Personal theory on God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Hey I came up with this little idea a little while ago and have been wondering about it ever since... I agree with evolution to an extent, I mean I think that God was the "catalyst" of whatever began the universe, be that the big bang or something we have yet to discover. But what I'm wondering now is, how is God still playing a role in what we as mankind discover? The personal theory I more or less came up with is that God allows us to discover new and often very different ideas and theories as to how we came to be. God may have given Darwin inspiration to come up with Evolution, he may have caused the wind to blow and that apple to smack Newton on the head. I think this also ties in with Chaos theory somewhere, i.e. God causes that butterfly to beat its wings at that exact moment and place, causing a hurricane on the East Coast. Or whatever. I'm just looking for what everyone has to say on this matter, feel free to point out holes in this theory or whatever you want to call it. Explore the possibilities!

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
i think of God in terms of quantum physics.
God is the energy in ALL.
so your ideas seem somewhat reasonable if you remove emotion and judgment from the equation.
simplified. ALL things are possible with God. (energy/light)

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Thanks for your input, dr. goodrich!

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I too have wondered if/how God intervenes in human existance and experiences. I do agree with the good Dr. to some extent - I personally believe all the laws of nature are God's laws. They are the laws for physical life. I believe by studying nature, science and math we discover God. However, I'm not sure if God actually intervenes in physical life or not? Your theory is very plausable and possible - for if these are his laws then he may be guiding us to better understand them (and Him). On the other hand, maybe the only intervention he has undertaken was to give us intelligence and desire to seek a better understanding of these things.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thomas Jefferson had you beat by 200 years.

He thought that God started the universe then sat back and let things happen naturally.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
Thomas Jefferson had you beat by 200 years.

He thought that God started the universe then sat back and let things happen naturally.

Very observant - I am a Deist. Then I'm sure you also know that Deism does not have a "doctrine" that proposes to know wheter or not God does intervene, this is left to personal opinion until it can be scientifically proven.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Thanks again for the replies- I didn't know Jefferson had me beat though

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
God's energy is in ALL things.
The duality of earth is but part of the whole/holy experience of the many paths of 'soul', Sol, Sun, LIGHT.
the central belief for me is this light/energy cannot be extinquished, only transformed.
regardless of our earthly journey, it is up to the individual to keep this fire 'lit' so to speak. there are activities in life that both ignite and extinguish this eternal/internal flame.
free will allows soul to choose how one fan's the flame!
if you want to know where you are going spiritually, see what you 'resonate' with.
in the end, we are only ulitmately separated by frequency.

df1

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

God is not only greater than we conceive, God is greater than we can conceive. -- not sure by who

Everyone is entitled to their faith and theories, but should do so with a humble understanding of the above quote.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr goodrich
i think of God in terms of quantum physics.
God is the energy in ALL.
so your ideas seem somewhat reasonable if you remove emotion and judgment from the equation.
simplified. ALL things are possible with God. (energy/light)

This is my oppinion also , almost verbatim , except that at this time I choose not to define "god" as a devine being , but the personification of the energy that we all share .

As badkitty says : "I believe by studying nature, science and math we discover God "

We do discover paterns that are not at all random in these sciences , and I find it amazing that mankind has made these observations and associations .

For example : The Fibonacci sequence in mathematics describes the spirals in sunflowers , The "golden ratio" PHI (pronounced fee) is built into our anatomy and has been used by artist and architects througout the ages in acknowledgement of a possible underlying devine pattern built into our"being"

It manifests itself not only in geometry , but our physical beings as well (take your height and devide it by the height of your bellybutton , and you get PHI .... , the same holds true for many other natural and human proportions as well , look them up , you will be amazed)

The only drawback to these observations (IMO) is the lack of science behind the "faith" of religion and vice-versa . I don't belive science or religion have enough information to prove or disprove the existence of god(small g intended) but both use these patterns to prove their points.

I think we should repect each others beliefs , as they all have the same underlying patters in their make-up.

Until we can prove or disprove the existance of god , I choose to believe in the energy that bind us all as science , not religion . This energy has always been here changing forms , being recycled , reformed , and these patterns ALWAYS arise . The creation (big bang or the work of a devine being) is something of a mystery to science and religion as neither has "proof" of what realy happened and I would not like to debate the existence of god with anyone of faith .

Simply amazing !! Thank you for bringing this up !!

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr goodrich
God's energy is in ALL things.

if you want to know where you are going spiritually, see what you 'resonate' with.
in the end, we are only ulitmately separated by frequency.

