It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Comet Elenin is coming!

page: 67
384
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I just wanted to add this tidbit.

In the movie Season of the Witch released this year. There is a forest of pain and destruction that goes by the name Wormwood. I find this quite odd, the forest could of been named anything but they chose Wormwood. Makes me wonder why?




posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by loki41872
Can I inject some sanity here?

Comet Hartley passed within 0.12 AU of Earth just a couple of months ago at a magnitude 5. Anybody remember that? I do. I searched for that comet every night for a month with a 150mm F/5 refractor telescope designed for deep space objects and never found it, even when right on the coordinates it was supposed to be at.

Elenin is now projected to pass within 0.24 to 0.26 AU... Over twice as far away! Latest projections put it at magnitude 6 to 8, practically invisible to the unaided eye unless in a VERY dark-sky area.

This is just another comet, one of dozens that pass this way each year. It's not even going to qualify for "Great Comet" status, much less be the "World Killer" people are making it out to be.


Comet Elenin may be a Brown Dwarf Star (not too unlike Saturn which is also a non-burning star).
Comet Elenin gives off particles! Ice does not radiate.
Comet Elenin is supposedly at nearly absolute zero ... I think most space bodies are, but .. this has been given as a reason it is so dark.
Comet Elenin has been photographed from the South Pole, in Infrared, it really does put on a show! (IRAS)

There is some speculation on the "gravity trough" which will form between Elenin and the Sun .. which becomes a bigger problem after it is beyond us.
Some have blamed this gravity trough for the Japan 9.0 Quake, others have other notions.

It has several bodies (7 at this time) already noted, and computed, Levy will pass very close!
It is said to have left hundreds of miles of debris behind it in space. ... but I have not finished this thread, so I will now go back to reading it!

Be safe, make a "just in case kit" .. you can always use it later and save a month's worth of $$ on groceries.
Of course Nostradamus said famine is next .. so maybe not. ...



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Serendipity7
 



Comet Elenin may be a Brown Dwarf Star (not too unlike Saturn which is also a non-burning star).


Wrong.


Comet Elenin gives off particles! Ice does not radiate.


Prove it.


Comet Elenin is supposedly at nearly absolute zero ... I think most space bodies are, but .. this has been given as a reason it is so dark.


Given as a reason by whom?


Comet Elenin has been photographed from the South Pole, in Infrared, it really does put on a show! (IRAS)


Wow, what is IRAS doing at the South Pole? I think you're getting your hoaxes confused.


There is some speculation on the "gravity trough" which will form between Elenin and the Sun .. which becomes a bigger problem after it is beyond us.


There is also speculation that Santa Claus prefers oatmeal cookies over chocolate chip.


Some have blamed this gravity trough for the Japan 9.0 Quake, others have other notions.


My money is on the "other notions."


It has several bodies (7 at this time) already noted, and computed, Levy will pass very close!


Where did you get this misinformation?


It is said to have left hundreds of miles of debris behind it in space. ...


Said by whom?


but I have not finished this thread, so I will now go back to reading it!


Don't you think you should have read it before you commented?


Be safe, make a "just in case kit" .. you can always use it later and save a month's worth of $$ on groceries.
Of course Nostradamus said famine is next .. so maybe not. ...


I'm pretty sure Nostradamus doesn't say anything of the sort... you're even getting your flim-flam wrong.



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Serendipity7
 


So many false claims in this post. Where to begin? Elenin is 100% not a brown dwarf. If it were it would be reflecting an enormous amount of light right now and be highly visible. An object's temperature has nothing to do with the light it reflects. Just look at Pluto. For its size it appears extremely bright. This is due to the fact that it is composed mainly of frozen methane which is very reflective. IRAS was a satellite that was launched in January of 1983 and had a 10 month mission. I don't know what it would be doing in Antarctica or even still functioning. Can you explain to me how an object that is 3 km. across and not very dense is going to affect gravity or bring objects along with it?



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Elenin's orbital elements were updated again on July 2 at the JPL Small-Body Database:

Closest approach to Earth: 2011-Oct-16 19:51, +/-



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Forgive me if this has been mentioned already but i think it's interesting that there was a major planetary alignment with Earth and Elenin on 3/11 (Japan Quake) and this next one is tomorrow, 7/7... both dates of Al-Queda bombings (Madrid and London), and that 9/11 is when Elenin reaches the perihelion of earth...

