other Countrys who buy our Wares with the Money they get from us. And Corporations make huge Profits...but we still have to pay more,because our Politicians are #ing Cowards.

Oh yes,People here are quite pissed atm,and it can only get worse.

Google "Stuttgart 21" We still remember how they decided that behind our backs and how that turned out.
edit on 18-1-2011 by Shenon because: spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
People here in Germany are getting more pissed by the Day too. Especially if our spineless Leader Merkel bows down to Brussel and throws out more of our Money to avoid the Collaps a little longer...again.

Our Debt rises. Wages are getting lower. Prices go up for everything else,just so we can bailout other Countrys who buy our Wares with the Money they get from us. And Corporations make huge Profits...but we still have to pay more,because our Politicians are #ing Cowards.

Oh yes,People here are quite pissed atm,and it can only get worse.

Google "Stuttgart 21" We still remember how they decided that behind our backs and how that turned out.
edit on 18-1-2011 by Shenon because: spelling

I feel for you...

But its nice to know that much of the West is in the same boat. Perhaps soon there will be one final catalyst for a continent wide eruption against the governments.

top topics

join