It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Scares, Crises and Super-Flu Fixes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The health news sites are peppered with news releases about current outbreaks of H5N1 Bird Flu and H1N1 Swine Flu - often in the same region. The fear is that the two strains will swap genetic information, and create a Super Flu.

It's a legitimate fear and predictable outcome. Later if not sooner.

So governments are desperate, funding Big Pharma and biotech, hoping to prevent or at least stall the inevitable. Two "solutions" have been developed, mostly with our tax dollars:

1. A Universal Flu Vaccine; and

2. Genetically Modified (GM) Chickens Immune to Flu.

The big scare is that it's young people who are most susceptible, and most likely to die.

Most of the deaths in Mexico, however, "were reportedly adults aged 20 to 49 with no known complicating factors," said Irena Kenneley, PhD, APRN-BC, CIC, a member of the Scientific Research Council of the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology.

So many deaths among the young and seemingly healthy, who usually fend off flu far better than infants or the elderly, has experts speculating that H1N1's lethal mechanism may be the so-called "cytokine storm."

Usually seen in ICU patients battling severe sepsis, the cytokine storm occurs when the body mounts a hyper-reactive immune response so massive it harms itself, sometimes fatally.

It's the biological equivalent of friendly fire.

We ARE vulnerable. And we're programmed to think that disease should be prevented, treated and cured. …Vaccines and GM chickens fall under the "prevention" category of response.

But we all know how microbial evolution works: Barricade and seal one door - the little suckers just sneak through another crack. And there's always another crack.

So now, Big Pharma and bio-tech both have their golden goose. It's guaranteed new strains will develop to bypass the "immunity" - and so, there's a guaranteed market for new vaccines and now, new GM chickens, into perpetuity.

I've thought about this for years and come to the conclusion we need to totally rethink our assumptions about what vaccines do, and about what "disease" is.

I've come to believe that our very existence results from complex interractions between virtually every molecule in our environment, and depends on an elaborate balance that was 4.5 billion years in the making.

I think we're disrupting that balance, overnight, and playing with it at our own peril. I have no doubt that the balance we call life is robust, self-adjusting and self-sustaining - but there are limits. Only some of those limits are evident in the chronic disease pandemic in humans, mass animal deaths and mass extinctions.

new topics

join