Just thought it was interesting to point out if it hadn't been pointed out already. Doesn't necessarily mean anything but i thought i'd throw it in.
edit on 6-7-2011 by RazorX because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2011 by RazorX because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I have to admit I've been holding back for quite sometime on this. I know Puter dosn't mind the many coincidentialities I've already brought to the attention of those interested. Consider the title wave.


edit on 6-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RazorX
Forgive me if this has been mentioned already but i think it's interesting that there was a major planetary alignment with Earth and Elenin on 3/11 (Japan Quake) and this next one is tomorrow, 7/7... both dates of Al-Queda bombings (Madrid and London), and that 9/11 is when Elenin reaches the perihelion of earth...

Just thought it was interesting to point out if it hadn't been pointed out already. Doesn't necessarily mean anything but i thought i'd throw it in.
edit on 6-7-2011 by RazorX because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2011 by RazorX because: (no reason given)


Interesting, but not true.

The Earth, Elenin and the Sun have never come into a perfect line. The Earth and Elenin were separated by over 3 degrees when viewed from the Sun on March 11. They were closest, at just under 1 degree, on March 14th.

There is no alignment between Earth, Elenin and the Sun tomorrow. The Earth and Elenin will be separated by about 87.5 degrees as viewed from the Sun tomorrow, about as far as you can possibly get from an alignment.

And Elenin reaches perihelion (closest point to the Sun) on September 10th. It will be closest to Earth October 16th, as the post right above yours points out.



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor
 


Splitting hairs are we ? I agree perfect alignmenbt isn't true. Still that's pretty damn close to perfect alignment.
And maybe we should be thankful it wasn't a perfect alignment. And is tomorrows alignment going to be perfect ?
Yikes, gulp. i'm thinking these dates already are being calculated astronomically and all calendars have been possibly adjusted so that the numbers of the dates fall on astronimical occuraqnces. Possible ? My God what have I said ?
edit on 6-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Ok enough crap:

arxiv.org...
Dr. Mensur Omerbashich bio:
W o r k
Geophysics Institute; Hungary, Marie Curie Fellow
Berkeley National Lab; California, USA - lead geodesist
DGT Inc.; Boston, Massachusetts, USA - Geodesist
E d u c a t i o n
PhD theoretical geophysics (under Petr VaníÄ?ek) - UNB
MSc space geodesy (by transfer to PhD) - UNB, Canada
Advanced CADD - MIT, Cambridge Massachusetts, USA
A f f i l i a t i o n s
Geophysics Institute; Budapest Hungary, EU
Berkeley National Lab; Berkeley California, USA
Physics Dept, Faculty of Science; U of Sarajevo, Bosnia.

ITS A THEORY.

Published here



To give his theory,, credince.


Me.



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by nataylor
 


Splitting hairs are we ? I agree perfect alignmenbt isn't true. Still that's pretty damn close to perfect alignment.
And maybe we should be thankful it wasn't a perfect alignment. And is tomorrows alignment going to be perfect ?
Yikes, gulp. i'm thinking these dates already are being calculated astronomically and all calendars have been possibly adjusted so that the numbers of the dates fall on astronimical occuraqnces. Possible ? My God what have I said ?
edit on 6-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)


Over 3 degrees is "pretty damn close to perfect?" Given any three bodies randomly placed in 3D space, the maximum angular separation between two of the bodies, when viewed from the third is 60 degrees. So within 3 degrees constitutes 1/20th of the possible angles. Around March 14th, the angular separation between the Earth and Sun viewed from Elenin was within 3 degrees for over 14 days. Around September 5th of 2010, the angular separation between the Earth and Sun viewed from Elenin was within 3 degrees for over 50 days. Around August 27th of 2009, the angular separation between the Earth and Sun viewed from Elenin was within 3 degrees for nearly 80 days. Before the middle of 2007, the angular separation between the Earth and Sun viewed from Elenin was within 3 degrees for several thousand years.

And there is nothing close to an alignment between the Earth, Elenin and the Sun tomorrow. Here's what the solar system will look like at noon tomorrow, as viewed directly over the plane of the Earth's orbit:




posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Ok enough crap:

arxiv.org...
Dr. Mensur Omerbashich bio:
W o r k
Geophysics Institute; Hungary, Marie Curie Fellow
Berkeley National Lab; California, USA - lead geodesist
DGT Inc.; Boston, Massachusetts, USA - Geodesist
E d u c a t i o n
PhD theoretical geophysics (under Petr VaníÄ?ek) - UNB
MSc space geodesy (by transfer to PhD) - UNB, Canada
Advanced CADD - MIT, Cambridge Massachusetts, USA
A f f i l i a t i o n s
Geophysics Institute; Budapest Hungary, EU
Berkeley National Lab; Berkeley California, USA
Physics Dept, Faculty of Science; U of Sarajevo, Bosnia.

