It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shasta and Goliath: Bringing Down Corporate Rule

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Additional resources:

Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund
Global Exchange

partnerships made, alliances met....we are the ones weve been waiting for

∞♡∞

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

thank you dr. who....at 30 seconds:
"the doctor showed me a better way of living your life, you know he showed you too
you dont just give up
you dont just let things happen
you make a stand
you say no
you have the guts to do whats right when everyone else just runs away"

stand together forever

∞♡∞

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is great news... late to do this, but not too late. That proves how "direct democracy" is effective at smaller scales, since it's on the whole national scale where everything gets ruined.

There's nothing as powerful as popular justice, or "mob rule" as they call.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by awake1234

I would have rather debated with you than an ideological rival.

I am spiritual myself. The problem is, that those on the other side are not spiritual, they are exactly the opposite, they are pragmatists. They believe control to be the way and the word. You and I know that control is the way to absolute despotism if the wrong gain control.

Yes, you have a vision, be it blind or be it truth, it does not differentiate between the evil that is in the hearts of man or the power that is inherent to those that seek that power.

I should not have addressed the weak and easily influenced, but it seems you are pushing the same utopian ideals that has created distopian nightmares (nightmares-redundant I know, but for those that would not know distopian definition) in the past.

Control by any central authority has ALWAYS ended badly. Do you argue my tenet in this point?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Way to go Shasta, always liked that town. I live next door so to speak. Plumas County take note and follow suit. One question, what happens to all the people who have jobs working at these big corporations in these small towns? The Lumber Mill here works in conjunction with P.G. & E., this is about the only business around whom I understand, pay in access of $350,000.+++ just EPA fines every year, correct me if I'm wrong, if this business stopped production, in order to not eject all these pollutants into our air, etc. Hundreds of people would loose their jobs and this little hick town would fold right up....poof....gone.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by inpropurr

One question, what happens to all the people who have jobs working at these big corporations in these small towns?

It sounds like they are looking for a more responsible balance to the way business is done, not eliminating and shutting down the town. If there are damaging work practices undertaken then these will need to be addressed. If business are to move in then there is more than money impact that needs to be considered. These rules are not designed to close down development and progress, but have it performed in a way that removes a lot of the negative aspects that can follow the narrow sighted corporate interests.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Ohhhh, if that were true, what a beautiful world this would be. From Cloud Seeding to Commerce, it's always about the money with these Corporate Money Hugging Don't give a X%@$ Conglomerates. They don't care who they make sick, our little County, Plumas, has one of the highest cancer rates in California, I read this on a report on the Government Data Health Stats site, disclosing the health stats for this area, for the size of its population, its fact, not fiction.

Population:
•Total Population: 20,824
Disabilities:
•Total Reported: 8,019

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Hope I did this right, I'm new so forgive me if I didn't copy this link right

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Aloha

thank you all for sharing

saltheart foamfollower you appear vigilant in your desire for human liberation and its most noteworthy...thank you

let not the words of others stir you, nor your own engender division among brothers, as matters of opinion vary greatly from the acts of repression of the human spirit masquerading in our current social system

to answer your question, we are in complete agreement regarding the locus of control - it may only be found truly within each of us & therefore no hierarchy will ever be sufficient in light of the human spirit

however there is the fallacy that this is all the proposition of a utopian society - far from it, as it has been stated that this amendment is as yet imperfect, and yet inevitably every decision is bringing us farther, or closer to the expression of our full inner truth, even if the beginning is mired by the release of conditioning protocols of decaying social structures until we fully from the heart agree unanimously on a collective vision

point is to make one step at a time and do so by touching as many hearts of the human family as genuinely possible because the one who sarcastically spouts of 'isms' today may be the shoulder we lean on when tomorrow the sands begin shifting

We are together

We are One

∞♡∞

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thank you, awake1234 for such a wonderful thread.
In my opinion, this IS how "we" fix this country, grass-roots level, town by town, county by county, state by state.
I posted this on another board, linking back to this thread. I also sent it to my inbox and will forward to friends/family, plus some local government officials. Btw, I live in Pennsylvania, and it was heart-warming to read that some positive things are occurring nearby.
Starred.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

thank you friend

it is a special thing to share in the inspired vision of a collective group of humanity for positive transformation

and yes, having personal experience in pittsburgh pa, this is especially potent

∞♡∞

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thanks for making this into a thread.

It's really important that people realize that there are many things we CAN do in this sea of despair, and that our immediate community is where we start. Every aspect of 'local" is important; from knowing your neighbors, supporting your local farmer, and taking part of the decisions that are made for your community. If you don't want fluoride in you water, get your community involved to petition to remove it. If you don't agree with how other things are run, you change it with a cohesive community, at the level you have the most power.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Finally! The people are taking things into their own hands and realizing that this government is corrupt even though it's supposed to be "of the people, by the people and for the people."

Secretly, I've always thought a Direct Democracy would be a good idea instead of these "representitives" corrupting the world. Who knows...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Excellent video.

Leave out the reptilians and he really has some wonderful things to say.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
People still give me hope. Thank you for this thread. I also live in this county and it makes my heart happy soothes my mind and lifts my spirits!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Wonder idea and concept.

I truly hope it catches on worldwide.

Starred and Flagged.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
this is just typical not in my back yard attitude... for example...

Bigger cities are joining the fray. In Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, council member Doug Shields announced this August that he is about to introduce a bill banning corporations in the city from drilling for natural gas, an environmentally devastating practice known as "fracking."

does it say these places will stop using gas.. no..they just dont want to see the affects of it..
selfish... if you want to ban such exploits fair enough.. but be mighty enough to stop using the product too...
_javascript:icon('
')

kx

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Sorry, ixnay on my last comment, just read through your amendment thingy.

C. Congress shall regulate the amount of money used to disseminate ideas or shape public opinion in any federal election...

Wow, what the hell is that? Shape public opinion?

D. In the three months prior to any election for a federal position, all media or any other means of mass communication reaching more than 300,000 people shall provide equal time to all major presidential candidates...

So, who is going to determine major? The dems and repubs.

B. In order to prepare the people of the United States to live as environmentally and socially responsible citizens of the world, and to recognize that our own well being as citizens of the United States depends upon the well being of everyone else on Earth...

Wow, you sound like a damn New World Order and communist freak.

HEY, I would like to rescind my flag on this THREAD!

I was basically going to say the same thing...being from Commiefornia this drew a little red flag right away. It sounded really good at first but then when I started reading all of the environmental bullarky I knew it was too good to be true, the amendment sounds scarier

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm happy to see this post!
I was following the Shasta vs. corporation movement back when they first tried to pass the movement last year. They kept getting screwed by the local officials who were in the pocket of PG&E.
I'm so happy to see they came back for round two!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

Red flag there for me too.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake1234
reply to post by pianopraze

you are exactly right

grass roots is just that - planting our roots (out of this system) back in the Earth that gives life

thank you friend

∞♡∞

Michigan did the same thing to stop Nestle from removing water feeding Lake Michigan. So Nestle just went further up upstream onto private property, drilled into the aquifer that way. They put in several wells tapping the upstream aquifers. They truck it out at night. Good luck California... Fresh water is more valuable than oil and businesses (and banks) will do anything to get it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join