It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you like to experience your own soul?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Bear with me here, and if needed re-read this several times (as was necessary in my case and even then didnt make sense til years later)

When thoughts occur, or you have a thought .....there is an aspect that is aware of these thoughts.
That aspect is also aware of the eyes seeing, the ears hearing, the mouth tasting, the body existing.

Now since that aspect is aware of these things ....it cannot be these things. For example a dog is aware of a cat, but the dog is not the cat.

So the aspect in you that is aware of thoughts, the senses, the body and everything else ....is not itself the thoughts, the senses, the body and everything else.

Now that aspect is the Soul ...so obvious and so overlooked.

If you have gotten thus far and understand this and it is obvious to you ...now investigate "that aspect" i.e. where is it, what is it, how is it.....

......or more importantly rest in just that aspect and it alone will reveal to you the Absolute truth, in due time.

By the way ...we all have this ....Atheists and agnostics included.

Thing is it has been overlooked, yet so obvious, so simple, untouched by anything, ........lacking judgment, bias, thought ...lacking senses of perception but yet perceiving.....

examine this, know this, be this and then you enter the realm of the Soul

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Flag and starred.

The first time I REALLY experienced my soul, I have to admit was while under the influence. Now I enjoy astral projection on a regular basis, thats the way to go

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is gonna make me sound like such a doofus and it's really hard to put into words what I mean, but I was pondering to myself recently, whilst in the bath.

I've always believed, beyond doubt, that all humans have a soul and I was wondering where abouts in the body it's situated. I'm guessing in your head? Because my "awareness" doesn't seem to be in my foot, or my bumhole

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

I've always believed, beyond doubt, that all humans have a soul and I was wondering where abouts in the body it's situated. I'm guessing in your head? Because my "awareness" doesn't seem to be in my foot, or my bumhole

If awareness is aware of the head and whats in it, then how can it be there? If its aware of the foot and the bumhole ...then how can it be there? And so the search continues...... find out on your own ...as anything I say will be an idea, a label, or a concept created by the mind (which coincidentally awareness is also aware of)
edit on 17-1-2011 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
FFS what is it with guru's, ALL Life as a soul, damned selfish humans .. stop thinking!!!
The only diffrences between humans & perfection is free will and the fact we physically look different .. oh and humans destroy on the grounds they are above nature ... real intelligence lol
edit on 17-1-2011 by Burgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

I personally can't believe in a soul. There are always accidents, surgeries, and a number of other things that can completly alter one's personality so they don't even have the same characteristics of their former self. What is soul though? You can't define what a soul is because it is not tangable, and possibly not even real. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, but nobody can make the argument and say that there is for a fact a soul, or that there is for a fact not a soul, because there is no way to prove either.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
From what I've been able to gather, it's non-local, and therefore is both nowhere in particular and everywhere all at once, not in the scull, or anywhere in the body except to the degree that the body temple is a holographic chip off the old block so to speak..

edit on 17-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92
reply to post by KatieVA

I personally can't believe in a soul. There are always accidents, surgeries, and a number of other things that can completly alter one's personality so they don't even have the same characteristics of their former self. What is soul though? You can't define what a soul is because it is not tangable, and possibly not even real. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, but nobody can make the argument and say that there is for a fact a soul, or that there is for a fact not a soul, because there is no way to prove either.

But a personality is something created by the mind. I'm sure if my soul was born into a different body and I lived a completely different life and had different experiences, my personality would be much different, but my soul would remain the same.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Excellent simple spiritual teaching here. Recognizing that you aren't the body, or even the mind, or its thoughts is key. I would think this might lead to the recognition that other "bodies" are likewise not representative of the "self" we are looking for, and therefore do not separate this "self", or consciousness into individual pieces. This recognition in turn leads to the realization of the oneness of the self and subsequently, oneness with God.
Good thread, let's discuss!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

they key word here is "aspect"....

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Brilliant. Its an objective experience of yin and yang. Good and bad. That's where the inherent knowledge of good/bad, light/dark comes in.
I like to think of existence as 'God getting to know Himself'
If we are in his image...think fractals, then he is in ours.
Macro/Micro its all the same...
Thats why TPTB don't mind hurting people - they know they are the yang to our yin.
Problem is the more good we do, the more bad they do to keep the balance.

