It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Islam - The Biggest Threat to your Freedoms

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by nastyj

Actually Muslims are the foot soldiers of the PTB, the elites who are trying to eliminate rights around the globe. Where is Halliburton's headquarters now located. The Bush family is quite close to the Bin Laden family and the House of Saud. These people all support radical Islam, and open immigration policies.

It will be Islam against the world, as Muslims stir up problems everywhere. Not only in Europe, but India, China, throughout the Pacific Islands, Australia, and of course Africa.

It is starting to look like the Serbs knew what they were doing. Look who came to the aid of Bosnia, the PTB.

Yeah im afraid your right mate, Islam has been infiltrated by TPTB, and this definitely will be getting worse. Altogether it has, and has always been against religion, and through lies manipulation and deception, TPTB have turned people against eachother whilst they remain the saviours.

Yet ive always said, people need to stop with the labelling, True muslims wouldnt even call radical muslims as muslim. In a debate like this people can find faults within eachother. In your post where u wrote:

People are starting to wake up and realize that we gave peace a chance, and now we have gangs of religious radicals gang raping our women, and claiming territory with our borders.

That can be said about the israeli occupation, claiming gaza territory, afghanis being raped, these might not be 'religious' radicals, but radicals they are. I dont believe in any true form of religion having radical views as part of their beliefs.

Its this monotheistic, holy, religious, god loving principle that is being ripped apart, mocked and altered to make each and every religion seem to be bad, and TPTB aims to control the masses under their luciferic views.

We are powerless to stop TPTB, just gotta wait for the prophecis to kick in.... and pray, pray, pray we survive the upcoming struggles with our faiths intact.

Peace adn salaams to you brother

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The greatest threat to freedom is ignorance.

Most bigots are ignorant and basically have a mental disease where something in their thinking apparatus has been—what the psychologist call— displaced. They actually hate or fear something other than where they project their bigotry towards.

They lack the rationality and common sense to understand obvious things because the darkness of their inner obsession is veiling the light of common sense in their minds . . . therefore ignorance takes over.

Then you will have a bigot like Adolf Hitler or little midget bigots like we have around here.

It’s a good thing that we have a liberal secular society that can absorb stupid irrational bigotry, and can also absorb the irrationality of radical religionists of all strips whether it is a Muslim radical, or a Christian radical who goes around murdering abortion doctors, or a Jewish radical who goes around espousing Jewish superiority.

Thank God for secular humanism because that is the greatest defense against all kinds of cultic bigotry, particularly the foul kind in this thread; that fuels the infantile ignorant defamation of a religion of over a billion people.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Anti religous retoric of any religion is the largest amount of ignorant biggotry that I have come across in my life. The tactics that people use to demonize Islam as an evil religion are filled with fallacies citing Islamic beliefs that dont even occur in the Quran as proof of their invalid claims. Most of the time these anti-Muslims are just as "extreme" in their right wing interpretation of their religion that they don't even know the real historybor philosophy of. The teachings of Christ are a philosophy and Western churches interpretted it as theolgy, trying to personify a super natural force that your puny little brains cannot even begin to fathomize the extent to which it exists.

You may call All Muslims extreme but that is a fallacy. And I bet that you are even more extreme then the Muslims you hate so much are that you claim
to be. You cite violence in their religion but you just called for violence against them. Stop religous bigotry to deny ignorance.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reprobation

Unjustly killing someone in Islam is prohibited. Those who say otherwise are not abiding by the Rules of Islam.

But here's the point...

What dose Islam consider justful killing... hmmmm

A woman who has sex before marrige can be stoned to death (even if the sexual intercourse is the result of forced sex, she is un-pure and must be clensed).

A woman who is commits adultry is put to death (even if the adultry is a result of rape from someone other than the husband).

Someone who practices witchcraft or wears idols of such manner on their person, can be executed as a witch.

A thief can have his/her hands removed.

A person whom leaves the faith of Islam may be executed.

Speaking out against Islam is punishable by death.

I'm sure there are many other instances that Islam can justify killing someone...

It is not the religion in its self that many non-Muslims are up in arms about.. it is the rules of that religion that has people worried.

I really don't want to be beheaded just because I am wiccan... but in a muslim, Islamic state, this is exactly what would happen to me..!!

Have a nice day

edit on 1/18/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/18/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
I think its about time to take a stand against this sex cult disguised as a religion (islam). It is no wonder it thrives in places where the average intellect is low or where there is a serious restriction of information.

