It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can A Dustbin have a consciousness?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Yeah that is what I wa trying to say. You said it better.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Quest4unity

This is a very good way to look at it. It doesn't have consciousness in the sense that it will ask you if you want to go get a burger (unless hallucinogens are involved), but, as was said, part of the consciousness is in assembling into that form (done by earth elementals on an energetic level-who have a consciousness and awareness of their own).

Another level is the atoms and particles themselves have a consciousness. My current conception of God is as a single point of consciousness that multiplied (big bang, from the void to the point of creation, etc.). Therefore, that consciousness, that spark of God is in every quark, every atom, every nucleus. That to my mind is what is meant by the idea that God is omnipresent. Therefore, everybody, everything, people, plant, or inanimate, is part of one thing and carries the spark of God, which is the seat of consciousness.

As for communicating with it, you can try to connect with the elementals that hold the energy of the dustbin in meditation, but as an object in itself, only with lots of drugs.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I liken this question to "does a galaxy have consciousness?"

Or even "does a body have consciousness?"

There is definitely consciousness somewhere inside this galaxy, and somewhere inside this body, but I'm not fully conscious of everything that's actually happening inside my body (in my liver, kidneys, etc), and I'm not consciousness of everything happening in the galaxy either obviously.

The dustbin itself, as the single entity we see it as, might not be conscious per se. But it's going to have bacteria on it at least, maybe microscopic fungus and who knows what else on an even smaller level. In that respect it's at least a living environment, even if not a living thing itself.

The same with our bodies. Our entire bodies aren't conscious in the way certain parts of them are, like our nervous system. People have to dedicate years of practice to learning to be able to sense certain parts of their bodies, that we aren't just innately aware of.

The way quantum physics is moving I would not at all be surprised to find galaxies within atoms. Worlds within worlds, "as above, so below," and all that good stuff.
edit on 17-1-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by robinmorningstar

you went to Tibet and asked an owl?
if you'd asked a lama:
a Buddhist would have told you it had Buddha nature.
a Bon-Po [being animist-shamanist] would have said yes
kwakakev has pointed out the QT point of view
Chaos Magic Theory [CMT] combines the animist and QT answer
in response to the OP:

have you ever read a short story called "The Rag Thing"

about a chemical-soaked rag that fell behind a radiator in a hotel that came to life and would crawl into the guests bed and suck all the heat out of it's victims?
[this was after the radiator stopped working and never got repaired]

careful what you toss in there and make sure you take out the trash before going to bed.

pleasant dreams.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

After reading all the replies, it is apparent that many of you actually understood what I was trying to say and the 'skeptical, closed minded individuals, actually stayed away. (Probably because they read the title and thought "Jeesh here we go again")

Just because a dustbin has no real importance in our lives except for the fact that it holds our discarded litter. Does not mean that it doesn't have awareness. When I talk about awareness I am not saying that a dustbin has eyes,ears,nose,mouth e.t.c but a conscious vibration in which it exists.

One member said that not without hullinogens, (in a satirical way) the thing is without breaking TC's scientific studies actually undertaken in controlled conditions have concluded that it is entirely possible that anything of this earth can have its unique consciousness that we can interface with.

I remember reading the thread about the magnified 'critters' that we can now see due to our improved technology, we can now see how bed bugs and dustmites operate in their everyday life and its fascinating (at least to me) Years ago people would have said "don't be silly, bed bugs don't behave in the same way as other insects and animals" However now we know they do.

When I talk about speaking to dustbins, I am not talking about speaking to them with your voice but actually experiencing them on their level of vibration.

edit on 18-1-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I fall into both camps but was just teasing about the drugs. I know what you were asking and attempted to answer accordingly

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Dustbin. Zoom in to atom view( vibration) Man throws in an empty cola can. Atoms will pick up that vibiration, dont know how it resonates, but if it keeps resonating it means it has stored the info of the empty cola can forever.

Forever conscious of that can bin thrown in.

Being philosophical

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Dustbin. Zoom in to atom view( vibration) Man throws in an empty cola can. Atoms will pick up that vibiration, dont know how it resonates, but if it keeps resonating it means it has stored the info of the empty cola can forever.

Being philosophical

Where do the atoms come from that pick up the vibration forst of all?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

I fall into both camps but was just teasing about the drugs. I know what you were asking and attempted to answer accordingly

I understood but the problem is I can't go in to great detail as this would go against TC's. I appreciate your honest reply.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Being philosophical

Where do the atoms come from that pick up the vibration forst of all?