Quite interesting stuff really...
Turn on BBC2 haha

edit on 17-1-2011 by iamahumandoing because: thought

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by joechip
Excellent simple spiritual teaching here. Recognizing that you aren't the body, or even the mind, or its thoughts is key. I would think this might lead to the recognition that other "bodies" are likewise not representative of the "self" we are looking for, and therefore do not separate this "self", or consciousness into individual pieces. This recognition in turn leads to the realization of the oneness of the self and subsequently, oneness with God.
Good thread, let's discuss!

That's exactly the way I see it.
I've always believed that while the soul is inside the body, it is under the rules of that body and the life that it's living, if that makes sense?

link   

Originally posted by Burgo
FFS what is it with guru's, ALL Life as a soul, damned selfish humans .. stop thinking!!!
The only diffrences between humans & perfection is free will and the fact we physically look different .. oh and humans destroy on the grounds they are above nature ... real intelligence lol
edit on 17-1-2011 by Burgo because: (no reason given)

We are not above nature. We are a necessary vital part of it, but not above it. All things serve their purpose. We do have free will and that holds us back (sometimes). We can choose to live like Jesus if we want to, and we shouldn't have any reason to believe that we never can.

link   
i couldn't agree with you more OP. this is something i have just recently realized myself. that we dont "have" a soul, we "ARE" a soul. however i also feel that my soul has lied dormant, so to speak, and that im just waking up. i think that is part of why some people dont believe in souls. wake up and anything is possible.
cheers

and s+f. people need to know about this stuff.
edit on 17-1-2011 by jonwight because: meant to s+f but didnt, wanted poster to know.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jonwight

You are a Jedi haha! But seriously, if you haven't already, watch the film 'The Men Who Stare at Goats'

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92
reply to post by KatieVA

You really can't make an argument for it, you have to discover it for yourself, and you may never be able to convince anyone about it. I have discovered it for myself and have found that the soul is love. I have seen how its nature is light, although, this still exceeds my understanding, but I have seen it nevertheless. You know love is real, and no matter what surgeries or alterations of the brain you have, you will always hold on to your soul, and it will always be there. Your brain is like a filter for your soul, so the way you perceive your soul can become distorted, but it doesn't go away. A person with split personalities still has ONE soul. Its just that their brain now interacts with it in multiple ways.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamahumandoing

Brilliant. Its an objective experience of yin and yang. Good and bad. That's where the inherent knowledge of good/bad, light/dark comes in.
Thats why TPTB don't mind hurting people - they know they are the yang to our yin.

Turn on BBC2 haha

Did anyone just catch how the quantum computer works on Horizon? Looked like yin and yang to me. Strange that whenever you try to observe it working it ceases to function...

Big changes are afoot and I think lots of people are feeling it

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Turn on BBC2 haha

Did anyone just catch how the quantum computer works on Horizon? Looked like yin and yang to me. Strange that whenever you try to observe it working it ceases to function...

Big changes are afoot and I think lots of people are feeling it

I don't know if you are aware of the cabbalistic tree of life, but just before the positive and the negative merge, the are in the realm of understanding (negative), and wisdom (positive). I saw that the wisdom comes from higher realms and is something to look forward to when you are trying to learn new concepts. I learned that understanding happnes during reflection, and in this case of the negative (destructive) force, they look back and understand all their wrong-doings and why they were wrong and so on. These thoughts are a powerful energy going in to different directions. I think the two different directions of energy are what is responsible for the spiral forms of galaxies. But anyway, these energies, one of hope, and one of helplessness merge. The energy of hope is able to overcome the energy of helplessness and a new universe is born.

I understood the yin-yang last night, and the balance of creation and necessity for positive and negative. But I also understood that the positive becomes victorious in the end and sets out to create another universe.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

When thoughts occur, or you have a thought .....there is an aspect that is aware of these thoughts.
That aspect is also aware of the eyes seeing, the ears hearing, the mouth tasting, the body existing.

Now since that aspect is aware of these things ....it cannot be these things. For example a dog is aware of a cat, but the dog is not the cat.

So the aspect in you that is aware of thoughts, the senses, the body and everything else ....is not itself the thoughts, the senses, the body and everything else.

Now that aspect is the Soul ...so obvious and so overlooked.