That is a great point of view !!!!, scientific and religious , I may steal that from ya for future conversations.

T

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by oddtodd
As badkitty says : "I believe by studying nature, science and math we discover God "

We do discover paterns that are not at all random in these sciences , and I find it amazing that mankind has made these observations and associations .

It manifests itself not only in geometry , but our physical beings as well (take your height and devide it by the height of your bellybutton , and you get PHI .... , the same holds true for many other natural and human proportions as well , look them up , you will be amazed)

I don't belive science or religion have enough information to prove or disprove the existence of god(small g intended) but both use these patterns to prove their points.

oddtodd - Great examples you've given. I believe that the fact that these patterns exist clearly points to a grand design and thus the existance of God.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

oddtodd - Great examples you've given. I believe that the fact that these patterns exist clearly points to a grand design and thus the existance of God.

I respect your beliefs !!! I have read that even a slight change in the energy of 1(one) sub-atomic particle would not allow for the universe to exist .

These paterns may have a "devine" hand in their conception , or we may be the product of a scientific event . Neither of us has the answer , only our experience , beliefs and personal convictions to form our oppinions from .

It was a French priest (and also astronomer) Georges Le'Matrie who suggested the idea of a "primordial egg" and in doing so was able to justify the advent of science to the Vatican because there was an agreed "moment of creation" between science and religion .

www.catholiceducation.org...

Einstein was said to have called this the most beautiful explaination that he had heard .

This is what scientist call the big bang , and the church calls the moment of creation . Either definition has led to the current state of the universe , but the interpritations of origin of this event are conflicting none the less .

You and I are open minded enough to agree on this moment of creation , we differ in our oppinions as to the origin of this "event" but neither of us could possibly prove the other wrong , or correct .

The church was correct in the original conception of "let there be light" well before science justified their claim , but the interpretation of the will of
god and our purpose here has been the work of men , and like men has faults . As does science .

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Thanks for such great posts, all!

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well God himself doesnt do that. He creates the human, and the will in the human. He created the Earth, and universe, and how EVERYTHING works. He lets us discover more things all the time but we will NEVER discover EVERYTHING in any subject. I know Gos can see al, hear all, do ANYTHING, and has a philosophy on how to run things. He is living, an=d the creator of EVERYTHING there is.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by badkitty
I too have wondered if/how God intervenes in human existance and experiences. I do agree with the good Dr. to some extent - I personally believe all the laws of nature are God's laws. They are the laws for physical life. I believe by studying nature, science and math we discover God. However, I'm not sure if God actually intervenes in physical life or not? Your theory is very plausable and possible - for if these are his laws then he may be guiding us to better understand them (and Him). On the other hand, maybe the only intervention he has undertaken was to give us intelligence and desire to seek a better understanding of these things.

In one of his books (I can't remember which) Philip K. Dick proposes that if God's laws are the so-called "natural laws" than any violation of those laws would be impossible. Kind of interesting to keep in mind, especially in light of the material on this board that would violate "natural laws" as we currently understand them.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I have many persional views on god bible koran etc.
AS I may have said before.
the very basis of most religions is of being good.
Over the years many people i belive many influentual people have changed aspect of some religions for gain.
An aspect I debated with a Jehovur ( I know I spelt that wrong ) was that between his religion and the catholic religion, both based christanity in most respects. MY friend arrgued that why should you confess to a preist when the only person of thing you should confess to should be god himself not some nosey priest.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I think that your approach is unique and well, excellent example of a benevolent and wonderful God!
I also believe all things come from God and that the infinite amount of speculative and diverse topics, concepts, beliefs, sciences, and so on are the maker allowing bits of progress as he sees fit. I know it is difficult to put words to this concept especially when a really dogmatic person feels violated as to protect their interrpretation of God like they are defending him, when really I think that God not only wants us all to just get along but mature as a species to a level where debates can actually work as we work together without submitting to emotionally fuelled yelling matches as that solves nothing.
Peace!

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Normally I am the amoung the first to debunk and condemn Religion. I do however believe in something. I have posted my views about God (not religion) in BTS.

My Personal Take on God, from a Religion Basher

Read it if you want. I didn't think it was conspiratorial so didn't put it on ATS.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
I didn't think it was conspiratorial so didn't put it on ATS.

Agreed, this post belongs in BTS and will probably be moved there. No conspiracies here. Move along.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join