The fact that muslims are unable to openly question islamic dogma is proof enough, rule #1 of any cult!
Those of you who are still asleep to this dangerous collective of sociopaths need to wake up before it is too late.

It is time to close international borders to these haters of freedom, and before the sympathisers start to parrot the MSM let me be clear, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS MODERATE ISLAM! Imams preach this constantly.

Sex cult? Thrives in places of low intellect? Or serious restriction of information?

Im muslim, i will try to answer your post as best as i can:

As far as it being a sex cult, i am really not sure where you are coming from, the main fundementals of Islam lie on 5 pillars: Kalima (belief in one god, declaration of faith) , Prayer, Charity (if one has the means), Fasting, Hajj pilgrimage (if one is able to do so). These are the main pillars, everything else is not important unless these are met. If you can find me anywhere in Islam, where sex is more important in this, or better yet, anything in Islam/Quran where sex in is vulgar form you seem to base your opinion of, please tell me, if you find it i will renounce my faith right now.

Thrives in places of low intellect? How did you come to this conclusion? Tell me where a place of low intellect is please. The Islamic empire was one of the greatest advances in knowlege/technology in history. There are numerous muslim countries in the world right now, who are advancing their economy in the midst of the western economy crumbling through recession etc, im still unsure of how low intellect has anything to do with it.

Restriction of information has nothing to do with it, all the muslims i know, and the general view, with all the event going on in the world. Especially the internet, it has helped Islam grow, and faith has strengthened. I cant stress how much the internet has helped as it is the only uncontrolled source of information and knowledge.
Im not sure how any of the major muslim countries have restriction of information anyway.

As for the no moderate islam, im guessing imaams would only say there is no moderate islam, is because islam does not need a prefix, Islam is islam, there is no need for moderation, only that the radicalization and the eroneous sects are not part of islam, so therefore it would not be needed to moderated. I think you have misinterpreted the imaam.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by elfulanozutan0

Anti religous retoric of any religion is the largest amount of ignorant biggotry that I have come across in my life. The tactics that people use to demonize Islam as an evil religion are filled with fallacies citing Islamic beliefs that dont even occur in the Quran as proof of their invalid claims. Most of the time these anti-Muslims are just as "extreme" in their right wing interpretation of their religion that they don't even know the real historybor philosophy of. The teachings of Christ are a philosophy and Western churches interpretted it as theolgy, trying to personify a super natural force that your puny little brains cannot even begin to fathomize the extent to which it exists.

You may call All Muslims extreme but that is a fallacy. And I bet that you are even more extreme then the Muslims you hate so much are that you claim
to be. You cite violence in their religion but you just called for violence against them. Stop religous bigotry to deny ignorance.

No-one is saying that all Muslims are extreme.

Yet, the extreme elements of Islam are particulalrly loathesome.

The "punishments" prescribed by Islam for various offenses are extreme and inhumane. The death penalty imposed by Islam for so many offenses, and particularly for behavior in which all participants consent, and the manner in which Islam carries it out (burying the "offender" up to her neck and stoning her head in front of her children, for example) is especially barbaric, cruel, and extreme.

It seems to me that Islamic punushments are especially designed to keep the people in fear of authority and to cause them to defer to the dictates of any person clothed with the authority of that reliegion.

These offensive qaulities of Islam seem to be an intgral and foundational aspect of the religion. Is it possible to have Islam without those offensive elements?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

Rarely today do you hear of any Muslim society stoning people anymore, unfortunately the Salafi or Wahhabi Taliban types and some of the Iranians, Nigerians, and I think Somalia and of course Saudi Arabia have the law on the books but rarely [ thank God] are people stoned anymore.

These laws are ancient for an ancient pre-modern society.

According to some Muhammad adapted them from the Old Testament even though it is not prescribed in the Quran to stone to death. It is a tradition in the oral Hadith that Muhammad allowed stoning. Some Muslims don’t believe he did since the Quran doesn’t say to do it.

Of course one doesn’t have to practice these harsh laws. Sufis— the mystics of Islam— are Muslims and they would never indulge in such behavior.

There will never be a problem with radical Islam taking over the west IMO because the west is firmly rooted in secular humanism, and to think that all of a sudden these people will adapt some ancient form of Islam is absurd!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
ENOUGH OF THIS BICKERING!!!!!!!!!!!!

From here on out debate the topic NOT each other. Any further violations of the T&C will be removed and the member warned,. Play the ball not each other.

MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on 18-1-2011 by gallopinghordes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nastyj

As far as anwering my post goes, i didnt ask any questions. If i was to ask a muslim a question it would be
what does your caliphate require of you?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
One of hte problems with islam is that although the "moderates" may not like the extremeists......what the extremeists advocate is, in many cases, specifically what is in the koran and hadith, and those are the word of god and unarguable.

You can be a moderate moslem all you like - but when a fundamentalist comes to you and says that you must not disbelieve anything in the koran (2:108 ), and then points out that a woman is worth one-half a man (2:282), or that you should kill unbelievers wherever you find them (2:191) and various other extreme statements that are in it, what do you say?

If you say that Mohammed didn't really mean that then the fundamentalist will condemn you for not believing what is written! And according to the koran they are right and you are wrong!

Islam contains these specific commands and tells you you cannot disobey them!

Islam is a religon that has locked itself down much tighter than, say, christianity. The bible doesn't say to stone adulterers or apostates, or to kill heathens, and "the 2 commandments" listed in the new testament (love one and other, love god) are not very prescriptive.

Mohammend built a religon that prescribes how you must behave much more tightly.

I am an atheist (which is why I do not capitalise the names of religions or their deities) - I consider all of the monotheistic religons as major threats to world peace....and islam the worst of them.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Star and Flag. I would however, like to make one minor correction; it's not "radical" Islam, it's mainstream Islam. What people refuse to do is consider the differences between Islam and other religions. Islam is a way of life that is integral to the government. Sharia law is an example of this.

The hypocrisy I see regarding Christianity vs. Islam is mind boggling. We have people, (radical progressives/liberals) and progressive groups that will go to the ends of the earth to get the 10 Commandments out of government buildings. Any reasonable person cannot argue with the Ten Commandments. Who can argue with, "thou shall not kill"? Or "though shall not bang thy neighbors wife"? Yet the liberals will run around stomping their little feets about "separation of church and state", (which, incidental doesn't exist. I challenge anybody to direct me to that part of the Constitution). Yet, they have absolutely no problem with Sharia law and Islam. Our own president snubbed the National Day of Prayer his first two years on office, yet had a nice, little gathering of Muslims on Capital Hill (5,000 Muslims, as I recall).

The same people who think there is something wrong with not killing or stealing will defend a religion that is deeply steeped within their governments and is for the most part, a brutal, sadistic, twisted religion. The same people who have convulsions about the Ten Commandments in a courthouse have no problem with tax dollars going to install "foot baths" in our airports. What is wrong with this picture?

This short video says all it needs to say in about a minute.
Islam in a minute

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

What about Radical Christianity ?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
RADICAL xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is a threat to everyone's freedom

thats the truth ...

it shouldnt be about islam, it should be about EVERYTHING that is used in a radical way

but hey, its not easy for any brainwashed to realize that ... keep telling u that islam is the thing delaying our evolution as society

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I read about 4/5 pages of this thread, and honestly, thank you so much for the people sticking up for Muslims. Honestly, I really appreciate it. To those who believe their rights are being infringed upon, trust me, your thoughts are not always unjustified.

I myself am Muslim. My family fled from Pakistan long ago. I'd rather not say where we live now, but truth be told, we are not here to force some sort of Muslim agenda on the world. I know many of you can probably cite many websites that can provide some sort of proof that every single Muslim has some intent to take over the world and that we practice things like "taqiyya" and "jihad" to do so. Having been raised in a Muslim family where my parents gave me the full right to choose my faith (they did not force their beliefs on me), I am very comfortable with my faith.

I can understand the fear of radical Islam, but you all must realize something. Muslims are victims of radical Islam too. And honestly, you cannot blame it on just the religion. I understand that religion can be used to rally lots of people to war/anger, but in areas in the Middle East where poverty and illiteracy are sky-high, and anti-American sentiment can be quite high, most of the up-top people could care less about religion. All of the things they do breach their faith, but if it helps them wage war, they will use it. The twisted assholes way up high in Pakistan pushing blasphemy rules could care less about religion, just as how they cared less when Pakistan was flooding. A mix between American involvement (I do not want to pin all of the blame on America fyi, but it is pretty clear that foreign policy needs some fixup), povery, illiteracy, can bring people to put their anger into faith.