I don't know how overlooked it is. We had a pretty lively thread on this general subject just last week. In fact, here's part of a post that I made on that very thread, addressing the issue of the perceived mind and body (which is being perceived by the soul in your premise here). I figure it's easier to cut and paste my own stuff than drag it together out of whole cloth again. It has some technical background that's necessary for the larger point to be made, but it does address the truth about how human beings are able to observe themselves and their own thoughts.

Concerning the observed mind, I have to confess that I see the whole process of thought, and the impact it has on perception, as being very different than you do. I can't separate the product from the process itself, and probably because I can't logically find the point of separation between what is and what brought it into existence.

I'll try to describe what I mean.

When an event occurs, the direct result of that event is the fact that the event occurred. It's immediate, and regardless of what was perceived by whatever might've perceived it - or regardless of whether it was not perceived as having occurred at all - what emerged as fact (a very primitive and elemental form of information) accurately represents the specifics of that event (including the contextual relationship that the event shares with all that existed at the precise moment of the occurrence of that event) with a disinterested clarity, since each bit of information contained within the fact is directly linked via causation to what brought it into physical existence.

This is how data (fact-centric information) comes into existence. This is the only way that information of any kind can come into existence. That said, each event itself will have properties and/or be of a specific nature that cause the information it creates to be very specific itself in nature. Just as specific as the event. Large-scale matrixed events - such as an entire football game, with all the event sub-assemblies that are logically identified as being part of the holon unit identified as that unique and specific football game - produce a much different identifiable information whole than (let's say) one play within the whole of that football game. Related, yes. But still, the difference between the identified wholes is obvious, even if the unit of elemental structure for each is common. Like the difference between a wall and a cathedral. Both made of stone, but one definitely different in identity than the other.

Conscious thought (we'll limit this to human thought for obvious reasons) is the result of the human brain's response to physical existence. That response can be further specified as being due to external stimuli, or internal rumination of stored data (the result of previous responses). The range of specifics are well established, so we won't bother with that digression. What we want to examine is the nature of the brain's activity and the kind of information that emerges in direct response to that activity.

To call this form of information sophisticated is to give that word a raise and a corner office. Intellect (I prefer to use this word to shorthand the description of this form of information - I assume that it'll be okay to seize this term for use in this small explanation) is true awareness, and this is because the brain itself has achieved the capacity for dynamic awareness. The difficulty in "finding" that awareness within the brain's structure is because it is not the elements themselves that possess the awareness. There is no "human being" particle, or God particle that sits inside the brain. The awareness is the event itself, occurring as a string of unitary events (like the string of unitary events that organize to form a simple orbit), and organized to form a massively complex identifiable event (like that football game) that we have termed the corporeal life of a human being.

Now, since this event (and all sub-assembly - holon - events contained within it) exists only due to its capacity to achieve and maintain true identity (the most fundamental of all survival imperatives), it is critical that the inclusive event's Identity's consistency is treated as of primordial importance. This is where the brain's memory cells come into the picture, and where the "conscious mind" emerges as significant. Without this information/event symbiosis, the human experience would be a chaotic nightmare of disjointed images that would emerge and then instantly scatter into meaninglessness. When this partnership doesn't work right, we call it insanity. Simple as that.

Now, keep in mind that this partnership between the brain's data storage and the conscious mind involves the ongoing presence of the corporeal information management system (the DNA), and at times there are clashes between the conscious mind and this contextual precedence, and sometimes the DNA wins (I couldn't stop myself from eating that greasy piece of chicken) and sometimes the mind wins (I couldn't stop myself from getting bombed last night). Usually, neither completely wins and the human being responds to life in a shifting blend between both. Freud's Id-SuperEgo-Ego battle sort of examines this constant contest, but of course it's more complicated than that. It's essentially the battle between corporeal survival and transcendent expression - regardless of how seemingly base that expression may actually appear to the enlightened perspective.

After all, transcendence is not an objective determination, and the conscious mind's dedication to unique expression is simply that - a dedication to unique expression, regardless of that expression's level of relative quality. Inimitable expression is about establishing information Identity (survival) and whatever achieves that end is considered successful.