ITS A THEORY.

Published here



To give his theory,, credince.


Me.
It's not "published" by Cornell. ArXiv is a web site that anyone can post a paper to. It doesn't have to be reviewed by anyone qualified. It does not need to have been published in a scientific journal. As they say on the web site:

Disclaimer: Papers will be entered in the listings in order of receipt on an impartial basis and appearance of a paper is not intended in any way to convey tacit approval of its assumptions, methods, or conclusions by any agent (electronic, mechanical, or other).



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome
 


Since this "paper" was released I have been trying to follow up on Dr. Omerbashich's credentials and the results are interesting. First, the Geodetic and Geophysical Research Institute of HAS has no record of him as a member or a scientist. I know this name does not match the Geophysics Institute, but this is the closest I could find in Hungary. I have found no connection between Dr. Omerbashich and a DGT Inc. in Boston. In fact I am having trouble finding a DGT Inc. in Boston. He is not listed as working at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. I have read some reports that say he worked there in 2004-2005, but not as Lead Geodesist. His title, amongst tens of others was Mechanical Engineer. His connection with MIT is that he took one class there in CADD. Pretty much the only thing that lines up with what he says is that he did do his grad work at the University of New Brunswick where he did co-author some papers with Petr Vanicek. However, these papers did not deal with topics pertinent to his current "papers" such as seismicity.



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254
 


Too "nataylor" as well,,

My point is based on his published theory,, has anything changed in the time frame since his publication too present day,, which supports his theory,, at which point theory then is regarded as fact.
Or at least that is the way it used too work for the following acedemics:

Kepler
Copernicae
Newton
Watt
Tesla
Einstien

etcccc.

Or has scientific discovery, once again been relegated too the Dark Ages,, (Which by the way wasn't Dark)



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome
 



My point is based on his published theory,, has anything changed in the time frame since his publication too present day,, which supports his theory,, at which point theory then is regarded as fact.


Actually, the test of his "theory" will be if it makes verifiable predictions. We'll know soon enough.



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
I guess this is getting a bit off topic, but looking up Lagrange points, it looks as though we use these points to park satellites in a mostly stable orbit around the sun.

map.gsfc.nasa.gov...

All except point L5. This point is on the opposite side of the sun from earth at all times. Rumors of Planet X sitting at that point are mentioned! Ooooh, brought it back on topic! Well sorta.
enjoy.


Sounds Painful: Are Deadly Asteroids Stuck in Earth’s Lagrangian Points?

by Ian O'Neill on February 21, 2009
www.universetoday.com...

This addresses STEREO, Lagrangian points and asteroids.



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl
 
nice info




posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Would any of you amateur astronomers like to contribute to CometEleninWatch.com I could use a hand with some initial set up and someone to help update the site with info. It is not a for profit site. It is purely informational and for people like me that have been concerned about this topic and would like to keep up to date with it in a dedicated format.

PM me if you are interested. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.



posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Serendipity7
 


So many false claims in this post. Where to begin? Elenin is 100% not a brown dwarf. If it were it would be reflecting an enormous amount of light right now and be highly visible. An object's temperature has nothing to do with the light it reflects. Just look at Pluto. For its size it appears extremely bright. This is due to the fact that it is composed mainly of frozen methane which is very reflective. IRAS was a satellite that was launched in January of 1983 and had a 10 month mission. I don't know what it would be doing in Antarctica or even still functioning. Can you explain to me how an object that is 3 km. across and not very dense is going to affect gravity or bring objects along with it?


If you are patient enough to watch the third video which was posted, you will see that there are many Infrared options on various satellites available for your use! ... He will even show you how to use any of these in conjunction with Google Sky.

I am not heavy on facts, I am not a reporter. I know that is preferred here, but I only came to believe part of this a few weeks back ... from input of various sources .. one of which is Richard Hoagland; but I am not a paid subscriber on Coast to Coast (have an open mind, that is all, don't close the channels or nothing can get in). ... So .. I cannot listen to the latest chit chat with some of the NASA guys and others on that show.

Terral03 has already left for his group meet in the caves of the Ozarks .. he is really worried.
His is the first video, and he is an astronomer.

Most of what I quote is in those three videos, but has quite a bit of redundant back up on You Tube, not just mirrors. So, I was seeking more information I came here ...

I shared what I had found (the best three [or 5 actually-- on another dead thread]) .... and if all you wish to do is detract ... please excuse me while I go look for more information.



posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Here is a video of the NASA Family Preparedness announcement:

Nasa Warns Employees




top topics



 
384
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

log in

join