My dad told me something great once. He told me that if Muslim people really want to convert others, then all you must do is be good to yourself and others. Do not even mention your faith. Just act on it. I've done so and I have gained a lot of love from my brothers of all races, religions (atheism included, something that gets a lot of unnecessary hate), There is no big "muslim takeover" plan, at least not by the majority. If you are wondering why the "moderates" do not always speak out, the truth is, we try to do. But honestly sometimes it is kind of hard to have to distinguish yourself from EVERY SINGLE THING a terrorist does, when you can be sidetracked by living your life. Every muslim I know wants to practice in peace. Truth be told, I believe most people of faith want to do it. It's when religious and non-religious alike want to get up on a high seat and be SURE that they are above others. It's a human thing, but it's something we gotta stop. I can't say with 100% certainty that Islam is the way to god or the answer to life or anything, but I honestly believe that if you live with sincerity and a good heart, that any answer is the right answer. We are all human, we must always remember that. Just as you cannot blame all a Muslim takeover for all of the world's problems, Muslims should not always blame every Jewish person as the world's problems etc. etc. There is no one single group that is the problem- it is our human belief that if one thing is gone, that everything will be better. I have met over 2,000 muslim people in my life. Trust me, we have souls- we do not want to take over the world. As for the radicals, those twisted assholes need to screw off, and while they do do some disgusting stuff (the poppy burning incident for example), you guys must realize that they are above all, assholes. There are no moderates/extremists/whatever, there are Muslims. And some asshats will take any excuse they can to be assholes.

A few other tidbits. Every Muslim I know was enraged by the protests against free speech when Prophet Muhammad was drawn. The Muslim law for not drawing him was in fact so that he is not worshipped as an idol. He can be drawn otherwise. I believe those Muslim people need to realize that they'll be respected more if they respect other's rights as well.

Also the hijab is not mandatory in Islam. In fact, in the olden times it was recommended for women only because of the more animalistic nature of men at the time, something that in this modern society, is not so. It is disgusting to see this cultural assholeness made law in many Middle eastern areas.

Also, Muslims are to stand by the nation they are in ABOVE ALL ELSE. This is expicitly written. Even if you were at war with a Muslim nation, you are to stand by your nation.

I just wanted to clear a few of these things up. Of course, you can always cite places like Jihadwatch etc. to prove me wrong and show me how having lived as a Muslim for 20 years that I do not know the Koran better than other experts that can nullify everything good about it. But I want to stand up for the family members and Muslim friends I've made throughout my life. I want to stand up for myself as well as I have never wanted to hurt anybody, and that the assholes in power hurt me as much as everyone else. I lost a lot of family members in an attack in a Lahore mosque against people of my sect of Islam. We did not fight back. When people read the news stories, the comments all said "wow, those barbaric Muslims killing eachother". There are assholes, and they hurt us as much, and sometimes moreso, than they hurt you guys. Please do not lump us together. It really hurts sometimes.

Sorry for that long ramble, and I realize that I completely shifted in tone many times. Sorry if I came off too strong or too angry, that was certainly not the intent. Thank you for standing up for the many peaceful Muslims. For those raising concerns, trust me, almost all Muslims are disgusted by the horrible things done in the name of god. Even if you do pull out statistics that say "68% of Muslims hate ____", I tell you from human experience, that we are not all cruel. Most of us are very normal people. I say this as a human, with love for my Jewish, Christian, Hindu, and Atheist brothers and sisters. We are all human, and all we want to do is be happy while searching for the meaning of life with our loved ones.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This is the attack in case anyone was wondering: www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by skywalker_

What about Radical Christianity ?

That's not a threat in Europe as most people who do convert to a religion of some sort do not seem to convert to Christianity. In truth, the predominant thought seems to be Atheism. There are certain places in Africa where Christianity has taken on a rather violent tone. I think it has more to do with constant war in the regions.

Europe is far more at risk from Muslim radicals. The U.S. is more at risk from Christian radicals. That statement is likely to tick off many posters, but the fact is the Christian Right in the U.S. has a large voter base and commands the Social agenda in the GOP. This may not lead to some hardcore theocracy where we stone gay people and outlaw drinking, but you will still have light theocratic concepts. Look at Gay marriage.