If I punch you,you will bounce on my knuckles(I will never do that for real to you:lol

If I throw in a can of cola in the bin, it vibrates due to the touch of the can against the bin.

I go even further.

When the can enters point of no return, the air it displace also effect the bin on a atom level, then when the can touches the bin.

The bin knows. If it was an painted can, how much still was in it, the speed it was thrown in etc.
We just dont know how to distract that info yet.

When you have a an iron plate, and you put an needle on it with a cone atached on it, you can embed your voice in the iron. Scratch and sing in the cone, then with the proper needle and horn you can hear what you have sang.

Where do the atoms come from
You just displace already existing atoms, or these atoms are there for passing info. So it goes through them.

Where do atoms come from? The big bang duh..

Aluminium record

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
To answer this question with any clarity, we must first quantify what consciousness is; if it even exists or if it's an illusion and so forth. We just aren't there yet. All we can really do is philosophise about it.

Perhaps everything has some type of 'atomic consciousness'. Atoms don't appear to differentiate between being a rock or a human being. They behave the same regardless of what superstructure they are part of. From an atomic perspective, everything in the universe is the same. Perhaps dustbins (or the atoms it's composed off) know they are part of something much larger... much grander? Who knows... we are limited in our understanding of basically everything.

Digressing a bit but still on the subject of consciousness...
I saw a documentary once on a woman that was born deaf, blind and paralysed, yet somehow through the poking and stroking of her face/head she was able to learn communication and thus learn and conceptualise about the world and people around her. How did she even know she was alive in all that stillness, darkness and silence? How did she know that the repetitive sensations of pressure (the touching of her skin) were some form of communication from something other than herself? How did she conceptualise with no common frame of reference to construct even the most basic understanding of 'self'? She could have very well been a rock for all she knew. Absolutely amazing!

IRM

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If we define garbage bins to have consciousness, why not quarks or even space itself?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
If we define garbage bins to have consciousness, why not quarks or even space itself?

Exactly! Why not indeed!

IRM

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Yes ofc the lid has a consciousness. It exists in all things...

kx

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Yes ofc the lid has a consciousness. It exists in all things...

kx

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Perhaps everything has some type of 'atomic consciousness'. Atoms don't appear to differentiate between being a rock or a human being. They behave the same regardless of what superstructure they are part of. From an atomic perspective, everything in the universe is the same. Perhaps dustbins (or the atoms it's composed off) know they are part of something much larger... much grander? Who knows... we are limited in our understanding of basically everything.

Indeed we are IRM indeed we are.

The most amazing thing I thought of when reading your post was how cells divide during pregnancy, how does a cell that belongs to an ear know that it belongs to an ear and must find its way to make up the ear? and the nose, the mouth, the leg e.t.c. Its as though each cell has a consciousness that can be understood by the hu-man body, it is absolutely mind boggling and so intriguing when you look deeper in to these things.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
To answer this question with any clarity, we must first quantify what consciousness is; if it even exists or if it's an illusion and so forth. We just aren't there yet. All we can really do is philosophise about it.

As far as rigorous scientific purposes go this is true, but for subjective experience it isn't, because all of us here have access to consciousness "from the inside" so to speak, because it's what we use to live, think, feel, breathe, etc....

People using techniques like meditation have learned how to narrow in on what their consciousness is and isn't within their bodies, what it does, how it works, things like that, though it takes them years to do so. And then they come back and explain what equates to consciousness being a multi-dimensional thing outside of the normal 3/4 dimensions science is just getting a grasp on. Even Dr. William Tiller at Stanford is publishing scientific models that account for this, and can also account for various things that so far have been very controversial in science.

The problem is trying to trade in these subjective experiences for objective ones that science can measure. And the reason this is problem seems more than anything to do with the fact that, our bodies are the only tools we have at this point that can access consciousness at all, or at least that allow us to be intimate with the experience of consciousness so as to experience it directly ourselves!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
All matter is energy condensed to a slow vibration.

Could a dustbin possess a concious ?

After reading of quiet a few of the discoveries in the field of quantum mechanics, it would not surprise me.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
consciousness?

Below is a video from channeller Bashar.
He talks about something related to consciousness, interesting.
( philosophical its interesting)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Consciousness is an effect of biological matter in the form of brain. Your dustbin cannot have consciousness.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join