How it is that we experience this entire effort, is that our conscious mind (I call it The Personality, because it creates what we've always seen as personality) - that gathering mass of informational response to our brain's relentless activity - has its own agenda (this information is aware, being the complete and accurate informational representation of awareness - making it aware) and as I just stated, that agenda is the crafting of unique identity. As I also stated, it battles for management of the brain's ongoing information generation (each brain-centric event causes information to emerge into physical existence, as you recall), and does so by choosing what it deems important and routing that response to the memory cells that such information is stored (carbon is an excellent data storage material, by the way - much better than silicon), as it shunts unimportant information to other regions of data storage. This process finalizes during REM sleep, and is why the brain will eventually malfunction if prevented from achieving REM state. Short term data storage is a holding tank. This Personality effort is a two stage process.

Now, as this initial triage is occurring, our short term data storage is being fed the Intellect information that our Personality has deemed pertinent and of importance. This process is what we experience as corporeal consciousness - the triaged awareness that our Personality has prepared for the brain as ongoing experience. Like I said, the Personality has the agenda of crafting this inimitable Identity, and it's got the brain as its tool to accomplish this. The DNA can do what it likes, but the Personality has firm control over what it knows to be most influential - the consistency of reality as experienced by the aware brain.

Our Identity emerges as the Personality forces the brain to serve the primordial significance of ongoing event consistency. Like I said, this Intellect mass (the mind) is aware, and will have its way as long as the brain remains functional. Being the result of event consistency itself, the corporeal brain knows no other way than to maintain what has been established as consistent, and the Personality establishes its own version of consistency via feeding the immediate memory banks a preselected progressive experience of Intellect-approved reality.

This begins to occur (the taking command of the information generation process by the Personality) as early as 3 and 4 years old for most human beings, and really kicks in after the first significant challenge by the DNA informational presence within the body and brain itself (inside every cell) when puberty hits and launches the massive hormonal changes that it launches. This is why teenagers start running off cliffs in search of themselves. There's no how-to guidebook to crafting an inimitable identity, and most human Personalities end up latching onto one archetype or another and hopefully it all ends up well.

So, in my view, this is how the mind sits "out there" and inspects itself. Like the operating system of a computer, the Personality accepts, rejects and directs all potential information that is generated in response to the brain's withering flurry of ongoing activity. The person's experience of it is the actual data storage of the triaged information set - from instant to instant - as the Personality moves from one Intellect burst to the next and does its best to make sense of how best to utilize what it has, to achieve what it exists to achieve - a dynamic, aware informational Identity that will emerge from this life-long corporeal generation process as a fully viable human being.

Here's the follow-on post I put up when someone challenged me on what I suggested above. His had to do with a universal personalitied consciousness, but part of it works pretty well for this discussion. I'm being lazy today because it's a national holiday, so....

I can easily prove that much of what I suggest is factually accurate. Brain injury studies have proven that the destruction of short term memory obliterates the human mind's capacity to examine itself to any degree that could reasonably be considered observational. A recent thread on this forum announced a research study that suggests that the human consciousness experiences the brain's deliberate choice between a proposed A or B a full 6 seconds after a modified MRI scanning device indicates what that choice is that the brain has made. Simple extrapolation of the direct ramifications of just these two facts alone would bring one to the conclusion that the experience of conscious thought (human consciousness) is reactive and not initiative.

It's a short walk from that conclusion to the tentative notion that there's a reason for the reactive nature of conscious awareness, and from there, it's a matter of employing the general imperative structure that seems to be overwhelmingly redundant within the entirety of corporeal existence as that reason is pursued. In the case of the human mind, there is the fact of human transcendence that must be included as being fundamental to how that imperative structure is specifically applied, with empirical data tossed in, like the obvious and personally experienced struggle between the carnal and the intellectual that I, myself, share with the rest of the human race. Finally, if the evidence of the survival of human consciousness (post-mortem) is dismissed, then how responsible can the examination possibly be? So that gets included, and the whole pile is reasonably gathered and picked through to see what can allow all of this to be true.

In the end, I simply balance it all out as best I can and work hard to not isolate my theory from what else exists that has already been proven to relative certainty. After all, unless I can prove all contradictions - especially the well established ones - to be inherently false, then I have to allow them to be instructive. To me, that just seems responsible, and what any good detective would do if given the task of sorting out the evidence that is known or suspected.

So, you can believe that your Personality's data triage effort reveals the existence of a soul, but don't kid yourself into thinking that your idea is a breakthrough. That's a perennial notion that's been associated with the soul since souls were invented.

Sorry about mailing this one in, but geez, I beat. Mondays suck.
edit on 1/17/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You must experience your soul all the time, as its with you, but ok you may not be aware of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join