At least we won't have the hardcore Muslim concepts. Most of birthing done in the U.S. is among Hispanics who also happen to be catholic. I don't think American's have to worry about a Muslim takeover.
edit on 19-1-2011 by antonia because: RAWR

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
No the biggest threat to freedom is ourselves. Not people who commit random acts of violence who are extremists in their beliefs besides Christians do it also. It is everywhere so just to only label one group makes you seem like a bigot. Or maybe you are I really don't care. It is the governments and world economics that are killing freedom. when in the uk there are camera's to follow you from your house when you leave till when you get back. America if you fart in wall mart and it offends someone they can tell the manager and call homeland security. The top 10% to 20 % of western societies live in excessive health while most others can barely afford food and shelter. All you and I are , are just slaves who work 8 to 16 hour days who are nickle and dimed that the chance at retirement when we are 60 is a joke. Slave who will work till they die. The Only free choices we have is to obey the guide lines and to live with in those structure and when we fall out of line they will make an example of you. We Have about as much freedom as the slaves who apparently built the pyramids of egypt. Now we are freedom slaves with slightly more human rights than those of the slave of egypt.

So i am curious as to what freedom you are talking about these radials taking away from you?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wirelessyoshi

Also, Muslims are to stand by the nation they are in ABOVE ALL ELSE. This is expicitly written. Even if you were at war with a Muslim nation, you are to stand by your nation.

I doubt you can back that up with anything in the Koran!

Reading your post - you try to portray your self and family as a sort of pick and choose Muslim, in the way that say many Christians or jews would be - and indeed how people in the West are generally used to regarding a belief system.

Truth is, the vast majority of Muslims would call you an infidel - a pretend muslim - Islam is a hard core ideology - you do not get to pick and choose anything! - you just SUBMIT or suffer the consequences.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Right let us flip the script. When a fundamentalist Xtian came to me in by early teens and told me my belief in evolution was assinine what did I do? I told him to bleep off!. I still went to church as I sang in the choir (yes me!)

In the west there are recruiters and there is a very complex situation where ordinary moslems have a crisis of idebtity and get contacted by fundamantelist recruiters and argue any way they can to get people to sign up to their nonsense.

This is the reason why I consistently repeat that EDL has no credible solution and it is more important to have a hearts and mind campaign in the Moslem community. Leave the security forces to do their job. I believe that crude Islamophobia only builds terrorists.

Permit me a tiny digression.

Q. What was the trigger that make Malcolm Little Become Malcolm X? Who also became a black Moslem
A. It was the murder of his father by White racists!

EDL has no solution because their memebership has significant ultra right wing elements.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
reply to post by wirelessyoshi

I doubt you can back that up with anything in the Koran!

Reading your post - you try to portray your self and family as a sort of pick and choose Muslim, in the way that say many Christians or jews would be - and indeed how people in the West are generally used to regarding a belief system.

Truth is, the vast majority of Muslims would call you an infidel - a pretend muslim - Islam is a hard core ideology - you do not get to pick and choose anything! - you just SUBMIT or suffer the consequences.

I respect your opinion dude. I have to say however, that throughout the years the translation of the Quran over the internet has some pretty vast, erm..., "additions" so to say. I have personally compared verses written in my Quran with ones on internet sites (religionofpeace.com) and have seen many many large differences.

Also, context is very very important with verses as well. You need to understand every single thing about the context of the verses- unbiased commentary as well.

Hmm well of all of the muslims I have personally met in Canada, America, Iran, Pakistan, England, and Africa, I have yet to be called an infidel. I am not saying that there isn't a radical element that is very harmful, but for you to say that the true muslims are just the minority of extremists, and that the rest of us are wrong because you've read it off a few websites with a preconceived notion of what Islam TRULY is, isn't the right way to go about it. So I know many of you can throw off random things like 'vast majority of Muslims' based on polls that ask around 200 people so that they can blast '70% of MUSLIMS WANT YOU UNDER SHARIA LAW' in headlines, isn't right.

We need to stop these things. We need to stop the whole 'zionist movement taking over' and 'muslim extremists are going to put us under their SHARIA LAW'. There is corruption in both sides. I have had family suffer over the harshness of Muslim extremists, and extremism needs to be dealt with. I will not, however, let you call the kind-hearted Muslims the fake ones. The five Pillars of Islam are Hajj, Salat, Fasting, Charity, and Faith in God. Those are the basic five pillars once again. These are the things I base my life on- the building blocks. I am not forcing it upon anyone, and I do not consider myself a fake Muslim. Stop trying to convince yourself that the MAJORITY of Muslims are planning a super-worldwide takeover. There are many sects with many different beliefs and it is just ignorant to group us all together, or to say that I am "a fake muslim". I have lived my life in a Muslim household with the choice to be whatever I wanted. I have read the Quran, except I wasn't trying to nitpick verses that I could use to justify some angry thoughts I had. I suggest you all realize that I am not the minority, despite how much you guys want to believe that I am.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join