It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin is coming!

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Serendipity7

Terral03 has already left for his group meet in the caves of the Ozarks .. he is really worried.
His is the first video, and he is an astronomer.

Good riddance, then. And no, he is most certainly not an astronomer! He is a cultist and dead-beat dad.
protect.theinfo.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Comet Elenin is coming!

Source: SOTT
www.sott.net...

It is called Elenin since it was discovered by Leonid Elenin. I expect the internet to soon be ringing with rumors and news bytes about this comet. For now, there isn't much to say so I'm sharing what I've received in private from an astronomer at a big observatory that shall remain anonymous for the moment. He says:

1. It is too early to accurately predict the future path - it's orbital parameters haven't been revised.

2. Among the observable hyperbolic and parabolic comets (those that come from the Oort cloud) this one has the smallest perihelion distance and the smallest inclination to the ecliptic plane.

3. Comet Elenin's orbit may be unstable as it may encounter some dark bodies, for example, in the asteroid belt or even some Taurid objects. What would happen in those cases is a matter of luck.

4. This comet may carry a significant amount of material with it and if it follows the currently projected orbit, the Earth may very well pass through this material.

5. If Elenin is anything like what Victor Clube or James McCanney describes, we might be in for some surprises - good or bad, who knows?

When this was first discovered in December last year it was calculated that it would pass 8.8 Au (8.8 times the distance of the Sun form us) away. Now today the orbital calculation is down to 0.24 Au with a minimum as low as 0.15. This is being re-calculated all the time and could get even closer but it depends what it encounters in the Oort belt.

The Moon is 0.00256 Au form us to give you a comparison.

You should be aware the this comet could bring debris with it and we will pass through the debris trail – if it exists – around the 6th November 2011. Could this new long period comet (?) be the origin of the stories of Nibiru?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0275420efcc6.gif[/atsimg]

You can look at all the technical details here: Jet Propulsion Labs small-body database browser. This also has the _javascript animation from which that image was taken.

It is definitely something to be watching out for and I shall try and keep this thread updated with information as the closest approach draws nearer.

edit on 17/1/2011 by PuterMan because: Could not make the link work

That is wicked scary. I saw that video you have the still from about the planets all lining together. Earth will not be able to take that gravitational pull if and when it does happen.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderMyLove

That is wicked scary. I saw that video you have the still from about the planets all lining together. Earth will not be able to take that gravitational pull if and when it does happen.

It already has. Many, many times:

Chinese records on the correlation of heliocentric planetary alignments and earthquake activities

W. -H. Ip
Department of Applied Physics and Information Science, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Received 6 January 1976; revised 3 February 1976. Available online 26 October 2002.

Abstract
A short account of the correlation of heliocentric planetary alignments and the earthquake activities in Northern China is given. It appears that such arrangement of planetary orbital positions has no effect on the triggering of earthquakes.

www.sciencedirect.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Let me remote view comet eli movie start looks like snow falling dust no impact storms lights DANGER, DANGER will robinson. This propaganda on elinin is all a big hoax. Nothing will happen. Danger will robinson, danger. compute, malfunction, I need oil. Elenin is a hoax, there is no proof, of it even comming close to earth. Why do they persist in this hoax?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Terral03 has already left for his group meet in the caves of the Ozarks .. he is really worried.
His is the first video, and he is an astronomer.

Good riddance, then. And no, he is most certainly not an astronomer! He is a cultist and dead-beat dad.
protect.theinfo.org...

The link to Protect the Info/pacer --- tripped my security software, such as it is ... could you let me know what is in it or something about it .. if I am to risk an over ride ... please.

Pacer /// just in time compilers /// the web of the living, the comatose and others?

Tia

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
Let me remote view comet eli movie start looks like snow falling dust no impact storms lights DANGER, DANGER will robinson. This propaganda on elinin is all a big hoax. Nothing will happen. Danger will robinson, danger. compute, malfunction, I need oil. Elenin is a hoax, there is no proof, of it even comming close to earth. Why do they persist in this hoax?

Because even if the threat is remote, or even non-existent ... the information about this is huge and viral (end of the world stuff usually is) and stamped right into our culture!!

To ignore it is to be childish, to over rate it is to be too simple minded .. but to credit the possibility, and seek verifiable validation ... or to find facts enough to dismiss it .. that is wise. ... Do not fault your neighbors and friends for trying to find paths to wisdom, though each may have his own way.

Apply the Golden Rule, it is so very easy!

If this is Typhon returning ... or some similar item .. [there is one called Behemoth which is said to be very hard to see!!] ... well, the Earth will have a bad go, and we tiny items on her outer shell will be hard pressed to survive if it is as documented in the old texts. ... Entire lost civilizations have been found, but only a few destroyed by fire -- seemingly from above.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
C/2010 X1 Elenin must be the most talked about comet in history, and for all the wrong reasons.
edit on 8-7-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b47fb9b3366c.png[/atsimg]

I have downloaded this file and checked it for viruses - no problems. I have renamed it in case the name was a problem and you can download it from my dropbox

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Alright what do you all think of this video?
Nibiru seen from Hawaii Observatory is the subject.

Now the date of this filing is May 28-29th. The object in question comes up at the end of the video and the time stamp is around 3 am. I have seen comments that its saturn and also the moon. I notice just after the object comes into view the video flashes, wonder why? Also of interest is that it seems to have smaller objects surrounding it.

Hopefully someone with stellarium can prove what this is.
edit on 8-7-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

It is the Moon and Jupiter.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

How do you know for sure? You usually give a link.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

You don't believe me?
earthsky.org...
www.skymaponline.net...

edit on 7/8/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

You don't believe me?
earthsky.org...
www.skymaponline.net...

edit on 7/8/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Has there been some consensus that I missed out on that you are all-knowing and not to be questioned?
Now, when I watch the video the object that rises looks large and round, while your first link shows the moon to be a sliver on that date. Shall we go with camera effects on this anomoly? The second link didn't help me, went to today's date. Appreciate that effort anyway, since figuring out where the moon and planets are on a give day and time troubles me.

Alright, we'll go with moon
www.ifa.hawaii.edu...

edit on 8-7-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Has there been some consensus that I missed out on that you are all-knowing and not to be questioned?

Not that I've noticed. But what's to prevent you from doing your own research to support or refute my statement?

The second link allows you to select date, time, and location.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Not that I've noticed. But what's to prevent you from doing your own research to support or refute my statement?

The second link allows you to select date, time, and location.

touche

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Quite good that. You could verify it using Home Planet if you wanted to. All you would need to do is set the observation co-ordinates. It is much less 'intensive' than Stellarium. I find it a very useful tool for identifying stars and celestial bodies.

The flashing by the way is almost certainly the camera adjusting the aperture due to the increased light levels.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well, Elenin fans, Just a note to say hello
AS we get closer to the apocolypto event..
I hope you all have had fun with the ELEnin tale.
and look forward to the unraveling to this secret event

bump

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I said in GLP that comet Elenin is likely the Nibiru or a larger body, and that the Bosnian scientist (can't spell his name) was probably under threat for his latest statements. When i decided to post again, my posts didn't go. Next try, and I received a screen saying my IP was banned from the forum, and a red warning saying: should I try another IP, they may ban my internet altogether.
And that is GLP who pretends to care out the good fight in the name of the freedom of speech! # you GLP! You are a mind-control device of those who say you protect us from! Not even the government, that cannot be that stupid and one-sided, as your mods are!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Just a bump to remind all you ELEnin fans to post here instead of a new thread of this topic.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I believe whilst everyone is fussing about elenin they are being distracted from this

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join