It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin is coming!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
ELE(ven)NIN(e) ? Interesting...

Anyway,asked this in another Thread,but didnt get an Answer. Since our Sun is getting closer to a Solar Maximum (is that the right Description?)...is it possible that this could affect the Path of Comets/Asteroids etc.?
edit on 18-1-2011 by Shenon because: spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I came across another image of the comet. From here: spaceobs.org...

Dose anyone know what the 15" means in the picture on the right hand side?

EDIT: Ok so on my search for a possible size for Elenin i came across this site where someone has had a guess at what we can expect the size to be.

Hartley passed us a few months ago at around 0.12 AU distance and it certianly did't get anywhere near 2 mag. More like 5. Ok thats 4 times further away and mag 5 is 16x dimmer than mag 2 so this seems to say that the guys plotting expected brightness are expecting it to be sort of hartley sized/active. The starting point is at ~4AU away at discovery its only mag 19

Link: www.cloudynights.com...
edit on 18/1/11 by boo1981 because: To add more info

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

I note that on the space obs site they are referring to it as an hyperbolic comet, which means it is a once only visitor. In some respects I think that makes it's appearance even more prophecy fulfilling!

Either way as I said before this is an event that we will never see again!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
not trying to be pessimistic but i hope this doesnt start an stampede of paranoid doomers to scream the sky is falling( which isnt to say it isnt but i dont think its time to start getting the cool aid out just yet)

But it IS a fantastic find by the OP and i must say hats off to you and your source for the scoop on this. i will be following this closely and i hope the discussion here is tapered with logic and reason and not fear and fantasy.

i can only imagine the number of nut bad thread that will pop up from now till the end of the year with Kellogs fruit loops claiming some deranged claim like ufo's riding the tail of this thing. or god forbid they claim to jump a ride you have to abandon you physical suit and ascend to the heavens.

good luck to us all. interesting times ahead for us all.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Did you read the crazy correlations one page before???
Deep Impact movie is becoming a real thing!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Troops coming home from abroad ? WTF?
edit on 18-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

www.wired.com...

May 19 1910 --- May 10 like in Deep Impact

www.suite101.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

I did indeed and thanks for pointing them out. I was just assembling them - all of them - in a note to myself for future reference.

As tim3lord said - there is going to be a huge number of nut job threads as this gets closer and maybe even more coincidences will appear.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
October 21 2011:

Timewave Zero correlation

1938 - January 25 – A brilliant aurora borealis described variously as "a curtain of fire" and a "huge blood-red beam of light" startles people across Europe and is visible as far south as Gibraltar.

October 18 2011

Tmz correlation:

Hindenberg incident, explosion

October 28 2011

Tmz correlation:

Start of world war 2nd on this same day

September 5 2011

Tmz correlation:

October 1929

November 6 2011

Tmz correlation:

Huge bombing of London

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thats it there most likely will be quite a few nut job threads in regards to the sky is falling and what not!
But this will be the only thread on this matter that i will keep coming to for information and to deposit some myself (if no one has beat me to it
)

Im not feeling worry over this (not just yet anyway) In fact im quite excited about seeing this in the sky

And anyway im quite happy to go out with a bang!!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

If the electric comet theory is to be believed then a brush with the tail of the comet could turn out to be interesting.

I am more concerned with the debris that might be following in it's wake if it is large enough to drag anything with it.

Keep the coincidences coming! Fascinating stuff

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

I certainly would like to think that this thread could become the repository for Elenin information on ATS as the comet approaches - a sort of Comet Watch thread and in that respect it would be nice if it could eventually get stickied. I shall leave it in my signature.

I shall certainly be posting anything I get here, and I look forward to your input and that of everyone else as regards this quite important one off event in our lives.

I thank you all for you input so far - keep it coming!

@randyvs
I must go and watch Deep Impact again!

edit on 18/1/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Zagari

If the electric comet theory is to be believed then a brush with the tail of the comet could turn out to be interesting.

I am more concerned with the debris that might be following in it's wake if it is large enough to drag anything with it.

