It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Ways Science Could Make Us Immortal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by buddybaney

No, i do not want to be immortal, the article does not speak for everyone.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by buddybaney

And how much time do you think would pass before even you may start to curse this gift of science ?
A methuselah's existence is not necessarily a bed of roses.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I've always thought this topic was fascinating. If it did become a reality, then it could be a really good thing. Life's too short in my opinion and there's so many things I want to learn about and not enough time.

I'd have to say I'm in favour of the nanotech approach over any other method that I've seen so far. Cryonics is an option that's available right now to pretty much anyone, it's pretty reasonably priced too. I suppose it's not exactly a way to live forever, but it's a start. I don't really like the thought of having my brain frozen though.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
But....I thought that there could be only one.

Also, Cracked.com rules. Many great articles and lists. It's not just for snotty pre-teens any more.

STH

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey
Why would anybody want to be immortal ? What are you gonna do when the Sun eventually goes Supernova , drift around in space for an eternity ? lol

Not necessarily immortal but if it can give me back my 17yr old figure and smooth skin then I would be happy.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
i have a question, hoping someone can counter it - if the elites have the elixir of life why do they suffer from cancer and die?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19872012
i have a question, hoping someone can counter it - if the elites have the elixir of life why do they suffer from cancer and die?

Maybe its all a hoax.

Like Tupac.

Realistically, they probably don't have the Elixir yet. Though they could and it may only stop aging. This would mean they can still die from from various diseases, including cancer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join