It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Definition Of Greed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Philosophically speaking, telling me I should leave to avoid being violently looted is the same as telling a store owner that he should leave the inner city if he doesn't want to be robbed by hoodlums.

Using circular arguments will not win you any debates.

edit on 18-1-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Philosophically speaking, telling me I should leave to avoid being violently looted is the same as telling a store owner that he should leave the inner city if he doesn't want to be robbed by hoodlums.

Violently looted? You have to present your case a lot better than that, otherwise it's just your subjective feeling.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The government, by my standards, is objectively poor and foolish. The debt is growing at an expanding rate.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

Violently looted? You have to present your case a lot better than that, otherwise it's just your subjective feeling.

Legal tender laws are enforced at gun point, I am not allowed to transact in a currency of my choosing.

Said currency is being devalued by government, which is tantamount to theft.

Taxes are enforced at gun point, failure to pay taxes results in armed jackbooted thugs pointing guns at you and carting you off to a dungeon.

Fees and permits for everyday use of one's own property are enforced at gun point. Failure to acquire permission to use one's own property will ultimately result in armed marauders dressed in black uniforms violently assaulting you.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantum_flux
The government, by my standards, is objectively poor and foolish. The debt is growing at an expanding rate.

Indeed.

The government's greed knows no bounds.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantum_flux

Indeed.
The government's greed knows no bounds.

Something to consider. The banks are wise, since they have figured out how to turn debt into money by charging a higher interest rate on loans given out than they provide interest on loans taken (deposits). Apparently negative numbers are acceptable to have in the vaults so long as the IOU's are even bigger.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by quantum_flux

When your loans are backed by the government's gun, it doesn't matter what the state of your accounts is.

The entire fractional reserve system is in a state of constant bankruptcy, because at any point the lenders can not cover the balances on deposit.

The central bank would have to print money to keep the banks from all going bankrupt in the event of a bank run or massive speculation failure, which is exactly what the fed has done and is doing now.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

There is more money in the federal debt than exists in the world. It's like Dr Evil asking the United Nations for one hundred billion dollars back in 1960's, lol. Except with trillions and asking China instead, and they comply with their fake money loans merely because, um, we have a lot of nukes and religious loons on our side.

The real answer is in open source business models and robots...
edit on 18-1-2011 by quantum_flux because:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You're being overly dramatic with your description.

Well, the only thing I can say is, if you have problems with your country's tax system, you should discuss it with other citizens. Discuss it really well, otherwise you'll get stuck in a rut.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

You're being overly dramatic with your description.

Well, the only thing I can say is, if you have problems with your country's tax system, you should discuss it with other citizens. Discuss it really well, otherwise you'll get stuck in a rut.

I am?

What part is over dramatized?

The use of weapons?

The black uniforms?

The dungeons?

Do tell, I'm all ears.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

It's just my opinion, if you feel that you're not, it's okay.

I got nothing more to add.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I've compiled and revised some of my thoughts into my blogposting on this subject - A New Definition of Greed (Wealth, Middle Class, and Poor)

Is there a such thing as a "free lunch" when it comes to money?
edit on 18-1-2011 by quantum_flux because: +

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join