Exactly this will be an excellent chance for astronomers armature and professional to observe a comet up close and put to rest a few suspicions. I for one am exited and cant wait for this even. If we are all going to die there is nothing we can do about it anyway and we dont then we are in for one hell of a aerial display. what a fantastic time to be alive.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Somehow, I feel this will be the least of our worries for the next coming months....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Deep Impact:

1998 - year of discovery
1999 - year of comet public
2000 - Year the world should have ended

Reality:

2010 - year of discovery
2011 - Year of comet public
2012 - Famous for end of the world prophecies

NOVEMBER 6 2011 IS EID AL- ADHA

Eid al-Adha (Arabic: عيد الأضحى‎ ‘Īdu l-’Aḍḥā) or "Festival of Sacrifice" or "Greater Eid" is an important religious holiday celebrated by Muslims worldwide to commemorate the willingness of Abraham (Ibrahim) to sacrifice his son Ishmael (Isma'il) as an act of obedience to God, before God intervened to provide him with a ram to sacrifice instead.[1] The meat is divided into three parts to be distributed to others. The family retains one third of the share, another third is given to relatives, friends and neighbors, and the other third is given to the poor & needy.

AUGUST 16 1999 - deep impact date:

Gozan no Okuribi (五山送り火), more commonly known as Daimonji (大文字), is one of the iconic festivals of Kyoto, Japan. It is the culmination of the O-Bon festival on August 16th, in which five giant bonfires are lit on mountains surrounding the city. It signifies the moment when the spirits of deceased family members, who are said to visit this world during O-Bon, are believed to be returning to the spirit world—thus the name Okuribi (送り火) (roughly, "send-off fire").

The origins of the festival are obscure, but it is believed to be ancient. Specific families have the hereditary duty of organizing all the logistics of the bonfires, and they spend many hours annually providing volunteer labor to maintain this tradition.

Starting at 8PM, the giant bonfires are lit, each with a distinctive shape. Three of the fires form giant Chinese characters, and two form familiar shapes

From Hammer of God wikipedia:

Clarke reintroduces the idea of project Spaceguard, which he first mentioned in Rendezvous with Rama as a project to detect near-Earth objects. The Spaceguard featured in The Hammer of God would seem to be the Spaceguard that exists in the real world, inspired by and named after the one in Rendezvous with Rama, as it is remarked to have taken its name from an obscure science fiction novel, and the--- 9/11/2077 --- ( 9/11 ) impact that prompted the Spaceguard of Rendezvous with Rama is only mentioned in the book's "Acknowledgements and Sources".

edit on 18-1-2011 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

Release Date:26 November 1978 (USA
Astronomers discover a comet that they believe will crash into Phoenix, Arizona. They attempt to warn officials, but no one believes them.

Release October 19 1979 - 10 / 10 - 11 / 10-16 - 11/ 6
METEOR

Storyline
After a collision with a comet, a nearly 8km wide piece of the asteroid "Orpheus" is heading towards Earth. If it will hit it will cause a incredible catastrophe which will probably extinguish mankind. To stop the meteor NASA wants to use the illegal nuclear weapon satellite "Hercules" but discovers soon that it doesn't have enough fire power. Their only chance to save the world is to join forces with the USSR who have also launched such an illegal satellite. But will both governments agree?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim3lord

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Zagari

Exactly this will be an excellent chance for astronomers armature and professional to observe a comet up close and put to rest a few suspicions. I for one am exited and cant wait for this even. If we are all going to die there is nothing we can do about it anyway and we dont then we are in for one hell of a aerial display. what a fantastic time to be alive.

That's the band wagon for me. Only thing I can think of to add to that is the word ARK. I urge everyone to perform an Act of Random Kindness everyday.from this day forward. To a person unknown to them.
i mean what the hell ? Why not?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

2012 - Famous for end of the world prophecies

2013 - Formulation of new gloom and doom theories.

repeat as needed.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Interesting that this was discovered by a Russian.

This might explain the news from Russia last year that they are in a big hurry to upgrade and build a huge new number of underground 'nuclear shelters' . That story seemed very odd at the time. It makes perfect sense now.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I posted about TU24 a few years back, and it scared the bejeezus outta me.

There is no celebrating anything of this proportion

Dont celebrate. Prepare.

I would hate to think this could be the end of us all.

I will believe it is not. But I will not take it lightly.

Mungo

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mungodave

What is TU24 by the way?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join